PDA

View Full Version : 1750 ork list cpmpetitive wou like some feed back

Drax
12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
1750 Pts - Orks Roster

HQ: Big Mek (1#, 105 pts)
1 Big Mek @ 105 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 34 & 97); Choppa; Kustom Force Field; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Mek's Tools)

HQ: Warboss (1#, 155 pts)
1 Warboss @ 155 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 32 & 97); Power Klaw; Slugga; Twin-linked Dakkagun; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Warbike)

Troops: Nobz (6#, 420 pts)
5 Nobz @ 420 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 34 & 9; Count as Troop Troops; Big Choppa x3; Power Klaw x2; Slugga x4; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon x1; Twin-linked Dakkagun; Feel No Pain; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Bosspole x1; Cybork Body; Waaagh! Banner x1; Warbike)
1 Painboy ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); 'Urty Syringe; Twin-linked Dakkagun; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Cybork Body; Dok's Tools; Warbike)

Elite: Lootas (5#, 75 pts)
5 Lootas @ 75 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 43 & 100); Deffguns; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Troops: Boyz (30#, 270 pts)
29 Boyz @ 270 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Big Shoota x3; Shoota; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)
1 Boyz Nob ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Power Klaw; Slugga; Stikkbombs (Squad based); Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole)

Troops: Boyz (30#, 270 pts)
29 Boyz @ 270 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota x3; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)
1 Boyz Nob ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Power Klaw; Slugga; Stikkbombs (Squad based); Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole)

Troops: 'Ard Boyz (19#, 249 pts)
18 'Ard Boyz @ 249 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour)
1 'Ard Boyz Nob ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Power Klaw; Slugga; Stikkbombs (Squad based); Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole)

Heavy Support: Battlewagon (1#, 130 pts)
1 Battlewagon @ 130 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 55 & 102); Armour Plates; Deff Rolla; Grot Rigger; Red Paint Job)

Elite: Lootas (5#, 75 pts)
5 Lootas @ 75 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 43 & 100); Deffguns; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Validation Report:
c-1. File Version: 1.05c For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1749

Mobious
12-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Interesting list, but I see a few shorting comings. You only have 10 Lootas which are putting out an average of 20 shots per turn and only hitting with 6/7. With the amount of Mech out there today, I don't this will cut it as far as anti-tank goes. Now you may be able to overwhelm some people with all of those foot Boys, but against properly built lists you'll find it really hard to win. People will just smack you with flamers and any other shooting, and then hit you with a decent CC unit and make you die to Fearless wounds (what I do at least).

If I were to run a "competitive" Ork list it would go something like this:

Nob Biker Squad (Like yours)
30 Lootas
Some cannons or Kans

My cousin runs this and has been wrecking our local FLGS. The only list weakness his Trukk boys, but people are so tied up with the Lootas and Nobs that they can't handle. Still can't handle AV 13/14 but its all he can really do with the Ork codex.

You still have to find viable troops. Boys on foot (and in Trukks) don't cut it for me. All they can do is take out infantry, and stare at Mech as it drives around at Cruising speed. Opponents can just exploit your lack of speed and anti-tank all day. And if you Mech up in Trukks, than your still not very "competitive" because AV 10 Open-topped doesn't last. Once its gone your not Fearless anymore, and will fall victim to pinning and other moral checks.What you really need are viable troops.

I have heard a lot of talk about Biker Boys as troops with Wazzdakka, and I like the sound of it ( Deff Dreads as troops, sound viable too). They let you at least do something to Mech, give you survivability out in the open, and your just as fast as everyone else now (if not faster).

I think your list can really bring the hurt to some opponents, but if you are going against tough opponents then you'll have a real hard time. The list fails to any well built Mech/Semi-Mech force ranging from Guard to Space Marines. Tanks Shocks followed by Flamers hurt you bad, and when your Bikers get hit by other beater units (Council/Storm Shields) you are in big trouble.

Hope I helped

Chumbalaya
12-14-2009, 07:47 AM
1 Battlewagons, foot boyz, 10 Lootas, and 6 Bikers?

