PDA

View Full Version : GW International Prices (Outside UK & US)

Katharon
12-04-2013, 04:41 AM
So, here's something I want to ask. Can you give me an answer? I'm not here to gripe or anything, I can do that anytime, but I'm just seeking an honest and clear understanding of the "why." (http://imageshack.com/a/img209/3595/0i1o.jpg)

Wolfshade
12-04-2013, 05:10 AM
GW use fixed conversions of currency so that their prices do not have continual flux, at the time it was set it could have been a greater parity. Moreover, it could be more reflecting the buying power in the different markets. So consider the amount of hours at average salary/minimum salary to get the items in the different regions.

SaveModifier
12-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Because the cost of living and everything else in Japan is much higher, as is the national average wage, you're paying the same percentage of your disposable income, on average, as you would in the US or UK.

SaveModifier
12-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Also, the US figure won't have sales tax included, which could be more that $36.
And its pricey to ship things to Japan.

Wolfshade
12-04-2013, 05:26 AM
I did an analysis ages ago http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?29346-Price-Comparisons that is looking at the price of a tactical unit vs salary. It is almost 12 months old now and was using older earnings data even then.

Wolfshade
12-04-2013, 05:27 AM
It is pricey to ship things to america too.

Certainly there is a saving as the North American market is larger than the Japanese/Oriental.

SaveModifier
12-04-2013, 05:35 AM
It is pricey to ship things to america too.

Certainly there is a saving as the North American market is larger than the Japanese/Oriental.

Yeah, the volume makes up for that though.

At the end of the day, its a hobby, hobbies are expensive

Wolfshade
12-04-2013, 05:42 AM
Yeah, the volume makes up for that though.

At the end of the day, its a hobby, hobbies are expensive

Too expen sive I must have complete chapters of the loyalist legions!

Mr Mystery
12-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Import/Export duties as well.

Differences in staff wages.

Different store rent costs.

Lots of reasons really.

And speaking as a Brit, it nice that for once it's not us getting the ****ty end of the price stick.