PDA

View Full Version : 1600 High Elves

Company Master Bardiel
12-25-2013, 11:44 AM
This list is for a friendly tournament I have coming up at a friends house. I'll be facing Dwarfs, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Orge Kingdoms, Orcs and Goblins and Skaven.

Arch Mage
Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Protection

Nobel
Long bow, Moranions Wayshard

Archers x 14

Ellryian Reavers x 5

Spear men x 20 full command

Phoenix Guard x 19 full command, razor standard

Sword Masters of Hoeth x 15 full command

Great Eagle Shredding Talons, Swiftsense

angrybear
12-25-2013, 05:31 PM
This list is for a friendly tournament I have coming up at a friends house. I'll be facing Dwarfs, Empire, Warriors of Chaos, Orge Kingdoms, Orcs and Goblins and Skaven.

Arch Mage
Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Protection

Nobel
Long bow, Moranions Wayshard

Archers x 14

Ellryian Reavers x 5

Spear men x 20 full command

Phoenix Guard x 19 full command, razor standard

Sword Masters of Hoeth x 15 full command

I think your list is decent for a friendly tournament. However I feel the nobel is a bit of a waste of points. You are paying a lot of points to use the ambush special rule for 20 spearmen. Twenty spearmen are to few to do something useful in combat and they are a bit pricey to use as an ambush unit. I would drop the nobel for some more spearmen;). Good luck with the tournament.

Company Master Bardiel
12-25-2013, 06:39 PM
I was going to put the noble with the archers.

angrybear
12-26-2013, 05:16 AM
I was going to put the noble with the archers.

I see, but what is the idea behind that? You get one strength 3 shot with the noble and you are paying like 100 points for it. If you want a good archer I would suggest the reaver bow with a strength potion. At the moment your noble has nearly no defence and you are giving 100 points away. The reaver bow also helps against high armour save targets (skullcrushers and demigryphs) because your strongest anti armor unit is only strength 5. I hope this helps you.