PDA

View Full Version : 40k Terrain Piece-The Oil Refinery/Pipeline

Blitzhellion
12-21-2013, 01:39 AM
So, this is my second post here on Bols, so I thought " why not make it a terrain based one?"

This here is a mock up for an idea I've had brewing for the last month or so when I was thinking of terrain ideas for a snow themed board. I was thinking about what kind of terrain you normally associate with icy environs, so I first thought craggy ground, snow covered forest, and when looking at pictures online, I found one of the Alaskan pipeline going through a forest. Suddenly, a wild idea appeared!

The idea I had when laying this out was to create a small drilling station with large storage silos, and a pipeline heading out for parts unknown. It's pretty big as well, the base board is 18"x24", so it's a little bit big for normal games, but for a theme game, or apocalypse, or even just a larger board, I think this is something that would be a great centerpiece.

nothing had been glued down and gravity is doing all the work, but I hope that those of you who see this will be inspired to create your own BAHT ( big as hell terrain)

I appreciate any thoughts, concerns, ideas, or criticism you have for this WIP.