PDA

View Full Version : New to Eldar: 1000 Mech/mobile

Aristocrap
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm new to Eldar, and I thought I'd write up a small list to try and get into the hang of the army. This list is supposed to be highly mobile with units that work on concert with one another. (Dire Avengers soften up targets for Shining Spears, ect.)

HQ:
(133) Farseer: jetbike, Fortune, Runes of Warding, singing spear

Troops:
(212) 7 Guardian Jetbikes: 2 shuriken cannons, Warlock w/ jetbike, Enhance

(177) 10 Dire Avengers - 10: Exarch w/ power weapon, shimmer shield, Bladestorm
(150) Wave Serpent: TL EMLs, vectored engines, spirit Stones

Fast Attack:
(202) 4 Shining Spears: Exarch, starlance, Skilled Rider, Withdraw

Heavy Support:
(125) Fire Prism: spirit stones

Total: 999

Tyrsday
12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm new to Eldar, and I thought I'd write up a small list to try and get into the hang of the army. This list is supposed to be highly mobile with units that work on concert with one another. (Dire Avengers soften up targets for Shining Spears, ect.)

HQ:
(133) Farseer: jetbike, Fortune, Runes of Warding, singing spear

Troops:
(212) 7 Guardian Jetbikes: 2 shuriken cannons, Warlock w/ jetbike, Enhance

(177) 10 Dire Avengers - 10: Exarch w/ power weapon, shimmer shield, Bladestorm
(150) Wave Serpent: TL EMLs, vectored engines, spirit Stones

Fast Attack:
(202) 4 Shining Spears: Exarch, starlance, Skilled Rider, Withdraw

Heavy Support:
(125) Fire Prism: spirit stones

Total: 999

If it were I playing this list I would drop the Shining Spears and pick up a Jetbike Seer Council instead, more ummph with the destructor and embolden. Also give the Dire Avenger Exarch dbl shuri-cats if you're taking Bladestorm. As far as vehicles go I don't know much about Eldar upgrades so I can't help you there.

I know it's expensive but I would see about taking all Guardian Jetbikes for troops. I've played with and against Fritz and those are really really sick nastiness when done right. My experiences against Dire Avengers have taught me that if you survive a Bladestorm then you're going to take out that DA unit, so it'd be better to have something that doesn't rely so much on luck.

That's just how I'd do it is all.

Aristocrap
12-01-2009, 03:59 PM
If it were I playing this list I would drop the Shining Spears and pick up a Jetbike Seer Council instead, more ummph with the destructor and embolden. Also give the Dire Avenger Exarch dbl shuri-cats if you're taking Bladestorm. As far as vehicles go I don't know much about Eldar upgrades so I can't help you there.

I know it's expensive but I would see about taking all Guardian Jetbikes for troops. I've played with and against Fritz and those are really really sick nastiness when done right. My experiences against Dire Avengers have taught me that if you survive a Bladestorm then you're going to take out that DA unit, so it'd be better to have something that doesn't rely so much on luck.

That's just how I'd do it is all.

Whoops, the DA's equipment should have been double shuri-cats all along. Guess I forgot to change it after copy/pasting it from an old list on my comp. I might as well give the Wave Serpent TW-BLs for some anti-tank capability.

I was also considering dropping the Shining Spears. Maybe I could take Howling Banshees in their place?
With that in mind, I could remove the Farseer from his jetbike and put him in the DA squad, giving him Doom to enhance their shooting.

What would you advise for Heavy Support at this level? I was thinking about War Walkers with EMLs.

Chumbalaya
12-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Drop Spears, drop the DAs upgrades to keep them cheap, add Fire Dragons in a Falcon.

You could stick 2 units of 5 DAs in 2 Falcons and put Dragons in a Serpent.

Bard of Twilight
12-02-2009, 04:51 AM
I'ld drop DA & have more GJ and I'ld have some FD on a Wave Serpent (Falcon is rather expensive and it has not the Energy Shield) Shining S are alright, since their role would propably be to clean any objective for the JG

Aristocrap
12-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Is this any better? I instead of Jetbike Guardians, I have a squad of Guardian Defenders. This list is less mechanized, working more as the hammer/anvil style. I think I should change the Exarch layout in the Striking Scorpions, and give him a claw for versatility.

HQ:
(120) Farseer: Doom, Guide, Spirit Stones (rides w/ DA)

Elites:
(96) 6 Fire Dragons (Rides in Falcon)

(113) 6 Striking Scorpions: Exarch: Biting Blade

Troops:
(152) 10 Dire Avengers: Exarch w/ 2 Shuriken Capatults, Bladestorm
(130) Wave Serpent: TL EMLs, Spirit Stones

(138) 10 Guardian Defenders: Scatter Laser Platform, Warlock w/ Conceal, Singing Spear

Heavy Support:
(180) Falcon Grav-Tank: EML, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones

Total: 929 Points

OnFyre
12-03-2009, 03:04 AM
That's a good list, lots of different counters. If you go up to 1500 pts, I'd recommend some more troops choices, try putting the jetbikes back in and get some swooping hawks to give them cover fire.

Aristocrap
12-03-2009, 08:17 AM
I've got another variant of the list, relying on jetbikes and Storm Guardians instead of Defenders and Dire Avengers. Does this look better than the previous one?

HQ:
Farseer - 95
Doom, Runes of Warding

Elites:
8 Striking Scorpions - 175
Exarch, Scorpions Claw, Shadowstrike

6 Fire Dragons - 96
Wave Serpent - 110
TL Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

Troops:
6 Eldar Jetbikes - 205
Warlock on Jetbike, Singing Spear, Embolden, 2x Shuriken Cannons