PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves Army

n1ghtw1sh
12-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I currently own a Space Wolf army of just over 1000pts consisting of: Logan Grimnar, 5 wolf guard terminators (2 chainfists, 3 power fists and assault cannon), wolf guard in power armour (10, 2 wolf claws, 2 storm bolters, 2 thunder hammers, 2 power fists, and 2 plasma pistols), venerble dreadnought (assault cannon heavy flamer) and 5 wolf scouts (snipers and melta gun)
Any advice on what to add next? Thinking on long fangs for ranged AT

Denzark
12-04-2009, 12:55 PM
More manpower and at 1000 wouldn't take the king of expensive HQs. A guard army would mallet this by turn 2.

Unholy_Martyr
12-04-2009, 01:04 PM
It all really depends on how you want to drive your army. Since you're rolling with Logan, the biggest thing to focus on is cost of units. Since he allows Wolf Guard to be taken as troops you can just fill out the rest of the troop slots just as you would Grey Hunters with a higher price tage but some amazing flexibility. Another route is going all Terminators, pointwise OBSCENELY expensive; financially, not that huge of an investment as compared to other routes (i.e. Grey Hunters need Rhinos, need other vehicles, blah blah blah).

As I said before, it really depends on where you want the army to go, how much disposable income you have and finally, if you want to be competitive or not.

n1ghtw1sh
12-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Denzark, played guard army and i got to turn 6 and won, i agree with the more men theory though, plus the army lacks long range firepower

Erik Morkai
12-30-2009, 04:55 PM
I would go for more men to fill out the ranks, Grey Hunters with Rhinos probably being the best choice. Alternatively you could continue to go for an elite list with more Terminators. Personally I'd also grab some Bolt Pistol/CCW Wolf Scouts with a flamer, just for the fun of creating some havoc. You should ask yourself just how competitive you want to be.