PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Hero in infantry blocks

tekn0mega
12-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Quick question (I could find no answer to in the rule book).

You can put a mounted lord/hero in a unit of foot slogging infantry, but does the fact that his base is cav size, and the fact that one "guy" is "displaced" behind him, mean you lose one rank bonus?

I had it out with a friend of mine a while back about this. I saw nothing in the book about it, and I have read several articles written by GT guys stating that you should always mount the hero into a unit of troopers, never mentioning if this affects the rank bonus.

Maybe this was faq'd and I missed it?

Thanks in advance.

Old_Paladin
12-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Quick question (I could find no answer to in the rule book).

You can put a mounted lord/hero in a unit of foot slogging infantry, but does the fact that his base is cav size, and the fact that one "guy" is "displaced" behind him, mean you lose one rank bonus?

I had it out with a friend of mine a while back about this. I saw nothing in the book about it, and I have read several articles written by GT guys stating that you should always mount the hero into a unit of troopers, never mentioning if this affects the rank bonus.
Maybe this was faq'd and I missed it?
Thanks in advance.

As far as I know (and might be totally wrong), it's totally legal.
It doesn't displace ranks (as the hero and mount are US:2)
The dwarf army allows a different model shape and unit strength; a King on shieldbearers.
It's kind of a trade off; the better armour and extra minor attack, for the fact that you are now slower and less manouverable.

Lord Azaghul
12-15-2009, 07:44 AM
You absoultely can. One of the more recent faq's (either army book or brb pt2) does specifically address this.
You still get your rank bonuses and what not.

tekn0mega
12-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Cool! Thanks for the answer.

I tend to fall asleep when reading FAQs so I must have just missed that.

I can't wait to tell my buddy in our next match. I will try to sound as smug as possible. :D