PDA

View Full Version : 1250 SM list/Mechanized

Forteller
12-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Hello Folks :),

Wont go into much discussion,got a 1250 point tournament for the following months and i need to make some adjustments to my roster,this is what i came up with :)

HQ

1 Librarian with Null Zone and Smite

Troops

4 x 5 Tactical Squads

Dedicated Transports

4 Razorbacks (2 with Assault Cannon 2 with Lasscannon and Plasma Gun)

Heavy Support

2 Vindicators

Fast Attack

2 Land Speeders with 1 Multi Melta and 1 Heavy Flamer Each

2 Attack Bikes as a squadron with Multi-melta

Well this is it, thanks for your effort in advance and hope to hear your opinions soon :)

Cryl
12-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Interesting, this is something I'd never think of playing myself but I actually quite like it. My worries would be that you're a little short on things that can reach out and touch your opponents and that razorbacks die pretty quickly to just about anything from an autocannon upwards which makes me slightly concerned about fitting 35 point weapon upgrades to each of them.

I'd lose the bikes and take more speeders if you can fit them in, I'm also deeply sceptical about the value of HF on speeders, I can't imagine wanting to get them that close to anything especially given how quick they are, alot of people swear by the weapon combo you're using though so YMMV.

If you drop the assault cannons for HB on two razorbacks and drop the bikes for another speeder you've saved 150 points and still have a pretty effective army. From here you can squadron the speeders and take typhoons or take more multimeltas, up a tactical to ten men and get the heavy / specials, if you're keen on mech and you are from your list then you've got the points for a pred or two (depending on weapons) or even another tactical in razorback.

I like this as an idea though, I might try it out myself as it's so different from the way I normally play

Forteller
12-14-2009, 06:06 AM
Turn one assault cannon into heavy bolter razorback,remove the two bikes and i could possibly add one lasscannon wieldin razorback with another 5 man..................thats around 5 razorbacks in a 1250 game? Ugh............ not that i oppose the idea :)

Chumbalaya
12-14-2009, 08:07 AM
I'd give all razors las/plas so they can all threaten people from turn 1. Throwing in some Sternguard (combi-meltas and flamers) in Razors and combi-flamers on your Tactical Sergeants would give you some handy anti-infantry firepower.