Vendetta - 130
Vendetta - 130

Heavy Support:
Hydra Squadron - hull heavy bolters 225
Demolisher Squadron - hull lascannons, plasma cannon sponsons 440
Battle Tank Squadron - hull heavy bolters 300

Total:
2500 points

The infantry squads would combine to benefit them all from the Commissar, as well as any orders. They would sit on a home objective, giving me a solid anchor and the Hydras a good shield of bodies. The PCS and special weapon squads accomplish the same job as the flamer vets better and for significantly cheaper. They are basically just a 50 point upgrade to make the vendettas scoring and have a really nasty flamer surprise inside. The chimeltas will roll alongside the LRBTs, who will cover their far more vulnerable side armor. Lastly, the Vendettas and Demolishers will stay near each other at the front of my deployment zone, adding a third front that is initially stationary to dish out extreme firepower, and then in later turns the vendettas shoot off to claim or contest other objectives. I have started to think that having some stationary troops in conjunction with a mechanized force, as opposed to 100% mechanized, is just as competitive, if not moreso.

Chumbalaya
12-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I like it, just a few things:

2nd CCS seems kinda not worth it. I'd look into an Astropath and throw in an Inquisitor Lord to help shut down DSing and psykers.

Not a fan of squadrons, I'd just go for 2 Demos and look into PBS (like a Battle tank against infantry, but more flexible with their Ld reduction fun stuff).

You could do 2 Vendettas and a Hellhound squadron to give you some help against infantry.