PDA

View Full Version : 1,500 Tourny IG

RocketRollRebel
12-08-2009, 05:43 PM
So I'm looking into a 1,500pt tournament which is a point level I don't normally play at so the list feels a little awkward to work with. I've been doing mech vet lists a lot lately but I couldnt seem to make it work at this pt level. So let me know what you all think.

HQ
-----------
Company Command Squad
Officer of the Fleet
Plasma Gun x2
Chimera w/multi-laser and heavy flamer
-165pts

Troops
-----------
Infantry Platoon Command Squad
Flamer x4
Chimera w/multi-laser and heavy flamer
-105pts

Infantry Squad w/flamer
-55pts

Infantry Squad w/flamer
-55pts

Infantry Squad w/flamer and commissar
-90pts

Heavy Weapons Squad w/3 Auto Cannons
-75pts

Heavy Weapons Squad w/3 Auto Cannons
-75pts

10 Veterans w/3 Melta guns
-100pts

10 Veterans w/3 Melta guns
-100pts

Fast Attack
---------------------
Valkyrie w/multi-laser and multiple rocket pods
-130pts

Vendetta w/3 Twin linked Las Cannons
-130pts

Heavy Support
---------------------
Basilisk
-125pts

Medusa
-135pts

Manticore
-160pts

Comes out to 1,500pts on the dot. Again its meant to be competitive. I'm really open to anything since I don't run at this point level much so it feels kinda weird for some reason. haha

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Chumbalaya
12-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Find 10 points to upgrade your Bassy to a second Medusa. Otherwise it looks plenty nasty.

Cryl
12-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Good idea although I'm not sure where those points can come from short of changing the weapon loadout in the HQ Command Squad or maybe dropping the commisar although I'm guessing the commisar is there for stubborn if you need to combine your infantry squads into one big blob as a tarpit

RocketRollRebel
12-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Find 10 points to upgrade your Bassy to a second Medusa. Otherwise it looks plenty nasty.

hmmm good idea indeed. I wasn't that sold on the bassie anyway. I could drop a plasma gun or two from the company command squad. I have no problem keeping them naked really. I dont normally roll artillery and I'm used to 1,850+ games and tournys but I figured for this I can swap out my Russ's for artillery and get the same amount of fire power with just a little less resilience. I mean its still 7 av12 vehicles rolling at you. How do you feel about maybe enclosed crew compartments for the medusas?

The commissar needs to stay since I figure they will be a stubborn 30 mob that can torch hordes and grab and hold objectives.

How would you feel about a power weapon on the commissar or should I keep the pts for a lone plasma or a grenade launchers in the command squad? The power wep would be more a modeling thing since my favorite commissar mini is the female one with a power sword and las pistol (gotta get around to converting that too) and if I'm taking this list to a GT I want to bring my favorite dom lady out :p. Or I could just roll with one of my like 4 other commissar minis... Or chop off her power sword n give her a chain sword...

Chumbalaya
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Ideally I'd like the Commissar and Co. to be competent in HtH, giving them all power weapons and melta bombs makes them more than just meat for the grinder.

Easiest way to pick up 10 points would be to drop 2 flamers out of your PCS. You could also give the PCS and CCS 2 meltas each if you want more tank busting (PCS can get ordered so BS3 doesn't hurt so bad).