PDA

View Full Version : Bike SM 2K R&R

Shadoq
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Evening gents,
Recently had it brought to my attention that such a list was possible so I figured I'd let you all have a whack at it before I go on a bike buying spree.

Themed to be a successor to Salamanders as Sals don't have many bikes/fast attack?

HQ

Vulk 190 pts

SM Captain on Bike,Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer 165 pts

Elite

5 Termies w/SS and THs 200 pts

Troops

7 Space Marine Bikes w/2 melta guns and 1 PF Sgt X3- 235 pts each
8 Space Marine Bikes w/2 melta guns and 1 PF Sgt X1-260 pts each

Fast Attack

2 Attack Bikes w/MM X2- 100pts each

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader w/MM + EA- 275 pts

Total: 1995 pts

Vulk joins Termies in the Land Raider Crusader to go hammering
CPT goes either with Vulk or joins the big bike squad
Attack Bikes pop enemy heavy armor, big bugs, artillery...
Bike Squads zoom around shooting up units and then mopping up in close combat.

I believe this list plays to the strengths of the Salamanders but its a shame biker Sgts can't take THs.
I understand the list is vulnerable to massed template fire but with turbo boost and being able to get to targets quickly, I am not so worried.

Thoughts?

mercer
12-07-2009, 07:58 AM
I would split your troops down a little more so you have more than two troop choices.

SombreBrotherhood
12-07-2009, 09:50 AM
That's where the x3 and x1 comes in...he's got 4 troop choices. :) 29 'Tactical' Bikers, if I'm reading it right. I think this army would be very annoying to fight.

Cryl
12-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm wondering if more attack bikes would be better? I've no real experience of bike armies on the tabletop but for some reason my gut feeling is that a couple of HB Attack bikes wouldn't go wanting against anything infantry heavy.

Shadoq
12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the comments gents.
I play against a lot of power armor hippies or wanna bes so HB bikes have less appeal to me but I may throw some in for varieties sake and see how they do...

Chumbalaya
12-07-2009, 03:35 PM
That solo Land Raider kinda sticks out as an obvious target, having 2 would help them make it into assault reliably.

I'd also split your Biker units up into smaller elements with Attack Bikes for more flexibility.

DarkLink
12-07-2009, 05:12 PM
That solo Land Raider kinda sticks out as an obvious target, having 2 would help them make it into assault reliably.

I'd also split your Biker units up into smaller elements with Attack Bikes for more flexibility.

Yeah, I'd find the points to max the squads out, so you can combat squad them. Bikes work fantastically in multiple, small units.

Lerra
12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
You may want to consider a storm shield for your bike captain. With toughness 4(5), he can be insta-killed by powerfists and whatnot, so the 3+ invuln over the 4+ is pretty handy. Bike captains are ridiculously hard to kill with a storm-shield.