PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts IG, needs refining

TheMightyWarhamster
12-09-2009, 09:37 AM
HQ: Company Command Squad (7#, 207 pts)
4 Company Command Squad @ 207 pts (Carapace Armour; Vox Caster; Plasmagun x3; Astropath; Chimera)
1 Company Commander (Bolt Pistol)
1 Chimera (Turret Multi-Laser; Heavy Flamer)

Elite: Inquisitor (4#, 61 pts)
1 Inquisitor [OM] @ 61 pts (Psychic Hood; Bolter)
1 Hierophant [OM] (Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)
2 Mystic [OM] (Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)

Elite: Guardsman Marbo (1#, 65 pts)

Elite: Psyker Battle Squad (11#, 165 pts)
9 Psyker Battle Squad @ 165 pts
1 Overseer
1 Chimera (Heavy Flamer; Turret Multi-Laser)

Fast Attack: Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron (1#, 130 pts)
1 Valkyrie (Multilaser; Multiple Rocket Pods x2)

Fast Attack: Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron (1#, 130 pts)
1 Valkyrie (Multilaser; Multiple Rocket Pods x2)

Troops: Penal Legion Squad (10#, 80 pts)

Troops: Penal Legion Squad (10#, 80 pts)

Troops: Veteran Squad (10#, 135 pts)
9 Veteran Squad @ 135 pts (Demolition Charge; Melta Bombs; Vox Caster; Meltagun x3; Demolitions)
1 Veteran Sergeant

Troops: Veteran Squad (10#, 135 pts)
9 Veteran Squad @ 135 pts (Demolition Charge; Melta Bombs; Vox Caster; Meltagun x3; Demolitions)
1 Veteran Sergeant

Troops: Infantry Platoon (32#, 352 pts)
1 Infantry Platoon @ 352 pts (Heavy Weapons Squad; Heavy Weapons Squad)
4 Platoon Command Squad (Vox Caster; Grenade Launcher x3)
1 Platoon Commander (Bolter)
9 Infantry Squad (Grenade Launcher x1)
1 Sergeant
9 Infantry Squad (Vox Caster; Grenade Launcher x1)
1 Commissar
1 Sergeant
3 Heavy Weapons Squad (Autocannon x3)
3 Heavy Weapons Squad (Autocannon x3)

Heavy Support: Ordnance Battery (2#, 310 pts)
2 Medusa (Heavy Bolter; Medusa w/Bastion-breacher Shells; Enclosed Crew Compartment)

Heavy Support: Hydra Flak Tank Battery (2#, 150 pts)
2 Hydra Flak Tank (Heavy Bolter)

Total Roster Cost: 2000

planned tactics:
inquisitor + medusa keeps my DZ clean. infantry squads mob up to screen medusas + hydras. vets drop from the valkyries. ccs zooms around plasmaing stuff, ditto the psykers. the penal troopers outflank to contest backfield objectives.

i could really use some input on this list, so post away, folks. :)

Sam
12-09-2009, 09:49 AM
I'd ditch the bastion breacher shells, personally. I don't think the extra ap is worth sacrificing a large blast.

Unholy_Martyr
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Well Warhamster, I just finished revising my list, guess its my turn to lend you my opinion.

1) I agree with the above statement concerning the Breacher Shells, the large blast at AP 2 I feel would guarantee a player rethinking Deep Striking in your back field. Also, since you have your 3rd Heavy Support slot still open, I would recommend against making the Medusa's a battery as I believe that makes them capable of only targeting a single unit.

2) The Vox Casters on the Veterans: I'm curious as to your choice here, given the range that orders can be issued. Do you intend on moving the Command Squads to meet the Veterans in the field?

3) Heavy Bolter Weapons Squad: This is a matter of opinion but I would exchange these guys for Autocannons just to guarantee light transports don't cause me headaches (i.e. another mechanized Imperial Guard or a Rhino rush)

That's all I have to offer, hope it helps!

TheMightyWarhamster
12-09-2009, 10:44 AM
thanks for the input. :)
Unholy_Martyr:
1. i guess the ap 1 is kind of a security blanket for me. then again... few deep striking land raiders around, i guess.^^do you have a recommendation what to spend the ten points on? i guess i could always give the commander a powerweapon, for style (i don't believe in plasma pistols on ICs).
i intentionally field the medusas as a battery, because the inquisitor gives the free shot to a unit/squad, that means any deep striking terminators/oblits/trygons get to eat two s10 pieplates instead of one. :)
2. yep, they are supposed to link up with the chimera command squad, if need be, to profit from cover save denial or twin-linkage.
3. oops, oversight. thanks for pointing it out. they are both supposed to be autocannon squads. :) (*fixed*)

Unholy_Martyr
12-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the calrification on those points! Really, with 10 points to spare I can't really think of anything that would benefit from those. Maybe for kicks and giggles adding a random Autocannon but then again, I believe you have that covered.

Really a solid list, and I can't think of anything else. Definitely one I would not want to face in the near future.

TheMightyWarhamster
12-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the calrification on those points! Really, with 10 points to spare I can't really think of anything that would benefit from those. Maybe for kicks and giggles adding a random Autocannon but then again, I believe you have that covered.

Really a solid list, and I can't think of anything else. Definitely one I would not want to face in the near future.

glad to hear that :P
more autocannons are always nice. i could even drop the breachers and the vox casters from the veterans to give the infantry squads an autocannon each. since they are just standing around waving a "charge me" sign anyway, 4 heavy S7 shots might be nice and the vets might never get to use the casters...