PDA

View Full Version : Online Epic Campaign Book?

Another Random Geek
12-14-2009, 05:30 PM
WH40K has got 3 BOLS campaign books, all of which are very well made. That being said, don't you guys think that EA would be a better game system for massive historical campaigns? I'll probably work on and off on one just for the heck of it, but if anyone wants to help, I'm all ears. Right now, I don't even know whether to use a historical 40k campaign, or just make one up.

-ARG
(AKA on my local hobby shop's forums as TheVillageIdiot.)

vayasen
12-15-2009, 11:04 AM
I play 2nd edition ei but would still love to see some campaigns (I couldnt convert them from armageddon im sure)...so feel free to make one...ill deffo have interest in it.

Also if any exist n the net, if any1 has a link or two id appreciate it loads.

Cheers

Another Random Geek
12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, I dunno if anyone's watching this thread, but I've brainstormed some potential campaign armies.Any and all input is welcome.

Random Thoughts for Campaign

Army Lists

Eldar Exodites
-Eldar riding lizard cavalry
-Weird flying manta-ray thingies
-Maybe some sort of dinosaur-like creature as Super-Heavy?
-Based on old 1996 minis
-Up to1/3 of force can be taken from the official Biel-tan Eldar army list to represent support from the Craftworlds
- Inspired by this: http://www.stephane.info/show.php?code=exodite_project

Genestealer Cult
-Basically Lost and the Damned, only with ‘Nids instead of Chaos
-Purestrain Genestealers only “Pure” Tyranid unit
-No super-heavies or navy
-Perhaps some kind of suicide bomber unit?

Deathwing/Ravenwing
-Space Marine force w/ only Terminators, Land Raiders, Dreadnaughts, T-Hawk, Land Speeders, and Bikes
-All units are fearless, and ignore the effects of blast markers
-Can’t take Ad Mech or Imperial Navy support

Agri World PDF
-Basically some poor farm planet gets invaded, but puts up a resistance.
-No heavy armor due to lack of industry.
-Sentinels only vehicles (These are cheap, easy to produce, and don’t require much upkeep)
-Militia mobs are cheap, numerous, but have very bad stats

Iron Warriors Legion
-Based on Black Legion, LOTD lists
-Can Build fortifications ala Siege Masters
-Up to 1/3 of force can be taken from the official Lost and the Damned list (Good for cultist meat shields, Basilisks, tank companies, etc.
-Can not take more than 1 marked Chaos Marine formation (IE: Khorne Berserkers, Ksons, etc.)
-Cannot take summoned daemons. Daemon Prince as a commander is kosher, though
-Cannot be deployed via Drop Pod

Imperial Fists Space Marines
- Specialize in breaking sieges, act as mirror opposite of Iron Warriors
- Dreadnaught replaced by Ironclad Dreadnaught
- Special Whirlwind variant for destroying entrenched positions.
- Thunderhawks armed with incendiary bombs

Ork Freebootas
- 17th Century Pirate themed Orks
- Some sort of rule for looted vehicles
- No Grots (They’s too weedy fer’ a pirate’s life!)
- If two formations are both within 2 inches of an objective, there is a small chance of them fighting over “da booty” unless a Warboss is within 6 inches.
- If infighting does break out, move both formations into base contact and resolve like a normal assualt.

Awakening Necron Tomb
-No monoliths, super heavies.
-Deployment represents the Necrons as they first begin to arise out of the earth, so it follows different rules.
- Before the non-Necron player deploys, the Necron player places numbered markers indicating potential tomb sites anywhere on the board. There should be twice as many markers as activations in the Necron army. (IE: Six activations means that twelve numbered markers should be placed on the board.)
- The Necron player then writes down on a piece of paper which markers actually indicate a tomb, and what units are hiding in it. Only one formation can be hidden per tomb location.
-The non-Necron player chooses a table edge, and deploys as normal.
- The Necron player shows the non-Necron player the paper with his deployment zones, and sets up his units.

GR00V3R
12-18-2009, 04:14 PM
I like where you're heading with this. Nice one.

To my mind, the most important aspect of a campaign is the story, even if you're going for a map-based campaign—the story is what drives the player engagement.

I'm pretty flat-strap with a new job I just started, not to mention doing the marketing for my new iPhone game, Orbital Defence (http://itunes.com/apps/OrbitalDefence), but I'll help out where I can—I can at least be proof-reading and offering comments. :)

Another Random Geek
12-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks GR00V3R, your posts on BoLS are what got into Epic. I'm now the proud owner of the Blood Angels 3rd Company, pro-painted, and with custom sculpted Dante, Tycho, and Mephiston. Best $250.00 I've ever spent. I ought to have a Iron Warriors rough draft up by the end of the day, along with some possible story ideas.

Another Random Geek
12-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Meh, sorry for the double post, but I've ironed out (heh, get it?) A rough draft for the Iron Warriors 15th Great Company. Stats for the Vindicator can be found in the Codex Space Marines list, the Basilisk, the Steel Legion list, the Cult support, the Lost and the Damned list, and everything else in the Black Legion list.

Iron Warriors 15th Great Company

Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war,
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
Julius Caesar Act 3, scene 1, 270–275

Formations

Iron Company (4 stands of Chaos Marines) -125 points
-Add 4 additional stands - 120 points
-Add Rhinos (10 points per Rhino. Only enough Rhinos to transport all units can be taken)
-Add Land Raiders (Up to four) -75 points each
- Obliterators (up to four stands) -75 points each
-Havocs (6 stands) - 225 points
-Dreadnaught (up to three stands) -50 points each
-Defilers (up to 3) 75 points each
-Warsmith- 50 points (Grants Supreme Commander)

Iron Warriors Armored Company [Up to 6 Predators (50 points), Land Raiders (50 points), or Vindicators (50 points)]
-Warsmith- 50 points (Grants Supreme Commander)

Iron Siege Company (9 Basilisks)-650 points

Cult Support
(Up to ¼ of points total can be taken from the Lost and the Damned)

Chaos Titan Legion (Up to ¼ of points total can be Titan or Naval support)

Feral Titan pack (2 Feral Titans)- 550 points

Ravager -625 points

Bane-Lord -775 points

Chaos Navy

Hell-Talon Fighter-Bomber (300 points for 2 Hell-Talons)

Devastation Class Cruiser- 150 points

Despoiler Class Battleship- 250 points

EDIT:

Forgot to add Chosen and Deamon Prince.

Chosen- 260 points

Daemon Prince-25 points

Another Random Geek
12-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Triple Post, Woot! Since no-one has seen fit to respond, I'm triple posting just to remind everyone of my existence. :p Anyway, next batch is the St. Josmine's Hope Penal Legion.

St. Josmine's Hope Penal Legion Special Rules:

Untrustworthy Swine
-No Commissars or Super-Heavy Tanks. The Penal Legions aren't trustworthy enough to be trusted with Baneblades or Political Officers. Likewise, the Penal Legions cannot get Titan support because the God Machines shouldn't be wasted on the suicide missions Penal Legions undertake. Naval Support may be taken as normal.

Explosive Collars
-These are why Penal Legions don't need Commissars. Whenever a Penal Legionnaire begins to give ground or attempt to commit a crime, their explosive collars are detonated by their wardens, who are watching from a secure location via the video-chips implanted in the Penal Legionaries.

On any Penal Legionarre formation, you may detonate as many explosive collars as you see fit. For each detonation, remove one blast marker, as well as one stand of infantry, or one vehicle. Any unit within base contact of the exploding unit takes one 6+ Macro-Weapon hit.