PDA

View Full Version : 1,500 points chaos space marines

dumbobob
11-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Hey guys I'm totally new to 40K. I'm trying to build a versatile 15,000 point army but mostly i want t take down my friends Dark Eldars he's been collecting for 8 years now so I have a bridge to cross for sure. So far i got the Chaos Space Marines Started set with:

1 Chaos Rhyno with havoc launcher

8 Korn berserkers
2 plasma pistols
1 powerfist+plasma pistol skull champion

5 possessed

15 space marines including
1 heavy bolter
1 flamer
1 squad of 4 bolters+1 plasma gun
1 aspiring champion with plasma pistol+power fist
1 flag bearer

i added 1 terminator chaos lord with a daemonic weapon and the mark of Tzeentch and also

5 terminators
1 reaper auto cannon
1 twin link bolter
1 combi Melta+ power fist
1 twin link bolter+ chain fist
1 combi flamer+ power fist

i calculated the points to be roughly 1100

I was thinking about adding some oblitertarors for some anty tank and ranged attacks. as well as a Land raider. should bring up to 1,500 or close to at least. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cryl
11-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Possessed make for great models but not so great units in game.
CSM squads are better with 2 special weapons rather than giving them a heavy, you can't combat squad so you're stuck with the whole ten man squad not moving if you want to shoot that heavy bolter, pop in two plasma or two melta give them a rhino and you're set.

You'll get varying responses on this one but I'm not a fan of plasma pistols on champions with power fists, it's just too many points in one model especially a one wound model that you can lose to an overheat roll!

Oblits are good, the CSM landraider is the basic one with a ten man transport capacity, it's not bad but it's expensive for what you get from it. Personally I'm a fan of defilers but you probably won't hear that many other people telling you that they're worth taking!

Ok so for your list I'd get another rhino and some more csms, enough so that you can make two ten man squads with rhinos, give both the squads two special weapons (you might need bitz sites to be able to get the weapon loadouts you need, 2 plasma and 2 melta is what I'd go for although if you want to slightly tailor for DE take 4 plasma) then add some obliterators.

I'd consider making up some plague marine squads too, possible even in place of the regular CSMs. Sure they cost more but against DE you're at a lower I anyway and the extra T and FnP on a plague marine will be really useful.

dumbobob
11-29-2009, 06:41 AM
thanks for the comment. I did so reanilizing and came up with a nice 1,500 point army and strategy while i was at it :P

2 rhyno's with havoc launchers 100pts

10xCSM with bolters 1x plasma and 1x heavy bolter 175pts

10xCSM with pistols 1x power fist, 1x plasma, 1x plasma 200pts

5 terminators
1 reaper auto cannon
1 twin link bolter
1 combi Melta+ power fist
1 twin link bolter+ chain fist
1 combi flamer+ power fist 215pts

11 berserkers
1x skull champion with power fist
1x plasma pistols 286pts