PDA

View Full Version : The General Pooter Games Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Mr Mystery
11-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Realised we don't actually have one of these, and the conversations tend to get spread around the other threads.

So I thought 'meh, why not' and started this one. Hurrah!

Me, I'm a pretty casual gamer. Don't care for online, and will drop in and out of games to my hearts content. PS3 (soon enough, PS4) is my gaming platform of choice.

So....Force Unleashed. Tried the first one, found it a bit clunky at first, so threw in the towel and traded it in. As a Star Wars fan, can anyone confirm if it's worth me picking it up on the cheap again?

Psychosplodge
11-20-2013, 08:02 AM
From what little I played of it it's just another button basher like god of war etc....

Mr Mystery
11-20-2013, 08:04 AM
I likes those sorts of games. Main thing that honked me off about Force Unleashed was coming up against the AT-ST. The 'magic button' window was really short, and usually popped up whilst in the middle of a combo, causing Starkiller to be stepped on otherwise lightly mangled.

Psychosplodge
11-20-2013, 08:07 AM
I intensely dislike both button bashing games, and quicktime events so I've never thought much of any of them

ACE01
11-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Realised we don't actually have one of these, and the conversations tend to get spread around the other threads.

So I thought 'meh, why not' and started this one. Hurrah!

Huzzah!

I'm a PC gamer through and through, seriously gaming SP and MP since the 90's. I even played in competitive EU teams for MoH:AA and CoD1 in my youth!

Currently, I play a mucky mix of things, from BF3/4 and borderlands, past FTL & Trine, and through to Bloodbowl, DoW2, Talisman, and AoEII.

I'll play pretty much anything, but having previously dabbled in SWG, SWTOR, WoW, Rift et al, MMORPG's are out. Too much time sink and pressure to keep a raid organised, not enough pick up and play fun.

I do also own: 360, N64, Mega Drive, 'steam box HTPC', wii.

Some of my favourite ever games in no particular order and for a variety of reasons:

Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye
MOH:AA
Battlefield 2
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sega Rally Championship
Sid Meier's Gettysburg
Portal
Mass Effect 2
SWKOTOR 2
Fallout 2
Lemmings
RTCW
Duke3d
Commander Keen

DrLove42
11-20-2013, 01:38 PM
SW Unleashed - the first was a pretty fun if button bashy game. The second is dire.

As for favourite games....in no particular order

- Metroid Prime
- Star War Knight of the Old Republic
- Bioshock
- OoT
- Mass Effect 2

YorkNecromancer
11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Anything with stealth. (Tenchu, Hitman: Blood Money, Far Cry 3 (where guns are for animals and nothing else), Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Splinter Cell are particular favourites)

Any Doom-style FPS (i.e. one with more than two guns and a stupid plot, preferably where I'm killing monsters, so Doom 1-3, Quake (all), Borderlands 1 and 2, etc... nothing where I'm limited to less than four guns, or a modern military shooter of any kind. Apart, bizarrely, from Tom Clancy games, of which Rainbow 6: Vegas 1 and 2 are two of the best games I've EVER played.)

Anything where morality is intelligently discussed (Spec Ops: The Line is about it so far, although Bioshock 1 comes close. Fails, but comes close. Mass Effect aspires, but also fails. The aspiration is welcome, though.)

Any Capcom beat-'em-up. No exceptions.

Anything interesting (Yume Nikki, Ilomilo, Katamari, etc...)

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-20-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm probably more on the casual/old-school end - I don't enjoy spending long periods playing games, instead I prefer little 20-30 min sessions of something I can jump right into and get into without much complexities is perfect for me and good for breaks inbetween doing other stuff.

Quake (the original, hated the sequels)
Total Annihilation
Mortal Kombat (the old ones)
Super Mario Bros 1-3/Lost levels(smb2j)
Old PC games like Space Quest, Commander keen ect

I also enjoy some indie-games that are free to DL or play online such as Matt Thorson's Jumper series and other "masochistic" platformers. I really do love my 2D platformers.

Learn2Eel
11-20-2013, 05:22 PM
From what little I played of it it's just another button basher like god of war etc....

Force Unleashed is not even remotely similar to God of War, having played all/most offerings for both series'. That's before mentioning how God of War trumps Force Unleashed all around on quality. They might seem similar when you watch gameplay videos of them but actually holding a controller in your hands....no comparison. Similar to how some were hyping up Ryse as a God of War clone, sure it seems similar, but nope. Gameplay is nowhere near as deep or refined.

God of War games are only button mashers if you play on Easy. Any other difficulty, particularly the harder ones, and "button bashing" will get your back-side handed to you in the tutorial.

Sorry if that comes off as a bit rude, I'm not trying to be offensive :) Just, I've played through the three numbered God of War games at least four times each on varying difficulties, and have completed both 2 and 3 on Titan difficulty. I've also played both the first and second Force Unleashed games through at least twice each. To me, they are entirely distinct. The God of War games have a crap tonne of depth, Force Unleashed just doesn't offer that at all.

@Mr Mystery, the first Force Unleashed is a very decent pick-up. It isn't a bad game, just one that isn't as good as it could have been. Avoid Force Unleashed 2 though unless you can get it for a few pounds, I paid full RRP for it (in AUD mind) and was left with a disappointing at best 5 hour game. It is fun on its own, but it is so darn short and the story/voice acting aren't nearly as good as the original.

Psychosplodge
11-20-2013, 05:50 PM
they felt the same to me, but i've barely played either as I hate that style of game...

I started Catherine on hard the other day, that really is hard...

Learn2Eel
11-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Haha yeah fair enough, I love me some God of War and I've found too many games have tried to emulate it - Dante's Inferno comes to mind - and not done nearly as well. I think you only really start to appreciate the difference between those games if you get really in depth with them. It's why even with all the bad impressions of Ryse from pretty much everyone I do want to hear/see/feel how it compares to God of War as it is obviously a nod to the series.

Oh yeah. I never played Catherine myself but I've heard it is insanely hard.

Psychosplodge
11-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Another evening well spent on Skyrim.
Now running round in legendary daedric armour. Blacksmithing is upto 99. Enchanting upto 98.
Soon I'll have double enchantments on everything with my glamourous assitant running round in legendary light dragon scale...

:D

Mr Mystery
11-21-2013, 02:54 AM
God of War games are fun, but I never venture beyond 'normal' levels on a game. I'm here for fun, not frustration.

And kicking back in a classical stylee..... Zelda. Oh. Em. Gee. I love Zelda games! Absolutely love them. They just....work. To the point where I'm seriously considering picking up a 3DSXL and a WiiU just so I can itch that Zelda scratch, even when the games are remakes of classic entries. I don't care. I'm a Zelda slag!

Psychosplodge
11-21-2013, 04:28 AM
The 3ds version of ocarina of time is dumbed down compared to the original.

Learn2Eel
11-21-2013, 05:12 AM
I never ever did any blacksmithing or any crafting at all in Skyrim, yet you get so many rewards for it.....
Eh, I guess I'm impatient lol.

@Mr Mystery
No I understand perfectly mate. If you are looking for fun, don't ever play a God of War game on the hardest sitting. I spent at least.....gee it was a few nights trying to beat the final boss of God of War 2 on Titan, from memory anyway, might have been less. Basically, you die in three hits. Zeus attacks you relentlessly. You have to know his exact pattern and react within a second. And then you get to the QTE finisher.....my god. Do it *as it pops up on the screen* or die. So unfair....
Not to mention that he takes tiny damage from you because you can't even attack him normally. You literally have to spend the entire fight countering with the Golden Fleece!

eldargal
11-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Assassins Creed IV on PC releases here tomorrow but it's already out in some places. Just heard from a friend that there is a save bug which is seeing people lose all their progress and said friend lost 14 hours work. Now I'm worried.:(

Gotthammer
11-21-2013, 05:16 AM
Being behind on the release does mean it'll give them time to patch the bug before you get to it at least.

Psychosplodge
11-21-2013, 05:17 AM
Yeah at that level of enchanting, I can add more hit points, or damage reduction or damage to weapons than anything I've seen for sale.
Need to squeeze some planetside 2 and some rome 2 in this week as well really.

Mr Mystery
11-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Gonna pick up a couple of games for this months entertainment.

