PDA

View Full Version : GamerGauge!!!

Woodpeckery
12-19-2013, 04:08 AM
Hello BoLS members! Really excited to introduce this new revolutionary tool to tabletop wargaming! It is called the GamerGauge and you guys should totally go check it out! The GamerGauge is entirely made in the U.S.A. and is made using only local businesses in my area! Come take a look at our Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1182305389/gamergauge-tabletop-wargaming-measuring-device?ref=live
Thanks!

Kudag Firefist
12-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Huh. Basically a math set/drafting "divider" (the compass thing with no pencil) locked at 1". Simple, yet pure genius. This gets my thumbs up!

Edit: One note of concern: The pointy metal nature of the product may be damaging to gaming surfaces? Perhaps this could be prevented by a quick dip of the tips in a rubberized compound?

Woodpeckery
12-20-2013, 10:53 PM
When we were designing the GamerGauge we originally wanted it to be point but that was out concern what you stated above. When used in are playtests and such we have had no damage to any of the tables we have played on, even ones at our Local Gaming Stores. The only reason that it would damage any table is if the player put to much pressure or an accident occurred.

DETHMOKIL
12-28-2013, 02:01 AM
Ok, Not to be that guy, but this seems to be just a drafting compass used like ye olde tyme ship navigators in every single pirate/u-boat movie ever.

I was honestly expecting a compass that could be opened up to pre-set distances, using a little bump and hole system, like 1-6 inches, so I could backwards guess my distance by opening it to where I want them to go and see if i have enough move left. It could even be 3d printed so you can get pretty much any color to match any army, and include Iconography and such. And I bet printer fulfillment at 35 bucks a kilo is more cost effective then stainless steel sheets. I could even do the printing myself, cutting out the middleman. But I doubt I could charge as much as you do. I could do the math and figure it out easily enough,it's really is just about profit margins.

This originally was just going to be a snarky post about reinventing stuff I already have, but It seems fun.

So out of sportsmanship, I'll go a head and post this publicly and not just copy/paste it into an e-mail to my CAD operator friend. :P

Good luck!

Kudag Firefist
12-30-2013, 03:17 AM
I was honestly expecting a compass that could be opened up to pre-set distances, using a little bump and hole system, like 1-6 inches

Anything over a couple of inches would either be incredibly unwieldy and awkward, or require ridiculously long "legs". Get out your math set and try and "walk" a divider or compass at full extension across a tabletop. Not going to happen.

I could backwards guess my distance by opening it to where I want them to go and see if i have enough move left
You also seemed to have missed the point of the product. It's to measure non-linear distances, non-straight paths of movement. Zigs and zags. For what you want, a ruler or tape measure will suffice.