PDA

View Full Version : Airbrush recommendation

Crazy Jedi
12-08-2013, 11:55 AM
So after four days of my airbrush floating in the void of "in transit", Ontrac finally delivers it, and lo and behold I find out that I bought the wrong kind of airbrush :D .

So I'm returning it and now, and I figure to avoid any more miss haps I should just throw a question out here. What kind of airbrush should I get?

This is mostly between Iwata and Badger, as I have one store that caters to each in particular, (though I can order one from amazon or the web no problem). My budget is around $200, and I've mostly been looking at Badgers, now the Patriot 105, Iwata's are still a viable choice though.

bailey03
12-09-2013, 03:05 PM
If you're ordering online you might want to take a look at Chicago Airbrush Supply
http://www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com/kits.html
I recently bought a compressor from them, they've got quite a bit of stuff.

So are you looking for just an airbrush or a compressor as well? The above link will take you right to the starter kit (airbrush and compressor combo) section.

Aside from Iwata and Badger, two popular choices, you might also want to take a look at Grex. I won a couple of these at a local gaming competition and they are very nice. The Genesis line is a good choice but I'd get the top gravity fed as opposed to the side gravity or bottom siphon. Their newer model is the tritium, but its a pistol grip configuration instead of your standard airbrush. You might like it a lot better or you might hate it. Just something to consider.

If you want to stay local, I'm sure people who use Iwata or Badger airbrushes will have some suggestions too.

Blackcloud6
12-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I've been using the same Paasche H-1 since 1975. It works well and is still going strong. I also have a high end Iwata. Guess which one I use the most?