After the snooze fest that Arkham Origins turned out to be, think I'll go back to the tried and trusted 'Prototype 2', which is absolutley ace-cackes in my experience, and maybe this... an RPG in which winning on a funfair thingy makes you God (/http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Guided-Fate-Paradox-PS3/dp/B00BWKXB08/ref=sr_1_28?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1385032976&sr=1-28), and it turns out the job is really hard. Seems kooky enough to appeal!

Learn2Eel
11-21-2013, 06:57 AM
I'm playing through The Last of Us for a second* time at the moment, it's the only game I've been able to sit down and play for more than three hours at a time in about a fortnight.
Not buying another game until my PS4 arrives. When it does, I'll get Killzone and FIFA 14 on the day to go along with the PS+ freebies. A week after that, I'll probably get Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed 4.

*Technically the third time, but I intend to finish this one. My second play-through is on Survivor difficulty, and I just got up to the part where Joel falls down the elevator shaft in a hotel. I got up to that part and was like.....yeah, no. Might revisit it later, I got past that part on Normal just last night on my third play-through (mostly playing for story/gameplay) and it still sucked.

Wolfshade
11-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Another evening well spent on Skyrim.
Now running round in legendary daedric armour. Blacksmithing is upto 99. Enchanting upto 98.
Soon I'll have double enchantments on everything with my glamourous assitant running round in legendary light dragon scale...

You know you have too much stuff when you can level up just by enchanting the spare items in your house :)

Mr Mystery
11-21-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm playing through The Last of Us for a second* time at the moment, it's the only game I've been able to sit down and play for more than three hours at a time in about a fortnight.
Not buying another game until my PS4 arrives. When it does, I'll get Killzone and FIFA 14 on the day to go along with the PS+ freebies. A week after that, I'll probably get Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed 4.

*Technically the third time, but I intend to finish this one. My second play-through is on Survivor difficulty, and I just got up to the part where Joel falls down the elevator shaft in a hotel. I got up to that part and was like.....yeah, no. Might revisit it later, I got past that part on Normal just last night on my third play-through (mostly playing for story/gameplay) and it still sucked.

Sounds like Last of Us is to be recommended then?

Learn2Eel
11-21-2013, 07:18 AM

The Last of Us: Metacritic
Critic Score - 95
User Score - 91

I've played many games but there is little doubt that The Last of Us is just.....something else.

Psychosplodge
11-21-2013, 07:21 AM
You know you have too much stuff when you can level up just by enchanting the spare items in your house :)

Yep. When I set off to enchant I just took a load of daggers from previous smithing and all my petty and common filled soulstones out of my miscellaneous box.
Still got 170ish daggers left.

The SO's brother played it through about four times back to back. But I've also heard it described as dodgy controls, and poor camera like an early resident evil to make up for any real tension in the story.

Mr Mystery
11-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Hmm. £25 in CEX? Worth a punt I guess!

Learn2Eel
11-21-2013, 05:51 PM
The SO's brother played it through about four times back to back. But I've also heard it described as dodgy controls, and poor camera like an early resident evil to make up for any real tension in the story.

Here's a heads up for you Mr Mystery. From my personal experience, the shooting controls are designed to be shaky to promote the 'hopeless' setting/theme of the game. It is a survival game where, on higher difficulties in particular, you are always low on ammo and can't really afford to miss. The main character is shaky with his aiming somewhat, and the shakiness gets worse when enemies - such as infected - are charging at you or simply putting you under pressure. I can understand why some might call it mediocre shooting mechanics but I think, like everything in the game, it is designed to match the theme. However, YMMV as that was often one of the (few) criticisms of the game.

I've never heard anyone describe TLoU's story as lacking tension to be honest lol.

eldargal
11-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Playing Assassins Creed 4, it is really good so far. The annoying things about combat and sneaking up on people in AC3 seem to have been fixed and the settings are much prettier. Havana is lovely.

Mr Mystery
11-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Went with 'The Guided Fate Paradox' in the end. Should be turning up at some point tomorrow.

Kind of a FF/God Sim/Katamari style game, where you accidentally become God, and need to go dungeon crawling in a parallel world to fulfil peoples prayers and wishes in our world.

Sounds mental! Should be fun!

Psychosplodge
11-22-2013, 05:20 AM
doesn't sound like much of a God...

Mr Mystery
11-22-2013, 05:31 AM
Does sound interesting though!

eldargal
11-22-2013, 07:36 AM
*flails*

Loving AC4 so much, I really think it may be the best installment yet.

DrLove42
11-22-2013, 07:40 AM
I've bought 4 for the One, so might give it a go later. Does it take ages to start up like 2 and 3 did?

eldargal
11-22-2013, 08:04 AM
In terms of story? Not particularly.

Learn2Eel
11-23-2013, 12:14 AM
*flails*

Loving AC4 so much, I really think it may be the best installment yet.

That's good, the reviews have been good so I'll probably add it to my launch day PS4 purchases, money-willing.

eldargal
11-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Hope you like it then, I think it's fantastic but as always it won't be to everyones tastes.:)

Mini-review:

Things I don't like, 'cos there aren't many:

-Free-running is still a bit clumsy at times. Most of the time it works well and is great, every now and then you will still clip a wall or an object and go running off and up a wall perpendicular to the direction you were heading, if perpendicular is the word I'm after in this context. Most of the time mildly annoying, sometimes when chasing enemies or sea shanty pages very annoying.
-Nasty save game progress deleting bug which I've not had but is very worrisome.

Things I like:
-Naval combat. It's been changed from AC3, given more depth without making it convoluted. Rather than just sailing past things and pressing 'fire' you actually select each side of your ship via camera and fire the broadsides that way and you control the stern chasers the same way and also drop fire barrels (exploding barrels) from the aft the same way. You can also buy a long range mortar you shoot backwards using the q button. It can be a bit difficult firiring two broadsides at ships on either side of you but most of the time you don't want to do that as you're a pirate not Horatio 'Reckless Sonofab!tch' Hornblower in his la di dah third rate frigate.
-There are more female characters in the first quarter of AC4 than in all of AC3, both Assassins and Templar, which is so refreshing. They are also good characters, more importantly.
-Combat is smooth and intuitive, similar to AC3s system but implemented better. Camera also seems more focused, I only lose track of what my character is doing in naval boarding actions where it's quite a cramped focus.
-The story is excellent, really enjoying it. Quite refreshing to view the Secret War through the perspective of someone who stumbled upon it by accident rather than growing up with the Assassins.
-The setting is lovely, very beautiful and interesting, you really want to explore every nook and cranny (hur) of the place looking for plantations to raid, smuggler caves, Mayan ruins etc.

That's everything that springs to mind at the moment. Some people are reporting it runs really badly on their high end PC, I've not had any trouble so I don't know what that says.

Psychosplodge
11-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Double XP weekend on planetside 2, so not much else got played this weekend...
It was fun, but sixteen hours in two days might be enough.

Learn2Eel
11-24-2013, 05:11 PM
I think I'm going to grab Injustice: Ultimate Edition on PS4 at launch, come to think of it. Thinking of dropping either Battlefield 4 or Killzone: Shadow Fall from my launch line-up. The reality is, with Tyranids coming out I won't have that much to spend on games, so I need to make my three-four initial purchases count. FIFA 14 is obvious as I missed 13, it is a massive time-eater. Assassins' Creed sounds like a great bet as well. I've wanted Injustice for yonks, it turns out it is a good thing I waited. So, Killzone or Battlefield. Tough choice! Or I might drop Assassins' Creed. Ah, decisions, decisions...

Mr Mystery
11-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Bloody Royal Mail!!! Grrr!

Ordered Guided Fate Paradox on Friday, using Amazon Prime. Game dispatched same day, to my home address.

No bloody sign of it.

If they expect me to go and collect it, they can whistle. Collections office is now the next town over.

Eff you Royal Mail. Eff you right in your recently privatised ear.

Kirsten
11-24-2013, 06:50 PM

Last of Us is easily the second best game of the year

Learn2Eel
11-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Last of Us is easily the second best game of the year

Yep, no matter how you slice it is one of the top two games released this year.

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 02:39 AM
Bloody Royal Mail!!! Grrr!

Ordered Guided Fate Paradox on Friday, using Amazon Prime. Game dispatched same day, to my home address.

No bloody sign of it.

If they expect me to go and collect it, they can whistle. Collections office is now the next town over.

Eff you Royal Mail. Eff you right in your recently privatised ear.

Amazon prime generally users a courier, couriers on next day don't generally deliver saturday as a rule, its an extra.
just saying...

