PDA

View Full Version : Ultramarines 1500/1750

Nightwing
08-02-2009, 06:15 AM
As everyone is posting their lists, I'll add mine too for the judging eyes of the Inquisition ;)

Note: Named Characters are still not accepted in my gaming group (except narrativ games), so please no suggestions with named characters.

*************** 1 HQ ***************

Space Marine Chaplain
- Jump pack
- - - > 115 Punkte

*************** 2 Standard ***************

10 Space Marines
- meltagun
- lascannon
- Upgrade to Sergeant
- 1 x power fist
- - - > 210 Punkte

10 Space Marines
- meltagun
- lascannon
- Upgrade to Sergeant
- 1 x power fist
- - - > 210 Punkte

*************** 3 Assault ***************

10 Assault Marines
- 2 x flamer
- Upgrade to Sergeant
- 1 x power fist
- - - > 235 Punkte

10 Assault Marines
- 2 x flamer
- Upgrade to Sergeant
- 1 x power fist
- - - > 235 Punkte

3 Attack Bikes
- 3 x multi-melta
- - - > 150 Punkte

*************** 3 Heavy ***************

Vindicator
- - - > 115 Punkte

Vindicator
- - - > 115 Punkte

Vindicator
- - - > 115 Punkte

---->> 1.500 pts.

Pro: Nearly every unit in the army is a major thread to the enemy. The 2 Tac Squads are passivly protected by the rest of the army due to being the "lowest threat" in army. Vindicators will advance together to cover each other. Only one vindicator will pop smoke per turn. The Vindicators are used as general cover for the Assault Squads and/or the Attack Bikes.

Contra: No transport vehicle =/ I would really love to add a Razorback, but just don't know what to drop. Powerfists are a must in my opinion. That makes every IC and MC think twice before attacking them.

The upgrade to 1.750 pts includes a Terminator squad with Cyclone Missile Launcher (so I used every slot (Assault, elite, heavy etc.) in the FoC. Down here it gives the opponent free victory points, for every kind of slot not used).

Suggestions?

Greetings

Nightwing

Emperorsmercy
08-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Ok, are you planning for the Chaplian to join the assault Squads? If not, i would seriously recommend it. Giving them Fearless alows them to deal with any foe, particually those damned Bezerkers, and being able to reroll all rolls to hit will give them the edge in most cases.

Also, you have only 2 troop choices. With the predominance of them, and as you only have 2 scoring units, will not really help when it comes to seizing objectives. The attack bikes with Meltas are useful but, with 3 vindicators, are rendered slightly obselete. If you fancied a Razorback, you could probably drop them. or, split your 2 ten man tactical squads into 4 5 man squads and mount all in Rhino's or Razorbacks. I particually like using a Razorback for my 5 man squad which defends my home objective so it can deal with any threats bolters cant mow down, like Land raiders with a Lascannon armed one.

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 08:27 AM
As everyone is posting their lists, I'll add mine too for the judging eyes of the Inquisition ;)

Note: Named Characters are still not accepted in my gaming group (except narrativ games), so please no suggestions with named characters.

Then beat their faces in with your BRB. How lame.

On a serious note (C Sharp) Assault Squads are ***.

The Tacticals are too expensive, a MM and a Flamer is free. Fists won't stop the dedicated assault troops going in. Instead you get bogged down in a fight you cannot win. http://www.****************.com/2009/07/power-fists.html

Speeders are a far greater threat. The ability to Turbo and get a 3++ is irrelevant, when you get a Heavy Flamer, the ability to fire both at 6" or less move, and the opportunity to survive a ML hit. Oh, and to place a piece of Difficult (and possibly Dangerous) Terrain in the opponent's face.

xarius
08-02-2009, 08:59 AM

burn them in the name of the emperor.

seriously the tacticals are too expensive and vague in their role. keep the melta, add a freebie missile if you want and combat squad if you do. drop the powerfist. you need dedicated assault to combat assault and dedicated shooting to combat shooting. marines have something for every role, use it in that role instead of trying to multi-role units. :)

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Reasons not to Combat Squad...http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42857

mkerr
08-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi Nightwing. This army packs a pretty decent punch for 1500pts. That's a great point level to use three Vindicators.

Here are a few commments:

1. Convince your gaming group to try out special characters. They really bring a lot of fun to the game.

2. I'd drop the Lascannons (the free MM is a pretty good deal in a 1500pt game).

3. I don't think you need three MM Attack Bikes in 1500pts (especially with those Meltaguns and Vindicators). I'd use some of these points for transports for your Tactical Squads.

4. I like the smoke trick (I've seen it used very effectively with Hellhounds) and I can definitely see it work with your Vindicators.

I'd love to hear how the list works on the table.

-- MKerr

Nightwing
07-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Hi,

thanks for all your suggestions. I played this list a lot and had many interesting games. The core concept of this list is that everything is scarier than my Troop choices.

I really like my MM Trikes. They might not be the absolute optimum, but I have the models and they are good at hunting MCs and can support the Assault Squads. And besides that, they just scare the crap out of any vehicle (although I miss with the MM most of the time somehow =/).

The point I'm juggling with at the moment is the lack of a Psychic Hood. There are just to many incredible game turning Psy Powers out there. I'm thinking about dropping the Jump Pack Chaplain (who is really good against MEQs) and taking a walking Librarian instead (with Gate of Infinity to compensate my lack of Transports).

The truth is, that all my Rhinos turned over to my Chaos Legions, so that my Ultramarines are standed on the Transport section =p.

What do you guys think about the missing Librarian Problem? Is it worth to let go of the Chaplain and take the Librarian (without Invu save)? Especially Paroxysm (the Tyranid power which makes a squad of yours useless) causes me headaches (Tyranids are still very present in my playgoup).

For the Emperor!