PDA

View Full Version : 40k MMO new concept art released

Malys
12-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Figured my first post in this forum could be useful and all, so...

Gaming blog Kotaku has recieved some concept art from the game. Here's a link:

An Early Look At The Warhammer 40K MMO (http://kotaku.com/5415951/an-early-look-at-the-warhammer-40k-mmo/gallery/)

In my opinion the colouring is just somehow a bit odd and the Ultramarine looks a bit goofy, but all in all not bad.
The marine's expression reminds me of a bulldog. :D

Sangre
12-01-2009, 08:08 AM
That boltgun is majorly pretty.

Brosef Stalin
12-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Looks great! I will happily be buying this game if it decides to ever actually come out!

gcsmith
12-02-2009, 07:32 AM
TITANNSSSS!!!! still i hope u can drive vehicles and be tau :p

Grotzooka
12-02-2009, 10:34 AM
It all looks awesome. Want more info please.

Kieranator K82
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
This looks to be interesting...
I AM A SPACE MARINE!
LOOK AT ME!
NOW I AM DRIVING A TITAN!
BANG BANG BANG BANG!

BDub
12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Figured my first post in this forum could be useful and all, so...

Gaming blog Kotaku has recieved some concept art from the game. Here's a link:

An Early Look At The Warhammer 40K MMO (http://kotaku.com/5415951/an-early-look-at-the-warhammer-40k-mmo/gallery/)

In my opinion the colouring is just somehow a bit odd and the Ultramarine looks a bit goofy, but all in all not bad.
The marine's expression reminds me of a bulldog. :D

I just want to clarify a few things since this is all out there.

None of these images are concept art. None of these images were released by THQ or GW. They are not screenshots or any kind of in game-engine imagery. They are model renders from an artist's portfolio. These images were stolen/leaked and irresponsibly published on a public forum (Kotaku) without any knowledge or consent from THQ/Vigil or Games Workshop. They in no way reflect the MMO stylistically or content wise. Some of the images are personal work of the artist and were not done in connection with THQ or any of their Warhammer 40K licensed properties and should only be considered in the context of an artists personal work and subsequently should not have been published and misrepresented as anything else.

But I'm sure Luke Plunkett and Kotaku couldn't care less about context or the implications for the artist resulting from the publishing of this material.

MightyOrang
12-02-2009, 05:01 PM
What Ultramarine has such grubby armor? Clearly he needs to go do some remedial Smurf Marine 101 with the Chaplain.

sicarius2424
01-23-2010, 10:20 PM
i really like the one of the warhound!!! gives you a good look at it from both sides some thing you don't see alot

Porty1119
07-05-2010, 02:40 PM
*hopes that the Ork bomma is flyable because he might be able to get a Marauder*

Um....Chimera in same colors as SM?!??! Seriously.

Cheeseburger!
02-08-2011, 01:42 PM
This looks like art from Space Marine, not the mmo.