I had this problem with amazon prime when it snowed. I got my new mobo last year from the other side of the Pennines which were snow covered, and on a free postage from wherever, but amazon prime couldn't manage to deliver a gpu despite the amazon warehouses being on the less snow covered side of the country... :mad:

Wolfshade
11-25-2013, 02:52 AM
My 8 year old GT/GTO 7900 expired saturday :(

Sunday afternoon I repaced it with a 7800.

ARgh! Really just need a brand new rig.

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 03:08 AM
a 7800 O_O

Is that still one of those pre pci sockets, were they AGP? or something similar.

Wolfshade
11-25-2013, 03:23 AM
Nah, PCI-E, can sli up, though there is little point. Runs skyrim on medium without any issues and that is "ok" for me.

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 03:59 AM
But it looks so shiney in HD :D

Wolfshade
11-25-2013, 04:04 AM
But it looks so shiney in HD :D

Wouldn't know. Now buy me my quad sli titan beastie

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 04:09 AM
I think it would be better with the quad 790/780 setup.

Wolfshade
11-25-2013, 04:14 AM
nVidia are jumping back in to giving bundles away: http://www.geforce.co.uk/geforce-small-form-factor-pcs

Some nice small form factors, obviously, not as cheap as doing it yourself, but it does save the hassel of building it yourself. Like paying someone to build your mechano set...

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 04:21 AM
It's not hassle, its fun :D

Yeah, some of the small LAN party ready PCs are cool.

Wolfshade
11-25-2013, 04:29 AM
I want to get one, maybe start saving my pennies.

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 04:34 AM
I've built five PCs this year. I might have a year off :D

Mr Mystery
11-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Amazon prime generally users a courier, couriers on next day don't generally deliver saturday as a rule, its an extra.
just saying...

I had this problem with amazon prime when it snowed. I got my new mobo last year from the other side of the Pennines which were snow covered, and on a free postage from wherever, but amazon prime couldn't manage to deliver a gpu despite the amazon warehouses being on the less snow covered side of the country... :mad:

Same thing happened with my Arkahm Origins pre-order, showed up a day late, Saturday instead of Friday. I was less than amused.

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 07:44 AM
*shrugs* dunno then. But like I said, I thought prime was a courier service?

Kirsten
11-25-2013, 07:45 AM
*shrugs* dunno then. But like I said, I thought prime was a courier service?

doesn't he lead the autobots? I suppose he is a truck, and does need something to do when not fighting decepticons...

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 07:48 AM
It would make sense, though don't forget he died...

Kirsten
11-25-2013, 07:49 AM
explains the late delivery

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 07:49 AM
It would indeed.

Mr Mystery
11-25-2013, 08:03 AM
:( I r upset at lack of game on time thing.

Mr Mystery
11-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Still no game.....

Psychosplodge
11-25-2013, 05:14 PM
you tried turning it off and on again?

Wait, why didn't you wait for the next gen version?

Wolfie, this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008X3CMSE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is what I've got, and its marvellous, and now reduced...

Wolfshade
11-26-2013, 03:13 AM
Reduced one of my favourite words, "By Default" is another :D

Looks quite nifty. I've decided to save my pennies and get a small form factor rig.

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 03:15 AM
Not build a small form factor rig?

dunno whether to get a second for SLI kind of overkill but would be awesome...

Wolfshade
11-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Build/get, depending on how bothered I am, some of them are water cooled and I am always cautious about doing that myself, but would enjoy the quietness.

SLI isn't really worth it.

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Apparently a pair of those give better performance than a 680...

A full custom watercooled build? Or one of those self contained loops? The odds are its the latter. Not sure you'd ship the alternative through the post.

Wolfshade
11-26-2013, 04:04 AM
£10 more get the 760 instead... ~20% better, ish.

No, I'll have a look around and have a think.

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Its the ti version, you took that into account?
I suppose I could go for a bigger card. I don't need one, but the temptation is always there...

See if you're building a new rig eventually, a graphics card is a part you can use now :D

Learn2Eel
11-26-2013, 05:41 AM
Its the ti version, you took that into account?
I suppose I could go for a bigger card. I don't need one, but the temptation is always there...

See if you're building a new rig eventually, a graphics card is a part you can use now :D

Yep, exactly. I've got a 4-5 year old computer and I recently put an AMD Radeon HD 7800 in it. I went from running Shogun 2 on Low settings 1920x1080 @ 20fps to Ultra setting 1920x1080 @ 60fps. The difference is simply insane, even despite my crappy old computer bottle-necking it badly.

The only game that my rig even struggles with now is Rome 2, which I'm currently playing on High settings 1920x1080 @ 20-30fps. When I upgrade the rest of my computer though, it will run like a breeze. Though there are some game mods like Phoenix Rising for EAW that destroy my CPU regardless of what GPU I have lol.

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 05:52 AM
With the 660ti I can run planetside 2 on ultra settings at 60fps and any dropoff is down to the cpu (i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz)
Rome 2 again runs with everything turned up to full.
In fact I never really had any freezing or crashing till the first patch... :mad:

Wolfshade
11-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Well I do have enough redundancy in my current psu. It might be a good idea, a one off for this. Then make the big mobo + chip jump later.

I do really like this little case (35.9 x 25 x 40.4 cm)

http://img.ebyrcdn.net/576393-580273-800.jpg

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 06:46 AM
I've seen them, they're a nice looking piece of kit. Plenty of colour choice too. I think they have room for a fullsize gpu as well don't they?

Wolfshade
11-26-2013, 06:50 AM
Yeah they do, which is nice some of the small cases don't have that luxury. But depending on the size of the mobo depends whether you can fit a double height gpu, though that is the same with all of them really I guess.

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Not really. As even if the slot is at the very bottom of the mobo, it just overhangs space rather than pcb. It'll still line up with the rear sockets.

Wolfshade
11-26-2013, 07:15 AM
Some of the earlier multiple pci-e boards were single spaced so if you had a double depth card you could only fit one, that's what I meant.

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 07:19 AM
It just covers a port is all. How many pci slots were you planning on using anyway?

Mr Mystery
11-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Just had a wee chat with Amazon about my missing game.

Advised to give it another day, as sometimes things go a bit wrong (managing expectations). If no sign by tomorrow, they'll send out a replacement (agreement), and extended my Prime membership by a month (compensation).

All within about 1 minute of raising the issue.

And the High Street wonders why online is slaughtering it?

Wolfshade
11-26-2013, 07:38 AM
It just covers a port is all. How many pci slots were you planning on using anyway?

Just the one, well untill I quad-sli my titans..

Just had a wee chat with Amazon about my missing game.

Advised to give it another day, as sometimes things go a bit wrong (managing expectations). If no sign by tomorrow, they'll send out a replacement (agreement), and extended my Prime membership by a month (compensation).

All within about 1 minute of raising the issue.

And the High Street wonders why online is slaughtering it?

We were discussing this earlier, well amazon. I made the following point:

Amazon is so large that they can afford not to quibble on customer complaints, after all if they have issues with as many as 1 in 1000 transactions then it is very small rate, so it is easier just to pay out/sort out pdq rather than have a bad press incident, which could cost them more than 1 sale.

Mr Mystery
11-26-2013, 07:40 AM
True.

But it's the way they went about this particular chat. Really professional, and asked if I was happy with the options given, rather than 'like it or lump it'.

Good customer service means an awful lot to me as a consumer!

Psychosplodge
11-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Are they still charging you £1.50 a minute to chat to them?

Mr Mystery
11-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Nah this was online.

Wolfshade
11-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Warlock 2: The Exiled

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/11/Warlock-2.jpg

Looks like Civ meets fantasy. woot

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/11/nov_2013_4-610x343.jpg

Psychosplodge
11-27-2013, 07:59 AM
I disliked that civ5 had moved to hex based instead of the previous grid.

Kirsten
11-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Warcraft and Starcraft both on special offer from Blizzard direct as digital download if anyone is interested.

lattd
11-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Is anyone else struggling to get onto the redeem code section of the xbox site?

Psychosplodge
11-27-2013, 10:22 AM
nope, because I have no reason to...
Think docs the only I recall announcing the acquisition of a new xbox

lattd
11-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Not got a new xbox just wanted to put a code for extra content for my rather ancient, 360 :/

Psychosplodge
11-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Ah.
I'd assume its related to new xboxs somewhere along the line.

lattd
11-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Probably over load of servers :/ ill just have to go one my actual xbox.

