PDA

View Full Version : Menoth 2014

gypsylore
12-19-2013, 05:02 PM
2013 was the year of Legion. 2014 is gonna be the year of Menoth. My lovely wife acquired the Discount Games 25pt Menoth bundle and the Warmachine 2-player starter set. Lots to keep me busy (I'm a slow painter!) for some time.

Oil washes are drying on my two test models. I'll have them finished up tomorrow and post some images for comments, advise and criticisms. More importantly, I'm hoping to get some help choosing which scheme to go with. See you all tomorrow!

gypsylore
12-22-2013, 09:05 AM
So one of my two test schemes didn't work out at all. It was suppose to be a dark black/green concept, but with the oil washes the thing turned out super dark. Maybe I'll try it again. However, the Brown/Green concept worked out fairly well and I figured I'd throw it up here. Hopefully some of you expert painters out there can throw me some advice on how to improve it.

Working on a couple heavies at the moment. Plan is to post some WIP pics of the process I'm using. This does a couple things. 1) Gives me a place to write it down so I don't forget :), and 2) Gives some reference for people to say "if you did x here instead of y, then you'd get a better result".

Enough rambling for now. Here's the test:

gypsylore
12-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Couple small WIP shots for my records (sorry for the phone pics):
1st: After grey primer and Rinox Hide base coat, I used Karak Stone to start a Zhentil highlight.
2nd: 50-50 mix of Karak Stone and Rhinox Hide to increase contrast.
3rd: 50-50 mix of Karak Stone with Bleached Bone to push contrast further (no pic, phone camera can't see the difference).

That's it for now. Base colours are well under way. Update after the holidays. Cheers!