Vendetta

Vendetta

Heavy Support - 620 points

LR Executioner - 230 points
-Plasma cannon sponsons

LR Executioner - 230 points
-Plasma cannon sponsons

Manticore

I know heavy weapon squads are vulnerable to S6+ fire, but I think that most opponents will choose to put S6+ fire into the chimeras and vendettas instead, as these are arguably scarier targets. The regimental standard will allow the HWS to reroll morale checks anyways, so they should be ok.

I've been having a lot of problems taking on my friends Vulkan list lately (10 TH/SS termies, 2 LR, 2 tac squads in rhinos, 2 preds and 2 speeders, everything geared to take out vehicles), and I'd be interested to hear if you guys think this list will do well against it.

Chumbalaya
12-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I like it, the only thing I would consider changing is swapping out an Executioner for another Medusa. As-is, you are lacking in the long range threats against heavy armor. Autocannons only do so much y'know? You could upgrade to Demolishers if you wanted the extra heavy armor, otherwise another HWS would fit right in (or some commissars to protect your armor).

Shadoq
12-10-2009, 09:42 AM
While I love the model, I've had very VERY limited success with my Vendettas. Most times they get knocked down after 1 turn.

Personally, I'd take out the Manticore. You've got anti-infantry covered very well with 2 Plasy Executioners. I'd put a Vanquisher with hull Lascannon and Pask in the list instead to have some fun going after enemy armor. 8+ 2D6(+1 w/no move) from 72" is always nice.

Personally haven't tested this one but going to this weekend:
Stripped down Valkyrie carrying Melta vets, or Command squad w/4 meltas will make a nasty suprise for a Land Raider or any armor getting 3-4 Melta shots and potentially 2 Hellstrikes.

jcage
12-10-2009, 12:27 PM
The manticore is more for taking out enemy heavy tanks from range. The ability to hit side armor when firing indirectly is invaluable when taking out things with weak side armor, like predators. I've had mixed success with it though, sometimes it takes out 2 land raiders early on and wins me the game, and other times it just misses every shot. I've been thinking about replacing it with a demolisher, but then I'd lose the ability to touch enemy heavy armor from far away.

I could replace a plascutioner with a medusa, but medusa have to fire directly and I'm worried that it will just get blown up first turn. A medusa with bastion breacher shells would be a more reliable way to take out land raiders though, of which I face a lot these days. The only problem is keeping it alive, a 4+ save can only do so much.