Kirsten
11-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Space Hulk £7.81 for the next few hours on Steam

Kirsten
11-27-2013, 02:49 PM
and I just bought Skyrim for £3.70

Wolfshade
11-27-2013, 03:01 PM
The DLC is all 50% as well. Though I am not allowed :(

If you get the GoY or whatever it is called it works out cheaper I think.

Kirsten
11-27-2013, 03:03 PM
yeah. I have played it through multiple times on xbox, but have heard often that the PC version is ridiculously better, so at that price you really can't say no. not getting the DLC just now because I don't know if I would play it through again (fourth time) enough to justify it, shall download it, give it a try, and see. Just bought Space Hulk, Skyrim, and both Starcraft 2s, so shouldn't spend any more really.

Kirsten
11-27-2013, 07:00 PM
just loaded up Skyrim, amazed at how small the download is. was very disappointed when it auto selected low graphics, then found low graphics are still better than the Xbox 360 version... and it still runs perfectly smoothly. will have to try some mods too.

also did the first mission of Space Hulk. it works exactly like the board game, some people aren't impressed, but really it does exactly what you expect it to. I quite like the grainy shoulder cam feed in the top right hand corner for whichever terminator you have selected.

Wolfshade
11-28-2013, 02:42 AM
Don't forget to pick up the free Skyrim High-Resolution Texture Pack to make things that bit more pretty.
http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/202485/ss_b3c5c70421af0c6a48dab2fbac88814a8827c057.1024x7 68.jpg

Also PCgamer have a nice summary of some mods:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/28/the-25-best-skyrim-mods-2/

The Humble Store also has a discount sale on.

I mentioned the steam sale to the wife, and she was "No." I'm a sad wolfie :(

Psychosplodge
11-28-2013, 02:51 AM
oh noes.
But there'll be another one in a fortnight or so :D

Got my enchanting and smithing up to 100 last night. So now all my armour is double enchanted daedric, with a soul trapping and paralysis dragonbone sword...
My glamorous vampyre assistant is running round in double enchanted full dragon scale.

Now for some serious hack & slash :D

Wolfshade
11-28-2013, 03:10 AM
No Skyrim for me until Saturday :(

I'm not sure if I like assistants, they either block me in a room, or get in the way of my warhammer...however they are useful for being a pack mule.

Psychosplodge
11-28-2013, 03:16 AM
I just kinda think its cool having a vampyre follow me round. Especially when I was doing the dawnguard stuff :D

Just reading the mad week in skyrim thing thats a link off that 50 mods link. Hilarious doesn't begin to cover it.

Wolfshade
11-28-2013, 03:20 AM
Yes, that was quite "something".

Psychosplodge
11-28-2013, 03:33 AM
If only the harley quinn outfit had armour I might've downloaded it myself...

Kirsten
11-28-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm not sure if I like assistants, they either block me in a room, or get in the way of my warhammer...however they are useful for being a pack mule.

I agree, I find them more hindrance than help

Wolfshade
11-28-2013, 05:33 AM
Wait at my house.
Now I've cleared the dungeon follow me, you won't need armour for this...

Companion: Do you really need that bucket?

Psychosplodge
11-28-2013, 05:40 AM
They're a helpful distraction when it comes to dragons...

Kirsten
11-28-2013, 05:46 AM
looking through the mod list and going to nexus it wants me to register and pay money, anyone used the nexus mods?

Wolfshade
11-28-2013, 05:53 AM
I've used the nexus mods for Fallout 3/NV I don't recall paying any money.

Psychosplodge
11-28-2013, 05:58 AM
I think EG recommended them when skyrim originally popped up in the tribute thread.
I've never seen owt about them costing money before.

Kirsten
11-28-2013, 05:59 AM
it seems it isn't compulsory, but it only tells you that at the bottom after you go through a big list of membership options

lattd
11-28-2013, 06:04 AM
So i picked up lego marvel super heroes yesterday and then proceeded to spend a few hours on it last night.... Pretty good game just flying in free play is a bit rubbish, however good list of characters, annoying the asgard DLC is only available for playstation atm :/

Wolfshade
11-28-2013, 06:29 AM
I like the lego games despite tehm all being the same :)

With the skyrim mods, I was looking at the deconstruct mod, so you can convert your daggers back to their constituent parts, but if it does this on a 1:1 basis then you could very easily just max out your smithing skill by deconstructing and re constructing you 50 daggers or what have you...

lattd
11-28-2013, 06:37 AM
I always found it stupid that the daggers whatever type gave you the same experience, I started off building dwarven daggers etc and then noticed no difference in experience so just spammed iron daggers.

Psychosplodge
11-28-2013, 06:48 AM
I found glass swords an efficient way to raise it for the last ten or twenty smithing points.

Wolfshade
11-28-2013, 07:00 AM
I always found it stupid that the daggers whatever type gave you the same experience, I started off building dwarven daggers etc and then noticed no difference in experience so just spammed iron daggers.

This has been patched (1.5), so you get more experiance for better equipment than you do for base.

Kirsten
11-28-2013, 08:50 AM
downloaded a few mods, katanas, recurve bows, throwing weapons, samurai armour, wet and cold. is there a particular high res texture pack people recommend? seems to be loads of different ones about.

Psychosplodge
11-28-2013, 08:59 AM
There's one on the steam DLC site, not the mods bit the actual steam store.

Then everything I've read seems to be recommending that light source mod mentioned in wolfies link.

Kirsten
11-28-2013, 09:02 AM
need to get a better draw distance on enemies at the moment. can see static objects further away than the console version, but at times enemies are popping into existence a few feet away from me, archers outside are shooting me with impunity.

Wolfshade
11-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Console command:

fov #

Adjust field of view. The maximum value appears to be 160. Higher numbers allow a wider field of vision, but it can be distorted. Lower numbers show a "zoomed" view. 60-90 is a useful range.

eldargal
11-28-2013, 09:32 AM
There are some complete graphics overhaul mods which are incredibly intensive but make the game look almost photo-realistic, I'll try and dig up my list of Skyrim mods...

Played a bit of the Aveline DLC for AC4, really enjoying it so far. Not a huge insight into her character yet, but I think she plays a bit differently (moves faster I think, like Catwoman in Arkham City) and her machete kills (hur) are easily the most brutal kills in any AC game I've played yet, very nice. Really looking forward to getting AC:Liberation/Feminist Facestab in January.

Still enjoying the main game as well, had a particularly fun moment attacking a convoy of 6 big men-o-war (hur) and capturing two before escaping the rest, quite smug I didn't end up sunk.

Kirsten
11-28-2013, 07:20 PM
well I am back from the PS4 midnight launch. fewer drunk *******s fortunately thinking they are funny hurling abuse, but unfortunately also fewer entertaining drunks for a good chat. the staff think they have it rough doing two midnight launches in two weeks, they should try working a bar TT fortnight, amateurs :p

still, my mum came in and collected my awesome Killzone mega bundle so I got the deal I wanted. downside I can't play it until christmas day and pretty much every other staff member bought one, so I am going to have to spend the next month at work with my fingers in my ears going la la la not listening.

Psychosplodge
11-29-2013, 02:34 AM
I can't play it until christmas day and pretty much every other staff member bought one, so I am going to have to spend the next month at work with my fingers in my ears going la la la not listening.

lmao

Wolfshade
11-29-2013, 02:41 AM
Being so behind the curve I know exactly what this is like...

Psychosplodge
11-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Aye this is what Skyrim was like for me...

Wolfshade
11-29-2013, 03:12 AM
Aye this is what Skyrim was like for me...

That is what Skyrim is like for me

Psychosplodge
11-29-2013, 03:32 AM
I meant the waiting. :p
I'm still on my first playthrough too :D

Kirsten
11-29-2013, 12:46 PM
just picked up the AC IV Skull edition for PS4, now it is going to mock me for the next month as well.

Deadlift
11-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Despite moving next week and having loads yet to do, I instead paid for a months worth of WoW. :o. Wife's gone a bit mental at me but I've done 2 days worth of packing and shifting already.

Psychosplodge
11-29-2013, 01:18 PM
It only takes a couple of days to pack a house... :D

Kirsten
11-29-2013, 05:55 PM
started on Starcraft II Wings of Liberty. So far it is like Starcraft I meets Firefly...

this can only be a good thing. playing it made me all nostalgic.

