PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels 1500

angel of the emperor
12-05-2009, 02:06 PM
with the new codex coming out i thought i would see how the blood angels play and i like what i see for fluff
here is a list i came up with

Dante
Lemartes
Honor Guard with Esanquinator, chapter banner, jump packs, and a power fist
5 Assault Squads with jump packs and a power fist
Furioso
6 death company with jump packs

c&c is as always most welcome

pgarfunkle
12-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Howdy from a fellow Blood Angel player. I'd be interested to see how the army fares as it stands as I love the idea of a total jump pack army. Having said that at 1500 points you might find the inclusion of Dante, Lemartes and an Honour Guard are a bit of a point sink.
I might suggest swapping an assault squad for a Baal Predator, the looks on your opponents face as they realise what they are is usually worth it alone. I'd also recommend reading Jawaballs' blog when considering units for use.

lobster-overlord
12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
I agree on having a Baal in the army. Having 3 brought a great deal of anti mech punch against orks in my last Apoc battle.

Mobious
12-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Wow!! All of your anti-tank is in two meltas, one of which is a very slow Furioso. Having a bunch of Jump Packs running around only work if you support it properly. First off you have should choose between Lemartes or Dante at 1500, really hard to build an army when you are spending 325 points on two models. Once you do that, working in a couple Baal Preds and Speeders/Attack Bikes would really help your lack of tank killing power. To be honest, I wouldn't use the Honour Guard, I just don't find them worth it. They are really just expensive assault marines, I would rather beef up the DC for those points--they are more durable and frankly just better.

If you get all that then you should be set, and if you run out of points then I would just drop an Assault squad--5 is a bit much at 1500 no?

RocketRollRebel
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
All jump packs could be neat. I would suggest some VAS tho instead of Honor guard. They are cheap, have great options and will help get you some mobile meltas. Maybe a drop pod for your Furioso or swap it out for some MM attack bikes? Also a pair of Baals or 3 are never ever a bad idea. I only have one at the moment (but I've been proxying them with Russ's) I really need to get more asap.

If you want to go with no vehicles tho I'd definitely load up on melta VAS, and/or MM/HF speeders and/or MM attack bikes.