PDA

View Full Version : Sisters army for a friend.

bryce963
12-04-2009, 02:44 PM
How does this look, yes I know the canoness does not have frag grenades, it came out one point over and I don't know where to cut to get that in, but it is probably needed. The "+X)" is how many faith points the unit contributes.
The retributors immolator runs around with the other transports and helps blow stuff up while they hang out in cover and kill things, the thought of 12 S5 AP1 shots at 36" is pretty cool.

So any ideas or advice?

2000 points, 9 faith points. 64 sisters, 8 vehicles

HQ

310=125 Canoness rosarius, blessed weapon, litanies of faith
+3)-celestian bodyguardx5, , meltax2 , frags , imigifier immolator (blessed promethium)

Elites

+1)189 6 celestians , 2 meltas , frags immolator (multi melta)

Troops

+1)200 10 sisters, frags, flamer, melta, VetSS, rhino

Fast attack

+1)210 8 seraphim, 2 flamers, VSS power weapon

+1)210 8 seraphim, 2 flamers, VSS power weapon

Heavy support

126 6 retributors 4 heavy bolters , immolator (multi melta)

135 Exorcist

135 Exorcist

Chumbalaya
12-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Ditch the Seraphim for more Celestians, give all your Immos flamers, extra armor and smoke, and stick your girls with dual meltas.

Melissia
12-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Celestians aren't that great, seraphim can probably serve this army better-- if you're going ot get rid of Seraphim for something, I'd actually say it'd be better to get more Battle Sisters than more Celestians. But personally, I'd keep the seraphim, but I would follow the rest of the advice. Multimeltas aren't that good, and you're spending too many points on an AV11 vehicle.

You might also want heavy flamer / meltagun combinations on your battle sister squads. And definitely get a VSS and BoSL on every infantry squad (or even two groundpounding squads that keep home objectives and generate cheap faith points!). Drop the frag grenades on the Battle Sisters, too, points are better spent elsewhere.

mkerr
12-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Here are my comments:

1. Drop the Rosarius (encourages you to make mistakes) and Litanies of Faith (over priced) from the Canoness. Add a Cloak of St Aspira, Book of St Lucius, Bolt Pistol and Frag Grenades.

2. Drop the Imagifier (over priced) and the Frag Grendades (the goal is to shoot with this unit) from the Celestians. Drop the Blessed Promethium as well (you aren't going to have a problem generating 25% casualties). Add Extra Armor and Smoke Launchers.

3. Every mounted unit should have 1 Meltagun and 1 Heavy Flamer. Two meltaguns is tempting, but not as good as meltagun/heavy flamer.

4. Drop the Frags from the Celestians. Go with the twin-linked heavy flamer on your Immolators.

5. Sisters of Battle Squad need meltagun and heavy flamer with a Veteran Superior with a Book of St Lucius. Drop the frag grenades. The Rhinos need extra armor and smoke launchers.

6. If you want any Immolators, then you really need to commit to them. Don't take a 3rd SoB squad. Don't take Seraphim.

7. Seraphim are Faith hogs -- they really eat the stuff up. So I never recommend having more than one unit of Seraphim in an army. If you take them, drop the Power Weapon from your VSS and add a Book of St Lucius.

8. Go with Dominions or more Celestians instead of the second unit of Seraphim.

9. Retributors just don't fit into a mechanized army of Sisters (unless you are using MM Retributors, which are still hit and miss). Drop the Retributors and go with three Exorcists.

Best of luck!

mkerr
12-07-2009, 11:57 PM
the thought of 12 S5 AP1 shots at 36" is pretty cool

I forgot to comment on this. Don't use Divine Guidance on Retributors. Only use Divine Guidance on massed bolter or flamer fire. You need LOTS of hits to make DG work (12 bolter shots only gives you 9 hits, which only gives you 1.5 AP1 shots -- that's not worth the faith point).

Melissia
12-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Dunno, I didn't really find too much use for extra armor on my Rhinos, but then perhaps there's just so many assault based armies around here that I really only need my rhinos for protection from the first round of ordinance or when I face off against Guard armies-- I suppose it depends on the size of your tables and the makeup of your average opponent's army.

Chumbalaya
12-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Normally it isn't considering it costs 15 points for more armies, but Sisters get it cheap so they can afford the extra protection.

Melissia
12-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I tend to run very cheap units, 205 points per squad for a standard troops choice. Helps me field lots of them, which is often more useful in my experience. YMMV.

Chumbalaya
12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I agree, it's just a lot easier to have 5 points free than 15.

Melissia
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Course, that also depends on if you're using the Forge World Rhino rules.