PDA

View Full Version : Speed Kills?

BlackVise
12-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi! I have made this list in hopes of bettering it. I made this with models I currently have. I'm shooting for 1850 points. Any comments on what I could add, delete would be appreciated.

HQ: Space Marine Captain, relic blade, bike, Storm shield, artificer armour with
Command squad on bikes, 4 storm shields, 3 lightning claws, 3 melta guns, 1 thunderhammer, 4 melta bombs

Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad, 8 bikes +1 attack bike with MM, 2x melta guns and powerfist sgt

Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad, 8 bikes +1 attack bike with MM, 2x melta guns and powerfist sgt

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad with MM

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron, Heavy Bolter (x2), Typhoon Missile Launcher (x2)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron, Multi-Melta (x2), Heavy Flamer (x2)

As it stands it's 1705 points. I think I am light on the troops but can combat squad if needed. Not too sure about the attack bikes. i think they could work in conjunction with the speeders maybe?

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

Soam
12-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow, that is a monster command squad. I'm thinking that takes up a lot of your points. I would lighten the load on some of that equipment and take more troop bikes. The squads you have are a good setup. Maybe drop the Attack Bike squad and add a Land Speeder Storm with some scouts as a quick response objective taking unit. Just some thoughts.

Nikephoros
12-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd keep one command squad guy naked to allocate random wounds to so you arent losing a 100 point model to some bad luck.

OnFyre
12-03-2009, 03:11 AM
That's a huge amount of melta. Hope you brought marshmellows!
But seriously, this list might not be so good against loads of infantry. Sure, you could assault, but that could tie your guys up for a while.

slobulous
12-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Also very vulnerable to battle cannons, demolisher cannons etc. A 3+ inv save is all that saves your super expensive command squad guys from instant death.