PDA

View Full Version : Help! Custom model points costs

SoulFire
08-02-2009, 05:51 AM
First of all, this is my first post so please bear with me.
I have a converted Predator Exterminator and a Predator with a Twin-linked H.Bolter turret. Does anyone have any suggestions for a points cost for both? I've never tried applying points to a custom model before and would appreciate a bit of help on the matter.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-02-2009, 08:04 AM
I'd suggest using the Razorback's point cost to find a cost for the twin-linked heavy bolter predator, maybe 45 or 50 points? Basically, it's a Razorback with +2 front armor and no transport capacity, so it should be that much more expensive. By Exterminator, you mean a twin-linked autocannon, right? Since the standard Predator already has one autocannon, you'd probably only want +10 or +15 points for the twin-linking.

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 08:12 AM
IMO, tl-HB one should be 60 points.

t-l AC is definielty worth at least 90.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-02-2009, 08:44 AM
I don't know, a Predator with autocannon is already 60. Yeah, 90 would probably be a better range for the t-l cannon.

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Yes, but it's AV13, so immune to everything worse than an Autocannon.

It also gets an average of 2.75 (or so) hits a turn, with nice a-i stopping power. Also, I'm comparing it to a Chimera, but then making it cheaper, because who in their right mind would use such a Predator?

Pariah Stevo
08-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I would say the Exteminase should be 80. 90 is a bit steep. im mean you just twin-linking two shots and only improving ther chances by 2/9. the twin-link botler one should probably only be 70.