Pass. You've got no redundancy, little to handle armor, and everything moves in nicely self-contained packages to be chomped on at your opponent's leisure.

Drax
12-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Mobious thank you for the feed back it's much appreciated i will have to take a look and see what i can do to fix it. Chumbalaya what do you suggest for fixing it? you say no redundancy what should I change? instead of just saying pass tell me what i need to do to fix this.

Chumbalaya
12-14-2009, 06:50 PM
You've got a little bit of everything, but no real focus. 1 unit of Lootas is not enough firepower, 1 Battlewagon is not enough mech, 60 boyz are not enough horde.

Build your list with a theme or focus in mind. Do you want a mekanikal menagerie of mayhem, doomy dakka deff, 'ordes and 'ordes of ornery Orks, or something else? Once you've got that, you need to tweak it. Do you have the means to handle vehicles, infantry, assaulters, shooters, blockers, transports, heavy armor, MCs, etc, etc. After that, ask yourself, "does my army rely on 1 unit for everything or at there any obvious weak links?" If yes, look for ways to avoid that, bring in more similar units to reduce your reliance on just one, look for cheaper alternatives that can be used in multiples to reduce the effect of one bad set of rolls, and try to make it so that if you were fighting your army, you wouldn't know where to start since everything is a threat but ultimately disposable and replacable.

Drax
12-14-2009, 09:53 PM
ok after listening to your feed back I went to work on a list and I'm really not sure how this will turn out but i figure the only way to learn more is by posting so here i the next list i turned out. OK i fixed the list i really down know how this will do considering i have such small amount of orks but I wanted to go for a mechish type of list. I figured the nobz can take and dish out punishment very well with the warboss, the deff kopters could out flank or scout up ahead to tie up units early on. i was hoping to have the big mek in a battle wagon and pretty much keep every tank/walkerl by it so they get the 4+ save.

1750 Pts - Orks Roster

1 Warboss @ 155 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 32 & 97); Power Klaw; Slugga; Twin-linked Dakkagun; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Warbike)

HQ: Big Mek (1#, 95 pts)
1 Big Mek @ 95 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 34 & 97); Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Mek's Tools)

Troops: Nobz (6#, 431 pts)
5 Nobz @ 431 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 34 & 98); Count as Troop Troops; Big Choppa x3; Power Klaw x2; Slugga x4; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon x1; Twin-linked Dakkagun; Stikkbombs; Feel No Pain; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Bosspole x1; Cybork Body; Waaagh! Banner x1; Warbike)
1 Painboy ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); 'Urty Syringe; Twin-linked Dakkagun; Stikkbombs (Squad based); Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Dok's Tools; Warbike)

Troops: Boyz (20#, 170 pts)
19 Boyz @ 170 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota x1; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)
1 Boyz Nob ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole)

Troops: Boyz (19#, 159 pts)
18 Boyz @ 159 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)
1 Boyz Nob ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole)

Troops: Boyz (13#, 172 pts)
11 Boyz @ 172 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)
1 Trukk ((C:Orks, pp. 41 & 100); Big Shoota x1; Armour Plates; Grot Rigger; Red Paint Job)

Heavy Support: Battlewagon (1#, 140 pts)
1 Battlewagon @ 140 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 55 & 102); Kannon; Armour Plates; Deff Rolla; Grot Rigger; Red Paint Job)

1 Battlewagon @ 140 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 55 & 102); Kannon; Armour Plates; Deff Rolla; Grot Rigger; Red Paint Job)

Heavy Support: Killer Kans (3#, 165 pts)
3 Killer Kans @ 165 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 53 & 102); Dreadnought CCW; Skorcha x3; Armour Plates x3; Grot Rigger x3)

Fast Attack: Deffkoptas (2#, 115 pts)
2 Deffkoptas @ 115 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 48 & 101); Buzzsaw x1; Choppa; Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha x2; Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Mob Rule; Scouts; Deffkopta)

Validation Report:
c-1. File Version: 1.05c For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; b-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission

Total Roster Cost: 1742

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

Drax
12-14-2009, 10:59 PM
also here is another version i was working on that i kind of like better

