PDA

View Full Version : IG tourney list from around the globe

Vlad
12-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Good evening/morning!
Here is a 1750 IG list for our regional tourney. Its based on a Yarrick-Straken fearless counteratttack combo (in our Russian metagame it's called "Stepan-worthy", rougly tranlated).
The tourney itself is HEAVILY CSM-lash based, with a couple of Njals and Eldrads around, so an inquisitor is essential.
Comments are welcome!

Unnamed1750 Pts - Imperial Guard Army

1 Commissar Yarrick (HQ) @ 185 Pts

4 Company Command Squad (HQ) @ 205 Pts
Laspistol (x4); Medi-pack

1 Colonel Straken @ [95] Pts

1 Officer of the Fleet @ [30] Pts

1 Guardsman Marbo (Elites) @ 65 Pts

9 Psyker Battle Squad (Elites) @ 165 Pts

1 Overseer @ [20] Pts

1 Chimera @ [55] Pts
Heavy Flamer (x1); Multi Laser

0 Infantry Platoon (Troops) @ 315 Pts

4 Platoon Command Squad @ [30] Pts
Close-combat Weapon (x4); Lasgun (x4)

1 Platoon Commander @ [14] Pts
Close-combat Weapon; Laspistol

7 Infantry Squad @ [95] Pts
Plasma Gun

1 Heavy Weapons Team @ [28] Pts
Lascannon

1 Sergeant @ [24] Pts
Power Weapon; Laspistol

7 Infantry Squad @ [95] Pts
Plasma Gun

Lascannon

1 Sergeant @ [24] Pts
Power Weapon; Laspistol

7 Infantry Squad #1 @ [95] Pts
Plasma Gun

Lascannon

1 Sergeant @ [24] Pts
Power Weapon; Laspistol

9 Veteran Squad (Troops) @ 100 Pts
Lasgun (x6); Meltagun (x3)

1 Veteran Sergeant @ [16] Pts
Close-combat Weapon; Laspistol

0 Vendetta Squadron (Fast Attack) @ 130 Pts

1 Vendetta @ [130] Pts
Twin Lascannon (x3)

0 Leman Russ Squadron (Heavy Support) @ 150 Pts

1 Leman Russ Battle Tank @ [150] Pts
Battle Cannon; Heavy Bolter

0 Leman Russ Squadron (Heavy Support) @ 230 Pts

1 Leman Russ Executioner @ [230] Pts
Executioner Plasma Cannon; Heavy Bolter; Plasma Cannons (x2)

1 Manticore (Heavy Support) @ 160 Pts
Heavy Bolter

1 Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (Elites) @ 42 Pts
Bolt Pistol (x1); Close Combat Weapon (x1); Close Combat Weapon
Psychic Hood [20]

Models in Army: 66

Total Army Cost: 1747

Unholy_Martyr
12-08-2009, 01:13 AM
To be perfectly honest...all I have to say is wow. I would say the list has an identity crisis going on with the 2 Leman Russ Variants but they do go hand in hand with the feel of the army. First off, I'm curious as to how you want to play this list as that really sways which way the list should run.

If there is anything worth pointing out, I would believe it is the Plasma Guns you have in your infantry platoon. I feel that you would be better off shaving some points and exchanging for some Flamers for when the uglies get up close and personal. Another point worth mentioning is making the Counter Attack CCS beefier with adding two bodyguards with the points gained from the Plasma Guns.

There is probably more; however, that is what stands out the most and the rest I won't mention until I have an idea as to how you'd want to run your force.

Vlad
12-08-2009, 01:40 AM
This roster is not the ordinary lame guard everyone got used to see:)
Tactics is simple: blast the hell out of enemy with pie-plates, pin them with Psykers (who could be near the Yarrick to get LD10) and if they come close- countercharge with 30- man fearless squad with furious charge and pref enemy. A possibility of 6 linked lascannons could help us to pop some Rhinos and plasma is here to rapid fire enemy and then countercharge 'em with 10 ld and 12 rerolling power weapons.

On 1500 this went perfectly (against monolash, rhinorush, Eldrad and friends, semi- greentide)

Tombworld
12-08-2009, 03:37 PM
How do you compose it for 1500 points? I'd like to know pared down the list and kept it effective, and how you used it to best effect, since it's an interesting and unusual list!

Vlad
12-13-2009, 05:01 AM
How do you compose it for 1500 points? I'd like to know pared down the list and kept it effective, and how you used it to best effect, since it's an interesting and unusual list!

At 1500 its without big russ, 'core and 10 guards. Instead 3 mortars, 10 ratlings and vet-harker squad w/3 plasmas is added. Together with psykers the amount of psychological pressing onto the enemy is quite exeptional and strong infiltration/rapid delivery part gives you good fire sectors.
Just remember- use guard with guile and combine forces approach! And say thanks to R. Cruddace, of course:)