PDA

View Full Version : Space hulk

crazyzombie
12-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey just checked out GW website. Currantly they have found some space hulk boxes in the back of their werhouse and are selling them for regular price. You might want to check this out if you don't own a copy and want one

Brass Scorpion
12-04-2009, 10:43 PM
GW US has recalled the unsold copies from their retail stores to once again sell them over the web. Get it now while you can or you'll be paying more on eBay next year.

Kahoolin
12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
What a surprise, they "found" some out the back. . . I wonder if they're coming from a magical Space Hulk goose that lays a box every time someone orders one.

oni
12-05-2009, 03:32 PM
HMmm... How convenient that these were "uncovered" right when the holidays are coming on. Mark my words... they will "uncover" even more next year right around the release of the Blood Angels codex.

zealot
12-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I think GW should be more realistic and honest with their customers.

Brass Scorpion
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Does it really matter if they say "we found some in the warehouse" or the more honest but complicated "we're having our retail stores return their unsold copies to the warehouse"? There's no hurtful deception there and the former is certainly a better sounding marketing blurb. The fact is that if you wanted to buy a copy online and missed it when they yanked it from the online store weeks ago you now have a second chance to buy it. That will likely jmake a lot of people who've been scouring eBay for a copy quite happy. I've seen a lot of people complain on forums that they need to buy online because they have no stores selling it near them, so this is a way for GW to sell their remaining copies and meet the needs of customers who really want the game. No harm, no foul.

Cryl
12-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Does it really matter if they say "we found some in the warehouse" or the more honest but complicated "we're having our retail stores return their unsold copies to the warehouse"? There's no hurtful deception there and the former is certainly a better sounding marketing blurb. The fact is that if you wanted to buy a copy online and missed it when they yanked it from the online store weeks ago you now have a second chance to buy it. That will likely jmake a lot of people who've been scouring eBay for a copy quite happy. I've seen a lot of people complain on forums that they need to buy online because they have no stores selling it near them, so this is a way for GW to sell their remaining copies and meet the needs of customers who really want the game. No harm, no foul.

Absolutely. GW are damned if they sell out of something, damned if they get it back in stock, damned if it's not produced in the first place, damned if it's late, damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's almost as if people enjoy complaining... which of course they don't... do they?

Melissia
12-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Which goes to show that GW preys on the illogical nature of its customers / players, but let's not get too deeply into that because we're all customers and players (well most of us, the rest suck)

Lord Azaghul
12-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Absolutely. GW are damned if they sell out of something, damned if they get it back in stock, damned if it's not produced in the first place, damned if it's late, damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's almost as if people enjoy complaining... which of course they don't... do they?

Yup!
It does tend to get old after a while... Just play the game and have fun!

Cryl
12-07-2009, 09:38 AM
... Just play the game and have fun!

QFT, best post of the day!

DarkLink
12-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Reminds me of an article that Jwolf wrote, if I recall correctly. He said much the same thing; something to the effect of "if GW rushes forward and quickly produces a new codex, they'll be accused of doing a half-@$$ed job. If they take the time to do a high quality job, they'll be accused of dragging their feet, and being a bunch of lazy evil hacks." Neither accusation is reasonable in any way. Some people need to just grow up.