PDA

View Full Version : Request for geek help

Denzark
12-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey guys

I need help! My PC-fu is not good enough.

1. Some point recently, when using multiple tabs etc in IE, a windows message talking about DEP popped up, shutting down IE. How do I totally turn off this DEP function? Yes I'll take the risk of a virus.

2. I started using safari instead. It froze at one piint trying to update so I deleted and re-installed. Previously there was a view where there was multiple web pages just like when you have multiple covers in Itunes. Now I can't see this. how do I get back?

Cheers

Cryl
12-08-2009, 02:07 AM
You don't say what version of windows you're using. I'll assume XP, if so the following http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/566/xp-sp2-how-to-turn-off-the-data-execution-prevention-feature-dep/ will tell you how to disable DEP. If you're not on XP a quick google or search on Microsofts site will point you at a lot of articles about this

Safari is easy, make sure you're on the latest version of Safari and using the preferences menu (click the cog in the top right hand corner) set both the new windows and new tabs options to show top sites. That should do it.

Chances are google would have got you these answers quicker than posting here but hope that helps if not.