Kirsten
11-30-2013, 01:04 PM
now downloading my free Super Mario 3D Land for registering a 3DS and game, then on to Pokemon X

Mr Mystery
11-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Guided Fate Paradox is a massive let down.

Just bloody weird.

Dread Corsair
11-30-2013, 01:32 PM
So I am considering my next-gen console purchase and the best choice (no joke) seems to be the Wii U.

Mr Mystery
11-30-2013, 01:47 PM
PS4 for me!

Dread Corsair
11-30-2013, 01:52 PM
It was going to be PS4 for me too eventually but I'm thinking of just getting a Wii U for the time being and then save up my pennies for a while to join that 'master race' I keep hearing about.

Aenir
11-30-2013, 07:31 PM
steam sale, bought Surgeon Simulator, its really good :)

Kirsten
12-01-2013, 05:31 PM
looking at hard drives to replace the PS4 one. I really don't think 500gb will last long, and a 1TB hard drive is only £50.

Learn2Eel
12-01-2013, 09:29 PM
So I am considering my next-gen console purchase and the best choice (no joke) seems to be the Wii U.

Well the WiiU has the best roster of games at the moment.
However, you need to be very aware it probably won't be that valuable of a long term purchase. Third parties weren't too keen on it to begin with, and its' terrible sales combined with the ridiculous sales of the PS4/X1 will probably lead to it being mostly abandoned aside from "money-grab" ports.
I'm sure there will be some great third party games on it to come, just remember that the main reason you are buying it is for the first party games.

Psychosplodge
12-02-2013, 02:46 AM

Yep, especially if you're joining the master race.

Wolfshade
12-02-2013, 02:53 AM
As long as it runs mario kart and lego games what more do you need?!

Dread Corsair
12-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Yep, especially if you're joining the master race.

Not sure with my genetic makeup I qualify for being part of a 'master race' but I'll take it.

As long as it runs mario kart and lego games what more do you need?!

Precisely.

lattd
12-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Lego warhammer would be so amusing. Don't forget the Zelda series!

Kirsten
12-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Don't forget the Zelda series!

greatest game series ever

Psychosplodge
12-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Not sure with my genetic makeup I qualify for being part of a 'master race' but I'll take it.

What's genes got to do with the PC gaming masterracre? O_o

Learn2Eel
12-03-2013, 08:13 PM
greatest game series ever

Yeah, those CD-i games are the best ever!

Kneel before Ganon!

Gotthammer
12-04-2013, 12:00 PM
http://youtu.be/TpTGbVaGUKo

lattd
12-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Don't forget the zelda cartoon -_- but all in all they are fantastic games.

Wolfshade
12-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Because we don't have enough Skyrim Mod discussion:

I present to you Morrowrim? Skywind? Smorroim

http://morroblivion.com/

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/12/Skywind.jpg

Skywind is a remake of Morrowind in the Skyrim game. It is a large mod that really plays like an entirely new game. As such it is a very large download at about 3.5GB. It has several plugins (a master file and patch) and all the graphics and sounds to make up the world of Morrowind. Skywind is in an Alpha state, meaning you can move around the world, interact with a few things, but the full content of questing, gameplay and many other various elements are not part of the game yet.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Wow, that's tasty.

Ever seen The Moonpath of Elsweyr mod? That's pretty impressive too.

What do we think of TES:O so far?

Psychosplodge
12-06-2013, 07:57 AM
That's quite pretty.

Now Planetside 2 last night...
Spirited defence of an amp station for over an hour. Saw off many TR attacks where we were outnumbered. Originally led by former lounge regular Fuzzbucket, but a greedy landgrab by the replacement platoon leader when fuzz went offline led to losing it in the last 30 seconds of the alert :mad:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Some people aren't leaders and shouldn't be trusted to lead.

Mr Mystery
12-06-2013, 08:04 AM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4876567182377595&w=150&h=149&c=7&rs=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fpas-fermiamolebanche.blogspot.com%2f2012_01_01_archive .html&pid=1.7

lattd
12-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Me mystery we could put a picture of every mp up as unfit to lead tbf.

Psychosplodge
12-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Mr mystery we could put a picture of any mp up as unfit to lead tbf.

^this

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Vote for me! Vote for Anarchy!

Wolfshade
12-06-2013, 08:47 AM
TES:O while I like what I am hearing about it. I don't do MMOs so i shan't play, it is a simple truth that I have insufficent time to game frequently so paying a monthly subscription to play for at most 24hrs/month.

Psychosplodge
12-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Same.
Plus paying more than once for a game?

Kirsten
12-06-2013, 10:18 AM
don't know if anyone has seen this yet, mod for Skyrim recreates Morrowind with skyrim engine

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/morrowind-recreated-using-the-skyrim-engine

sounds awesome to me. I couldn't get in to Morrowind or Oblivion, but Skyrim tweaked the games just enough that I love it, re-doing the old games with new engine would be brilliant.

Wolfshade
12-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Because we don't have enough Skyrim Mod discussion:

I present to you Morrowrim? Skywind? Smorroim

http://morroblivion.com/

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/12/Skywind.jpg

Skywind is a remake of Morrowind in the Skyrim game. It is a large mod that really plays like an entirely new game. As such it is a very large download at about 3.5GB. It has several plugins (a master file and patch) and all the graphics and sounds to make up the world of Morrowind. Skywind is in an Alpha state, meaning you can move around the world, interact with a few things, but the full content of questing, gameplay and many other various elements are not part of the game yet.

don't know if anyone has seen this yet, mod for Skyrim recreates Morrowind with skyrim engine

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/morrowind-recreated-using-the-skyrim-engine

sounds awesome to me. I couldn't get in to Morrowind or Oblivion, but Skyrim tweaked the games just enough that I love it, re-doing the old games with new engine would be brilliant.

No :rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-06-2013, 09:56 PM
There was an awesome mod that integrated the powers from Dishonored into Skyrim. :D

eldargal
12-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Finished Assassins Creed IV, so impressed with it. I also enjoyed the out-of-character hacking mini-games in the 'real world' and one of them was actually an excellent commentary on gender roles, where you had the male chap exploring the memories of his female ancestor Aveline (from AC:Liberation/Feminist Facestab). Not sure if it was intentional or not but it was very amusing/interesting. Sadly the way the story is framed rather rules out another game with Edward Kenway is protagonist, though they could ignore that easily enough.

Deadlift
12-10-2013, 10:26 AM
So after a brief post of the fallout 4 thread I was wondering what you guys would consider to be your top 5 games ever. Obviously I expect some geek snobbery with someone choosing some obscure game no one else has heard of, but try to be honest. Which top 5 games have you enjoyed the most.

Here are mine

5. Zelda, Ocarina of time.
4. Final Fantasy 7
3. Fable 2
2. Fallout New Vegas
1. World of Warcraft.

Just outside would be X-Com enemy unknown.

energongoodie
12-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Speedball 2 (Amiga)
Mario Kart (SNES)
Wings (Amiga)
Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition (SNES)
Medal of Honour (Playstation)

Not in any order that's just my gut reaction.

Kirsten
12-10-2013, 12:34 PM
1. Link to the Past
2. Link Between Worlds
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Valkyria Chronicles
5. Fire Emblem Awakening

close contenders, Skyward Sword, Red Dead Redemption, any Mass Effect, Time Splitters 2 or 3, Killzone 2 or 3, Spec Ops, Max Payne 3, Red Alert, Company of Heroes, Farcry 3, Last of Us, Uncharted 1,2, or 3... I like a lot of games...

Deadlift
12-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Oh crap, I forgot the Mass Effect games. I would switch ME3 for FFVII I think. Epic story driven game which I enjoyed so very much. Never played a fem Shep though. Maybe next time.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-10-2013, 04:48 PM
5. Final Fantasy VII
4. Killzone II
3. Mass Effect II
2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
1. Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

There are so many contenders though, Fallout 3, Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, etc

Psychosplodge
12-10-2013, 04:50 PM
in terms of hours sunk into them it'd have to be
1. civ 2
2. alpha centuari
3. rome total war
4. team fortress 2
5. and current game of the mooment PS2

http://youtu.be/Mz6AlHQGY_Q

eldargal
12-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Oh crap, I forgot the Mass Effect games. I would switch ME3 for FFVII I think. Epic story driven game which I enjoyed so very much. Never played a fem Shep though. Maybe next time.
You should, Jennifer Hales voice acting is widely regarded as superior and I really think it is. I've tried making a ManShep and I give up after a couple of hours 'cos the voice just seems flat in comparison, no offense to the voice actor intended.

