PDA

View Full Version : Un-stopable Death Guard List.

Polaris
12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I was originally running a duel Daemon Prince list. I decided to take out 1 DP in favor of a terminator squad. If someone could convince me otherwise I would like to hear it.

Critique backed with logical reasoning is welcomed.

2000 points on the dot.

HQ

Demon Prince-
Mark of nurgle
Warp Time
Wings

Elite

Terminators x 3
Combi Meltas

Terminators x 3
Combi Meltas

Terminators x 3
Combi Meltas

Troops

Plague Marines x 7
x 2 Melta
Rhino

Plague Marines x 7
x 2 Melta
Rhino

Plague Marines x 7
x 2 Melta
Rhino

Plague Marines x 6
x2 Flamer
Champ /w power fist

Plague Marines x 6
x2 Flamer
Champ /w power fist

Heavy Support

Land Raider

Land Raider

Prince hides, jumps on enemy terminator squads, infantry what have you.

Terminators deep strike and pop armor/heavy weapon campers.

Flamer squads go into Land raiders. Line up infantry with tank shock and roast/assault them.

foostoofoo
12-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I think obliterators would serve you better than termis. More expensive yes. But they have meltas which arent just one shot, plus a whole load of other gooides if you run out of tanks to hunt :) Not to meantion an extra wound.

Other than that, seems pretty swish :)

Duke
12-06-2009, 10:21 AM
I would drop the termie squads for Oblits. Combi meltas have a very fickle track record. Then I would give the DP Lash, its a bit more effective than tank shocking into formation. Also, if you have the oblits you can lash the enemy into a nice little circle then plasma cannon them.

Right now your biggest nightmare is the obvious:
- LR redemmer
- TH/SS Termies
- Vindicators

Trust me a Daemon Prince isn't enough to wipe out a TH/SS termie squad solo. And if the squad has Lysander or a Libbi with null zone then your DP is toast, the Lash and Plasma cannons are much safer.

Duke

MajorSoB
12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Here is a better list if power gaming is your thing. I posted this as a joke but it seems to be your style.

My list is as follows:

1 Slaanesh Deamon Prince ( Wings, MoS, Lash)

1 Slaanesh Deamon Prince ( MoS, Lash)

1 Greater Deamon

5 x 5 man Plague Marine squads (Champ w/ PF, 1 Meltagun, Rhino)

3 x 2 Obliterators

Total 1850 points

For 1750 - drop the Greater Deamon

For 2000 - add 2 more Obliterators

While I like termies, deep striking them without icons is risky and will not pop armor for you reliably. Deep striking oblits are better or stationary oblits that sit back and lascannon/plasma cannon everything to death. Land raiders are too expensive unless you are using them as transports for big squads of termies which you are not. This list here beats your list hands down, but both lists are miserable to play against.

Mobious
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
I definitely would not call this "unstoppable". Seeing as:

SM do dual Raiders much much better.

Well built Guard can pretty much dismantle this in a couple of turns.

Even Orks who cannot handle Raiders in the slightest, could take this on to an extent. You have nothing to handle Nob Bikers and eventually the PKs and Cannons will slow if not stop your Raiders.

You'd be better off with two princes, oblit spam, and plagues w/o Raiders. Oblits really are your best option, they can do everything those Termies can and a lot lot more (Worth twice the price IMO). Plus Chaos Raiders area a bore: No PoTMS, no great weapon load-out. I say drop the raiders and use those 500 points to optimize the rest of your list.

Mr. Smith
12-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I'd argue for better survivability, that you'd want to use a tzeentch daemon prince, because of most of what's going to be shooting to at that thing is going be tougher than what the nurgle icon can survive while negating the 3+ armor save. But with the tzeentch icon you get a better chance with the 4+ invulnerable save. Then you give the thing maybe Warptime and Bolt of Change, and you'd be raring to go.

If you want Lash, I'd say that you use a sorcerer, throw him into a rhino with Daemonic Possession in with one of your death guard squads.

But definitely more Obliterators and rhinos.

Now is this more of a all comer's list or a fora specific enemy?

RocketRollRebel
12-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm not against the idea of the terminators but I would maybe take just 1 unit of them and spend the points on the 2nd price. He really is a real baddie even if you stick with MoN. I Suggest wings & warptime as a must for these guys. 2 DP's will eat shots that otherwise would have been meant for your rhinos (or vise versa). Think of them as less being super heros and more like being a support for your whole army.

I am kinda ok with the Raiders since I do love just the look of a Chaos Landraider:p, but you may find better choices in Oblits and/or a vindicator. I think a combo of the two would be the best, a friend of mine rolls 2 vindys and a triple oblit squad in his PM army and it seems to work out ok for him.

Hope this helps!