PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Alaitoc

Aristocrap
12-04-2009, 02:39 PM
So I made a mechanized 1000 list, but I've taken a slight interest in Alaitoc and wanted to build a list from it's ranger theme in case I decided to paint up my Eldar as Alaitocs.

HQ:
Farseer - 80
Doom

Elites:
6 Fire Dragons - 96
Wave Serpent - 110
TL Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

Troops:
5 Pathfinders - 120

5 Pathfinders - 120

5 Pathfinders - 120

Fast Attack:
6 Warp Spiders - 164
Exarch, Death Spinner, Withdraw

Heavy Support:
3 War Walkers - 180
6x Scatter Lasers

Total: 990
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huh, no replies. Well, I did fix the list up a bit. Pathfinders are a bit pricey for a 1000 list.

HQ:
Farseer - 95
Runes of Warding, Doom

Elites:
8 Striking Scorpions - 155
Exarch, Scorpion's Claw

6 Fire Dragons - 96
Wave Serpent - 110
TL Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

Troops:
10 Dire Avengers - 162
Exarch, PW/SS, Defend

8 Rangers - 152

Heavy Support:
Fire Prism - 115

Fire Prism - 115

Total: 1000

I think this one adds more versatility and better coorperation between units.

davel
12-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Troop choices are a hard area for eldar.

Looking at your DA they look as if they are meant to hold your objective. this can work how ever canny opponents will avoid them and blast them apart with long range. If your intent on this stratergy then consider a far seer with fortune and using go to ground. they are a tarpit unit so used SS as a counter assult.

I would consider using a wave serpent. Then they could go on the offensive if needed. or if left to guard with correct up grase serpent can simply function as a tank/ taxi for other units.

rangers P/F would be a good choice in any catagory apart from troops. Yes you can set them up on a objective , yes they can contribute fire power and yes they can be nippy if the objective is in cover.
The down side is that when set up on the objective opponents CC / flamer units will head towards them with messy results.
True you can set them up off objective but when it comes to them trying to shift units off objectives forget it.

fundamentaly you need more troops a opponent will quicky size up that once your 2 units are gone in 2/3 games you will only be able to draw

my current thinking is jet bikes the don't have to sit on the objective, can avoid most trouble, toughest most armoured choice we have, don't need expensive transport, and can add some offensive fire power to shift opposition off objectives.

Dave l

Aristocrap
12-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Maybe this is better. I came up with this list with suggestions on other forums.

HQ:
Farseer - 130
Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune

Elites:
Harlequin Troupe - 168
5 Harlequins, 1 Shadowseer, 6 Harlequin's Kisses

Troops:
10 Guardians - 125
Scatter Laser, Warlock w/ Embolden

6 Pathfinders - 114

6 Pathfinders - 114

Heavy Support:
War walker Squadron (2) - 120
4 Scatter Lasers

Fire Prism - 115

Fire Prism - 115

Total: 1001

Like you suggested, the Farseer has Fortune to help units stay alive. Instead of using DAs as a counter-charge unit, I decided on Harlies, both because they're fluffy for Alaitoc, and because they're better at holding ground (Shadowseer's VoT ability). I took Pathfinders since they make better use of cover and are more resilent because of this. The Guardians squad adds to my Troop firebase. The War Walkers outflank, softening up units and hopefully distracting my opponent from my pathfinders. The Prisms shoot at whatever I'm having trouble with and lend even more firepower to my army. The list isn't very aggressive, nor mobile, but I think it can be used somewhat effectivley.

davel
12-06-2009, 02:58 AM
This new list will struggle against tanks. The focussed blast on the prism can be a pain to land them on a tank.

Usual tactic with 6 harlies is to get them in to a falcon though you are trying to keep your list under 1000. the points limit is always a pain with eldar there is never enough. a harly with out a kiss is useful in case you do pick up casualties.

I guess you are putting your farseer with your guardians. Fortune is little benefit to most things in your force shooty tanks, path finders (high cover save) and harlies ( difficult to target). he benefits from enbolden they benefit from ld 10 and powers. I always take runes of warding, bad experience with lash of submishion.

I don't like guardian defenders 1 heavy weapon at rubbish BS ( though you have picked the most sensible weapon) doesn't add much and fly apart in cc.

i have heard players using storm guardian flame units in wave serpents but have yet to try it myself.

Dave l

Ps latest white dwarf says an eldar tactics article will be up on their web site soon.