PDA

View Full Version : Mystic's and Vehicles

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
12-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Ok, a tactic that was used against me jut recently...

A DH army with two mystics in a Inquisitor retinue, now i deepstrike my Seraphin nearby and he rolls for his Mystics range, and im within by an inch.
Now he declares that instead of shooting his Inquisitor and retinue or his PAGK's nearby he declares to use a Baneblade against me, not im a little fuzzy on the ruling here....is it legal to declare a Vehicle instead of a squad that takes the shot predicting your arrival by deepstrike?

Just a thought, me i declared that he had to use a squad but he counts any unit can, and his logic a unit could also be a vehicle.
Anyone got clarification on this?

Cryl
12-12-2009, 08:56 AM
The word used in the rule is 'unit', a vehicle is a unit and so can take the shot providing it's in range of the mystic - obviously you need two mystics to allow another unit to take the shot in place of the inquisitors unit but assuming he had this it's perfectly legal.

DarkLink
12-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Yep, the second mystic makes this perfectly legal.

Old_Paladin
12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Yup,
You should look at the armies Jwolf and Bigred took to the Gladiator; I know at least one of them took the retinue of mystics so they could get a free turn of shooting with their REAVER BATTLE TITAN!
Talk about overkill; 8 strength: D pieplates against a deepstriker.

Voxnovanion
12-13-2009, 05:15 AM
One more reason why Mkerr advocates against deepstriking Seraphim (in his recent Seraphim tactica).

BuFFo
12-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Ok, a tactic that was used against me jut recently...

A DH army with two mystics in a Inquisitor retinue, now i deepstrike my Seraphin nearby and he rolls for his Mystics range, and im within by an inch.
Now he declares that instead of shooting his Inquisitor and retinue or his PAGK's nearby he declares to use a Baneblade against me, not im a little fuzzy on the ruling here....is it legal to declare a Vehicle instead of a squad that takes the shot predicting your arrival by deepstrike?

Just a thought, me i declared that he had to use a squad but he counts any unit can, and his logic a unit could also be a vehicle.
Anyone got clarification on this?

Vehicles are units.

Enjoy your baneblade sammich!

SombreBrotherhood
12-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Only issue is if that Baneblade was within 12". If it was, he's got you fair and square.

bonedale
12-14-2009, 09:32 AM
funny, I've dreamed that I had a baneblade next to my Mystics to take the shots. It's just never worked out for some reason or another.

That must have hurt something fierce.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
12-15-2009, 05:36 AM
Oh it did the only survivor was the Vet SoB and she made them pay dearly for that.
Used a Faith Point and still she was the only survivor, then she went on the vindicate her lost sisters by destroying the Baneblade, the inquisitor and the PAGk squad when the Baneblade went nova.
She died in a glorious death but was so worth what she did to his army.

:( still lost the battle only just by one objective.
Thanks for the clarification, may have to park my Baneblade closer to my own Mystic from now.