1750 Pts - Orks Roster

HQ: Big Mek (1#, 95 pts)
1 Big Mek @ 95 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 34 & 97); Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Mek's Tools)

Elite: Nobz (6#, 431 pts)
5 Nobz @ 431 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 34 & 98); Big Choppa x3; Power Klaw x2; Slugga x4; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon x1; Twin-linked Dakkagun; Stikkbombs; Feel No Pain; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Bosspole x1; Cybork Body; Waaagh! Banner x1; Warbike)
1 Painboy ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); 'Urty Syringe; Twin-linked Dakkagun; Stikkbombs (Squad based); Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Dok's Tools; Warbike)

Troops: Boyz (20#, 170 pts)
19 Boyz @ 170 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota x1; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Troops: Boyz (19#, 164 pts)
18 Boyz @ 164 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota x1; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Troops: Boyz (13#, 177 pts)
11 Boyz @ 177 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota x1; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)
1 Trukk ((C:Orks, pp. 41 & 100); Big Shoota x1; Armour Plates; Grot Rigger; Red Paint Job)

Troops: Deff Dread (1#, 110 pts)
1 Deff Dread @ 110 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 52 & 102); Count as Troop Troops; Dreadnought CCW x2; Dreadnought CCW x1; Skorcha x1; Armour Plates; Grot Rigger)

Heavy Support: Killer Kans (3#, 165 pts)
3 Killer Kans @ 165 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 53 & 102); Dreadnought CCW; Skorcha x3; Armour Plates x3; Grot Rigger x3)

Validation Report:

Total Roster Cost: 1747

Chumbalaya
12-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Remember that having a Warboss makes those Nobs Troops.

It looks better.

Biker Nobs are weird since you have to spend a ton of points to make them really effective (full squad), otherwise they are hurt badly by their poor Ld and numbers. They can work nicely to complement wagons, but I'd just prefer normal Nobs in their own wagon. That way they can avoid road blocks and get right in people's faces, plus you can get more since they're a lot cheaper.

Unless you have a Warboss with them, boyz in wagons work better as Shootas. Move 6" and unleash all sorts of dakka on somebody's face.

Armor Plates and Grot Riggers are worthless on Kanz because of squadron rules (stunned = shaken, immobilized = wrecked). Just one unit doesn't really fit in totally, especially since everything is faster. Walking Skorchas suck, Deff Dreads too.

I'd look into Rokkit Buggies, Lootaz, or Kannons to help you bust armor so your boyz can get to the squishy bits inside.

Drax
12-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Ok Chum I changed this alot base on what you said about the nobz etc. so here goes version 3 also thanks for putting up with me.

1750 Pts - Orks Roster

HQ: Big Mek (1#, 120 pts)
1 Big Mek @ 120 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 34 & 97); Choppa; Kustom Force Field; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Mek's Tools)

HQ: Warboss (1#, 125 pts)
1 Warboss @ 125 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 32 & 97); Power Klaw; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body)

Troops: Nobz (11#, 565 pts)
9 Nobz @ 565 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 34 & 98); Count as Troop Troops; Big Choppa x4; Choppa x3; Power Klaw x2; Slugga x9; Stikkbombs; Feel No Pain; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour x9; Bosspole x1; Cybork Body; Waaagh! Banner x1)
1 Painboy ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); 'Urty Syringe; Stikkbombs (Squad based); Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Cybork Body; Dok's Tools)
1 Battlewagon ((C:Orks, pp. 55 & 102); Kannon; Armour Plates; Deff Rolla; Grot Rigger; Red Paint Job)

Troops: Boyz (30#, 240 pts)
29 Boyz @ 240 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Big Shoota x3; Shoota; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Troops: Boyz (30#, 235 pts)
29 Boyz @ 235 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Big Shoota x2; Shoota; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Troops: Boyz (19#, 159 pts)
18 Boyz @ 159 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 40 & 100); Choppa & Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Elite: Lootas (11#, 165 pts)
11 Lootas @ 165 pts ((C:Orks, pp. 43 & 100); Deffguns; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Validation Report:

Total Roster Cost: 1749