PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Mech IG list

Magos
08-02-2009, 10:21 AM
This is my themed Mechanized IG list. Its done up in Machine God/Skittari Colors and such. I am a strongly casual player

HQ

Arch Magos (Inquisitor Lord)-
2xMystics-
1xSage
Psychic Hood
Icon of the Just
Psycannon
Plasma Servitor
Heavy Bolter Servitor
Power Weapon
Chimera w heavy stubber

Elite
Vindicare Assassin

Troops

Veteran Squad-

2xMeltaguns
Carapace Armor
Lascannon
Chimera (Heavy Stubber)

Veteran Squad

2xMeltaguns
Carapace Armor
Lascannon
Chimera

Veteran Squad

2xPlasmaguns
Carapace Armor
Chimera

Veteran Squad
2xFlamers
1xHeavy Flamer
Chimera w

Penal Legion Squad-120 pts
Priest w eviscerator

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Vanquisher-205
Knight Commander Pask
Lascannon

Leman Russ Executioner-230 Points
Plasma Sponsons

Leman Russ Tank-185
W Lascannon
Bolters

TheKingElessar
08-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Why is Pask not in the super-duper Plas all round Russ?

Also, please list Chimera loadout. :)

Chumbalaya
08-02-2009, 02:45 PM
You need an IG HQ too, allies don't fill compulsory slots.

Lascannons in mobile Vet units are fail, pick up more melta.

Carapace Armor is not needed for mounted units.

Penal Legionnaires aren't scaring anybody, Priest or no Priest. A single foot unit in a mech list isn't doing anything.

Vanquishers suck, Pask or no Pask.

LRBTs are unimpressive. S8 doesn't hurt AV14, AP3 doesn't scare Terminators, and cover is everywhere. Demolisher, Executioner, or Eradicator would be better.

Magos
08-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Why is Pask not in the super-duper Plas all round Russ?

Also, please list Chimera loadout. :)
I find that Pask ends up doing alot more good with a battlecannon round hitting on BS4 rather then getting one inch of scatter with the executioner.

I run basic chimeras with heavy stubbers.

Chumbalya-Thanks for pointing that out, I will likely add in a Primaris Psyker or some such.

Fair point on the Lascannons, they dont do enough.

I disagree on the Vanquishers, its a land raider killing machine.

Agree on the LRBT, I am switching that for another executioner to keep it fluffy.

mkerr
08-02-2009, 05:20 PM
You need an IG HQ too, allies don't fill compulsory slots.

Chumbalaya is correct. You need at least one HQ slot from the Imperial Guard codex. But there are a couple of pretty cheap models that you can use to fill this slot (just put a Techpriest Enginseer or a Ministorum Priest in your Inquisitorial Retinue for 45pts).

I am a strongly casual player

I'll give you a few small recommendations to make the army a bit more competitive. Since you are a casual player, there's no need to make any changes to your list.

1. Keep in mind that you can model any of the Inquisitor Lord's wargear on his henchmen. I model my Psycannon on one of my Heavy Bolter Servitors (gives me more flexibility on modeling my Inquisitor).

2. If you take a Plasma Cannon Servitor, then you should find the points for a second Sage. If you don't want a second Sage, then just go with three Heavy Bolter servitors. Besides the Psycannon and the Psychic Hood, I wouldn't recommend any wargear on your Inquisitor Lord (definitely lose the Icon of the Just - you'll have 4+ cover all the time, so the Invulnerable save isn't worth the points).

3. If you plan on driving your Veterans up to unleash Meltas in your opponent's face (a fine tactic), then lose the Lascannon and pick up a third Meltagun.

4. I also think that Carpace Armor is overpriced. If you plan to use them in Chimera, then go with Veteran squads. If you plan to use them on foot, think about Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (I love Targeters).

5. I'd be interested in hearing how the Penal Legion work. I haven't tried them with Priests yet.

6. I find the Vanquisher to be really overpriced (and still too fragile to use Pask). Let me know how that works as well (although putting him in the Executioner would be lots of fun).

Good luck and let us know what you settle on!

-- MKerr

Chumbalaya
08-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Pask in an Executioner isn't so much about the scatter, it's the 5 S8 AP1 blasts he throws out.

I don't like Vanquishers because of the BS. It's not even AP1 either.

A Primaris is a cheap HQ and would fit in nicely as an Electoo Priest. It isn't the most competitive choice, but in a friendly list it's no biggie and should give you a fun modelling opportunity.

Jwolf
08-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Vanquisher's can kill Landraiders, but Medusas with Bastion Breacher Shells do kill Land Raiders. And the Medusa shoots a blast that is at least useful against other targets.

Magos
08-02-2009, 11:49 PM
I will be honest, I tested a Medusa (I have a Basilisk chassis, and my group is cool with me proxying it as a different thing in different games, to see what works before I buy a turret. Might just make it a death strike missile for laughs.) But the Kills the Medusa got versus what the Vanquisher got was interesting. The Vanquisher makes up more then its points everygame...the medusa..not so much.

3. If you plan on driving your Veterans up to unleash Meltas in your opponent's face (a fine tactic), then lose the Lascannon and pick up a third Meltagun.
Done. I have 4 additional meltaguns on the way, so this works well, and I can keep the LAscannons around for other games.

4. I also think that Carpace Armor is overpriced. If you plan to use them in Chimera, then go with Veteran squads. If you plan to use them on foot, think about Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (I love Targeters).
I confess, I dont know what Targeters do actually...

As for the Penal Legionares, for some reason, they work well against MEQ, everything else, not so much.
Oh, and with a Lord Commissar, they get rather interesting.

Yeah, as soon as Im home from visitng family, Im going to get to work on the Primaris Psyker and turn him into a Electro-Priest Battle Magos...