Hm, favourites...

Mass Effect 3 (or the whole series if we can include that)
Dragon Age Origins (ditto the series, yes I loved DA2...)
Europa Universalis III
Baldurs Gate II
Skyrim

Really hard to limit to five. World of Warcraft and Star Wars The Old Republic and KOTOR should be there as well.

Wolfshade
12-11-2013, 03:15 AM
Top 5. Difficult, hmm

5. Skyrim
4. X-COM: UFO Defence (the old dos one) (Enemey from the Deep also)
3. Star Trek: Birth of the Federation (Damn you hasbro I want ST:BotF II!)
2. Heroes of Might and Magic III (Whole series, bar IV)
1. Fallout: NV (Whole series I would add)

Nearly rans, EU II, DAO, Civ, FFVII, Conquest of the New World

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2013, 03:16 AM
I'd pick The Elder Scrolls over Fallout any day. The last three have all been insanely good.
I can't wait for online. >.<

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2013, 03:18 AM
You should, Jennifer Hales voice acting is widely regarded as superior and I really think it is. I've tried making a ManShep and I give up after a couple of hours 'cos the voice just seems flat in comparison, no offense to the voice actor intended.

Mark Meer is a really cool guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUCj5U8VPCE

Psychosplodge
12-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Yeah if I was including nearlys fallout 3, Baldur's gate, Baldur's gate 2, Neverwinter nights 1+2, possibly skyrim would have all been there...

I prefer the fallout setting as theres a lot less apocalyptic wasteland roamers out there compared to fantasy games.

Wolfshade
12-11-2013, 03:22 AM
I'd pick The Elder Scrolls over Fallout any day. The last three have all been insanely good.
I can't wait for online. >.<

I've only played Skyrim, I think. Hmm, I may have played Oblivion...

I love the humour and the setting more in Fallout, never played brotherhood tactics

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2013, 03:30 AM
You've never played Oblivion if you prefer Fallout humour. :p

Also, Oblivion has, without a doubt, the best DLC ever made of all time: THE SHIVERING ISLES.
Featuring my favourite character, and everyone's favourite demented Prince; SHEOGORATH.

Quotes
Oblivion
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!
Jyggalag! He is the Prince of Order. Or biscuits...no, no, Order! And not in a good way. Bleak. Colorless. Dead. Boring, boring, BORING! And not a fan of my work, I can tell you. Hates it, hates me. You've seen his knights. Not the warm and cuddly sort.
Jyggalag's forces are gathering in the Fringe...And I HATE IT when people gather forces in my Fringe!
I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds....or was it clowns.... it doesn't matter, it didn't slow him down. But it really began to smell! Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell, they taste of butter. And tears.
... and OUT comes the intestines! And I skip rope with them!
I'm a little busy here! I'm trying to decide what to have for dinner. Oh, how I love to eat. One of my favorite things to do. Go talk to Haskill, he's got more brains than a brain pie! Ooh...brain pie... perfect! ...Care to donate?
I hate indecision! ... or maybe I don't. Well, make up your mind. Or I'll have your skin made into a hat. Maybe one of those arrowcatchers. I love those hats!
Ta! Come visit again! Or I'll pluck out your eyes, ha ha ha!
[About Jyggalag] Malacath is more popular at parties! And Malacath is NOT popular at parties!
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true? You've run a maze like a good little rat. But no cheese for you yet. Well, maybe a little.
And Xedilian? Seeing as you're standing here, I assume you've succeeded. Or you're terribly confused. Or really lacking in good judgment.
The Isles. THE ISLES! They're a wonderful place to be, except when they are horrible. Then they are HORRIBLY WONDERFUL! Good for a visit! Or for an eternity.
YOU dare interrupt ME? Only I interrupt me! Like just then.
You're making my teeth itch!
It'll move mountains! It'll mount movements!
Daedra are the embodiment of change, change and permanency. I'm no different. Except in the ways that I am.
Woops! I guess the cat's out of the bag on that one! Who puts cats in bags anyhow? Cats HATE bags.
You really shouldn't have done that. Enjoy the view. - If the player attacks him.
Now get out of here before I change my mind....or my mind changes me.
Wondering why I let him/her go, don't you? I can see it in your face... mostly in your eyes. I may take those from you when all of this is over.

Skyrim
More tea, Pelly my dear?
You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelagius. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old?
You are the best Septim that's ever ruled. Well, except for that Martin fellow, but he turned into a dragon god, and that's hardly sporting...
You know, I was there for that whole sordid affair. Marvelous times! Butterflies, blood, a Fox and severed head... Oh, and the cheese! To die for.*
H'afrumph! Well then, if you're going to be like that... Perhaps it's best I take my leave. A good day to you sir. I said good day!
Was it Molag? No, no... Little Tim, the toymaker's son? The ghost of King Lysandus? Or was it... Yes! Stanley, that talking grapefruit from Passwall.
Jolly good guess. But only half right. I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years.
"WRONG!! Actually, you do. Sort of."
"I am a part of you, little mortal. I am a shadow of your subconscious, a blemish on your fragile little psyche. You know me. You just don't know it."
Now you. You can call me Ann Marie. But only if you're partial to being flayed alive and having an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails. If not... Then call me Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness. Charmed.
Now that's the real question, isn't it? Because honestly, how much time off could a demented Daedra really need?
Well, I suppose it's back to the Shivering Isles. The trouble Haskill can get into while I'm gone simply boggles the mind...
And as for you, my little mortal minion... Feel free to keep the Wabbajack. As a symbol of my... Oh, just take the damn thing.
You take care of yourself, now. And if you ever find yourself in New Sheoth, do look me up. We can share a strawberry torte. Ta ta!
"Ooh, ooh, what kind of message? A song? A summons? Wait, I know! A death threat written on the back of an Argonian concubine? Those are my favorite.
You know, you remind me of myself at a young age. All I cared about was riding narwhales (sic) and sleeping in honeycombs and drinking babies' tears...
Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind!
Mortal, insufferable.
Time to go I guess, let me check everything. Clothes? Check. Beard? Check! Luggage? Now where did I leave my luggage?

I have decided to dress up as him at some point.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/084/e/1/skyrim_screenshots__sheogorath_by_vincent_is_mine-d4txcsx.jpg

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130221234503/elderscrolls/images/e/e3/Sheogorath.png

Deadlift
12-11-2013, 06:02 AM
I love Skyrim, it's an epic game. But Fallout NV has the edge. I just prefer the setting and I think the choices you make in game have much more impact on how the game pans out. Skyrim I've completed 2-3 times and despite ability changes it's essentially the same outcome, New Vegas with your in game choices offers far more replay ability for me personally.

eldargal
12-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Yeah, the Civil War thing is really disappointing in Skyrim, very linear and then nothing at all changes. You capture the capital and it's like 'yay, go do something else and maybe NPCs will sometimes reference what you've done or something, maybe'. I still love the game mind you, but it's strength lines in it's sandbox nature and its modability. Skyrim would be nothing without it's mods.

Wolfshade
12-11-2013, 07:01 AM
I wouldn't go that far, but certainly it does not seem to be as expansive. I walk round imperial cities dressed as a storm cloak having taken whiterun and i am greeted friendly and even can be made thain. New Vegas, I dress as a member of the legion and I'm shot on sight. That is simplistically, then there is the different way that people interact with you based on where your priorities/loyalties lie.

The other thing is completion of tasks, most of them are do, a couple you have the option of double crossing, but take for instance Tranquility Lane multiple ways to complete it

Psychosplodge
12-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Downside to fallout three was if you went randomly exploring off the main quest you could trigger late game events and miss massive parts of the plot. First play through I never went near the radio station. Think it was tranquillity lane I triggered.

eldargal
12-11-2013, 07:17 AM
That's called replayability!:p First time I finished New Vegas I must have skipped 40% of the map and I thought I'd done really well.

I'd have liked the Skyrim Civil War if you at least had your pick crowned High Queen/King in some kind of ceremony but you don't even get that, it just ends.

Psychosplodge
12-11-2013, 09:00 AM
See I found just about everywhere eventually, but had already done late stuff...

Anyway

http://i43.tinypic.com/mv3qrr.jpg

more (http://tallymarx.tumblr.com/post/69691303237/sofluffia-did-they-just-disappear-a-troll-out)

Deadlift
12-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Lol that's awesome.

Kirsten
12-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah, the Civil War thing is really disappointing in Skyrim, very linear and then nothing at all changes.

I was disappointed with the civil war arc as well to be honest, felt very anti climactic, then a bit pointless. it is made out as a big plot point, then just kinda stops and nothing really changes.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2013, 05:21 PM
To be fair, I played Skyrim to kill Dragons, not end a war. So, for me, Skyrim served that purpose well.

When there is some ancient draconic being aiming to enslave the entirety of Nirn, I think the only person capable of stopping it has more on their plate than two piddly wimpy generals bickering over territory.

Join the Dark Brotherhood and kill them both, I say.

Oh, also, I prefer the storyline and dialogue of TES:IV, but the graphics, character interaction, gameplay, and levelling of TES:V are all superior.
(I have spent hours laughing about High Elves in TES:IV, they sound so f'ing creepy) :p

Learn2Eel
12-11-2013, 06:14 PM
It's too hard for me to go back to Oblivion after Skyrim, as much as Oblivion was my favourite game for at least three years (until I got Mass Effect on PC basically). The gameplay, visual and audio (more than six voice actors) enhancements are just too significant, personally. However, I think Oblivion had a much more interesting main plot, what with the Mythic Dawn cult and the personal sacrifice of Martin. Skyrim's story had less depth, and seemed more catered to just being cool; it served more as a back-drop for dragons to appear and be awesome, really, which is fair enough. When it comes to side quests and DLC though, Skyrim all the way IMO.

I'll just throw it out there though. Morrowind puts both to shame for plot and dialogue, and I only played through that once as opposed to the 4+ for Skyrim and 8+ for Oblivion. That's probably because the main villain actually had more depth than "I am a demon, I want to kill everyone" or "I am the first dragon, I want to eat everyone".

Kirsten
12-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Skyrim's story had less depth, and seemed more catered to just being cool; it served more as a back-drop for dragons to appear and be awesome, really, which is fair enough.

pretty much this. what the next elder scrolls definitely needs as well is better dungeon variety, you start to feel as though you are endlessly exploring the same dungeon over and over again...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Might not have your request, MMOs have a tendancy to copy and paste backdrops. :p

I don't know why you all keep referring to "the next Elder Scrolls", as if Online doesn't exist. It has a story to tell, whether or not you're part of it.

Kirsten
12-11-2013, 06:53 PM
that doesn't make any sense, nobody has suggested Online doesn't exist.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-11-2013, 06:57 PM
'splodge and Wolfie are ignoring it. xD

Psychosplodge
12-12-2013, 02:50 AM

Because I don't pay for a game more than once...
Plus If I wanted multiplayer I'd be happy with a co-op mode, I don't need a world full of angry randoms.

Wolfshade
12-12-2013, 03:00 AM

I acknowledge it's existance, but I shall not play it. I dont have time for MMOs, that is the reality of the situation.

I think Learn2eel does make a good point regarding old(er) games, visually they don't stack up so when you are playing them, especially from a 3rd person/1st person perspective it can be quite jarring

Deadlift
12-12-2013, 03:13 AM
pretty much this. what the next elder scrolls definitely needs as well is better dungeon variety, you start to feel as though you are endlessly exploring the same dungeon over and over again...

Agree totally with this, in comparison the vaults in NV were all very very different, from mad biker gang bases, to plant life gone wild and the ghouls trying to fly away on the rocket, all the tasks were more unique. I love skyrim and I will likely get the MMO but if ever they did a fallout MMO. I can't think of any other game I would rather play.

Kirsten
12-12-2013, 05:16 AM
yeah, same environments and same enemies everywhere you go underground in skyrim does get pretty boring

Wolfshade
12-12-2013, 05:22 AM
I think that that could be a complaint of almost open world game.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-12-2013, 06:04 AM
Sci fi's seem to be really hard to get right as an MMO. They all seem to flunk, bar maybe Planetside 2.

I'm a Bethesda fanboy, and I view both The Elder Scrolls and Fallout as two sides of the same coin, I like them both equally; afterall, they are the product of that one company. (now I know Vegas was technically made outside of Bethesda, but it's still theirs)

One thing that annoyed me about New Vegas? Fracking "Dead Money", that bomb collar you get on you is so bloody annoying. I think my favourite extra from the Fallout universe is "Broken Steel" from F3, it added more Liberty Prime to the game, and I love Liberty Prime.

All Chinese communists must be destroyed.
Communism is a lie; democracy is truth.

Wolfshade
12-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Does EVE count?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-12-2013, 06:31 AM
I dunno, does it?

Psychosplodge
12-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Sci fi's seem to be really hard to get right as an MMO. They all seem to flunk, bar maybe Planetside 2.

Well its not an RPG, lot easier to get a shooter right...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Have you played Defiance? -_-

Psychosplodge
12-12-2013, 06:43 AM
No.
But I said easier, not easy...

I think Wolfie is probably right, though I imagine EVE is the most successful online scifi mmo

Wolfshade
12-12-2013, 06:48 AM
TdA etch 4th April, 2014 in your mind.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-12-2013, 06:48 AM
I guess, but I watched my mate playing EVE once, and it seemed incredibly dull.

Defiance was a dull, dull game. Good concept, poorly executed.

I can't wait for Eternal War though, must be said. By the sounds of it, it is Planetside with a 40k skin. :p

@Wolfie, already done man.
I have to have a hench PC (or a console) by April. >.<

Psychosplodge
12-12-2013, 06:50 AM
It looks more like a spacemarine clone tbh...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Really? As far as I've heard it's like Dawn of War, but you control one of the screen minions.

As in, 4 armies fighting over one planet (or planetary system)

Psychosplodge
12-12-2013, 07:06 AM
I meant the gameplay, the overall is probably like planetside if its four armies battling.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Oh, I haven't seen anything about the Gameplay.

I can't imagine the Eldar playing like Captain Titus though. :p

Psychosplodge
12-12-2013, 07:08 AM
probably just a bit faster...

Deadlift
12-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Does EVE count?

EVE is awesome, forget the graphics which are a bit dull. The game itself is very very good. I played for about 2 years and ended up being recruited into a pirate corp. Was very very intense roaming around 0 security sectors looking for prey whilst not knowing if you yourself are being hunted to. The pvp aspect of the game is brutal. I used to set myself up in a "bait" ship which looked for all intense and purposes a mining vessel. However it was so heavily armed and shielded that when I was attacked I could just sit there, take the beating and then lock on my tractor beams on the aggressor. Then I would call in the cavalry and they would take care of the rest.

Star Wars Galaxies was also a very good indepth MMO before they messed with it and dumbed it down. One of the few MMO that if you didn't want to do combat you didn't have to. Be a doctor, tailor or entertainer and you could still earn loads of credits buffing others. Craft spaceship parts and sell on market. Hell you could even have your own "shops" dotted all over the galaxie with your droids running them for you. Build your own house and decorate it however you want. Guilds had whole villages which you could discover completely by accident. The Wookie clan I was in had its own village, town hall and shops.
You could literally spend hours just exploring either space in your starship or roam planets in your skimmer or jet bike.
Out of all the MMOs I have played it was easily the most varied and most likely the best.

If SWG was still available to play in its original form it would have Made my top 5. It kind of went tits up when WoW hit the scene.

Psychosplodge
12-12-2013, 08:16 AM
EVE is awesome, forget the graphics which are a bit dull. The game itself is very very good. I played for about 2 years and ended up being recruited into a pirate corp. Was very very intense roaming around 0 security sectors looking for prey whilst not knowing if you yourself are being hunted to. The pvp aspect of the game is brutal. I used to set myself up in a "bait" ship which looked for all intense and purposes a mining vessel. However it was so heavily armed and shielded that when I was attacked I could just sit there, take the beating and then lock on my tractor beams on the aggressor. Then I would call in the cavalry and they would take care of the rest.

That sounds really awesome.

Dread Corsair
12-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are currently free on GOG.com just thought I'd let you know as fallout seems a popular series with you guys. :)

Wolfshade
12-12-2013, 09:32 AM
oooh, never picked up Tactics...

Psychosplodge
12-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Free on GoG you say? :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Star Wars Galaxies was also a very good indepth MMO before they messed with it and dumbed it down. One of the few MMO that if you didn't want to do combat you didn't have to. Be a doctor, tailor or entertainer and you could still earn loads of credits buffing others. Craft spaceship parts and sell on market. Hell you could even have your own "shops" dotted all over the galaxie with your droids running them for you. Build your own house and decorate it however you want. Guilds had whole villages which you could discover completely by accident. The Wookie clan I was in had its own village, town hall and shops.
You could literally spend hours just exploring either space in your starship or roam planets in your skimmer or jet bike.
Out of all the MMOs I have played it was easily the most varied and most likely the best.

If SWG was still available to play in its original form it would have Made my top 5. It kind of went tits up when WoW hit the scene.

The game where there was a sensible number of Jedi... Barely any...

Psychosplodge
12-18-2013, 02:17 PM
festively relevent ish.

http://youtu.be/q21iitT0VL4

eldargal
12-20-2013, 06:41 AM
<3 Felicia Day.

Do I buy Arkham Origins or CivV: Brave New World on Steam sale? Or both. Hm.

Psychosplodge
12-20-2013, 06:45 AM
I want no talk of any steam sale this year.

Wolfshade
12-20-2013, 07:33 AM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/19/steam-holiday-sale/

Psychosplodge
12-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Go away

:p

Mr Mystery
12-20-2013, 08:16 AM
<3 Felicia Day.

Honestly? I wouldn't bother with Arkham Origins.

Storyline is pretty good, but the game itself is rather 'meh'.

eldargal
12-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I'm also still a bit miffed about the developer saying 'Our team supports equality and diversity but we chose to feature 95% male characters because that's what we think the players want'. So, then you don't ****ing support equality and diversity then.:mad: I mean you can apparntly play as a nameless goon in multiplayer but not Batgirl or any other female character.

Gotthammer
12-20-2013, 08:56 AM
FluffyNinjaLlama has all the cutscenes up on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrYsj_Il7VSvEtfw94R3eZVSqkvanZ-9S). Just sayin' ;)

Mr Mystery
12-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Yep.

Best bit of it is the origins of Harley Quinn, and her interplay with Joker. Really, really good bit of voice acting, and indeed script writing.

eldargal
12-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Tara Strong ftw.:) Is there much of Harley? I would buy it for Harley...

Mr Mystery
12-20-2013, 09:12 AM
don't mean owt to me, but guessing voice actress/actor for Harleen Quinzell?

Also gives an in game hint as to why Quinzell was a little bit bonkers before she met Her Puddin'

Psychosplodge
12-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Tara Strong ftw.:)

Ah Tara strong...

http://youtu.be/wblE8YYLyQ0

eldargal
12-20-2013, 09:22 AM
don't mean owt to me, but guessing voice actress/actor for Harleen Quinzell?

Also gives an in game hint as to why Quinzell was a little bit bonkers before she met Her Puddin'

Yup.

Hm tempted to buy it...

Psychosplodge
12-20-2013, 09:29 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/b4f9275df40d3b7ad3acb44059223093/tumblr_mxl036igOe1t6hcq6o1_500.png

Mr Mystery
12-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Yup.

Hm tempted to buy it...

Not so much Harley, but Harleen does feature.

Whether heavily or not, hard to say.

Game itself remains very 'meh', but I wouldn't say it's necessarily one to actively avoid.

On reflection, I bought it for £35 on release day, caned it in a weekend (gave up on Edward Nigma's sodding data packets, as just couldn't be bothered) and trader it in for £30 cash. Defo worth the £5 I ultimately 'rented' it for.

Wildeybeast
12-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Space hulk is currently on sale on steam, down a massive 66%

Kirsten
12-20-2013, 03:44 PM
I am enjoying Origins, pretty much more of the same from City.

Deadlift
12-20-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm back on WoW. Took a months sub out. My Panderian Monk is now lvl 42 and he's called Fubear.

eldargal
12-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Hehe, Fubear.:)

Bought Origins, haven't played it yet. also bought Brave New World.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-21-2013, 04:20 AM
<3 Felicia Day.

Brave New World is ace, just sayin'.

Psychosplodge
12-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Aren't computer games useful tools of learning?

http://i43.tinypic.com/9h5com.jpg

Wolfshade
12-23-2013, 09:11 AM
I also wouldn't know about the arrow to the knee being a norse phrase for being hitched

Kirsten
12-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Aren't computer games useful tools of learning?

http://i43.tinypic.com/9h5com.jpg

that is awesome

I also wouldn't know about the arrow to the knee being a norse phrase for being hitched

that true?

Psychosplodge
12-23-2013, 03:45 PM
that is awesome

that true?

I know, and apparently according to the internet.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
12-23-2013, 08:36 PM
I can confirm, I've been studying Norse history recently, and the phrase seems to be a marital thing. There are only a few sources however.

Aenir
12-25-2013, 07:47 PM
On Steam, Left for Dead 2 Is available for Free!!

Psychosplodge
12-27-2013, 12:48 PM
I already got one, they were giving away an xmas stocking full of digital goodies on TF2 as well...

Wolfshade
12-30-2013, 02:58 AM
Well I didn't think I would d/l it in time but boom I did :)

Psychosplodge
01-06-2014, 02:45 AM
So GTA V online.
Interesting experience. Found players seem to be a 50/50 split between arseholes who want to kill everyone that moves and farm you as they've got weapon superiority, and those that'll leave you alone if you ignore them too.
Always fun finding which is which :mad:

Also the creator is quite fun.
Anyone on the PS3 version who wants to try my race its called "Lakeside dash" and I recommend using the dirtbike :D

Psychosplodge
01-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Apparently TF2 got some new lines...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M8REVZE-REw

*ps come play my GTA V track "Lakeside dash" :D

Psychosplodge
01-07-2014, 04:03 AM
Don't know who this (http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/72488748014/thefallenn-greatest-ever-retort-to-the-usual) bloke is but he amuses me.

*ps don't forget to come try my GTA V race "lakeside dash"*

eldargal
01-08-2014, 01:11 AM
After the enormous cluster**** that was Aliens: Colonial Marines, it seems like we might be getting the Alien(s) game we deserve (http://www.themarysue.com/ripley-daughter-alien-isolation/):
http://static03.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/2014/01/RipleyDaughter.jpg

When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter Amanda she would return home for her 11th birthday. Amanda never saw her again.

Fifteen years later, Amanda, now a Weyland-Yutani employee, hears that the flight recorder of her mother’s ship, the Nostromo, has been recovered at the remote trading station Sevastopol. The temptation for her to finally understand what happened is too much to resist. When the crew arrive at Sevastopol, they find something is desperately wrong. It all seems to be connected to an unknown menace, stalking and killing deep in the shadows.

In order to uncover the truth about her mother, Amanda is forced to confront the same terrifying thing that separated them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meNE4CPtnCo

An Alien film with a bad *** female protagonist instead of generic stubbly white man, yay!

Learn2Eel
01-08-2014, 04:22 AM
I watched the IGN demo video and was legitimately scared. This is what Alien games should have always been.

Mr Mystery
01-08-2014, 04:31 AM
And more importantly..... Sony to offer back catalogue via Streaming.....

This is very interesting to me!

Psychosplodge
01-08-2014, 04:37 AM
As opposed to a half arsed L4D clone?

Streaming won't work well enough with our internet speeds.

Now South Korea it might be ok...

Wolfshade
01-08-2014, 04:41 AM
I've used streaming services before and it hasn't been too problematic.

Psychosplodge
01-08-2014, 04:46 AM
To watch TV sure, play games? I'm not convinced.

Wolfshade
01-08-2014, 05:00 AM
I was playing one of the assassins creed games. It was fine and smooth I think at the time is was over an alleged 20Mb connection, but I doubt it was that high.

Psychosplodge
01-08-2014, 05:08 AM
We get 38mb on a supposed 40mb and I'm still not convinced.

Mr Mystery
01-08-2014, 05:09 AM
No idea meself. But good concept is good!

Tablet, PC, Phone, Tellybox.

I'm very much interested overall!

Psychosplodge
01-08-2014, 05:11 AM
Mystery, you have GTA V on the PS3? Have you tried my race yet? :D

Mr Mystery
01-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Don't have it anymore! Needed cashmonies so traded it in.

Kept the save file though, so shall return at some point!

Psychosplodge
01-08-2014, 05:44 AM
:eek:

I'm too much of a hoarder to willingly part with games.