PDA

View Full Version : Space Marines @ 2000pts "Blood Angels,"

Duke
12-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Ok so here is my new 2k list... Thoughts?

Tactical Squad: 240
- 10 men
- Multi Melta
- Melta Gun
- Power Weapon
- Razorback

Tactical Squad: 240
- Same

Lysander: 200

5 TH/SS terminators: 200

Land Raider Redeemer: 250
- Multi Melta

Assault Squad: 240
- 2x Flamer
- Power Weapon
- M. Bombs
- Rhino

Assault Squad: 240
- same

Stern guard Veteran Squad: 200
- 2x Heavy Flamer
- 3x Combi Melta
- Razorback

Tigurius: 230

The whole overall idea is simple... The only trick is using tigurius and the stern guard to "Jump," any deep striking terminators or other heavy threats. I choose Tig. because he can be very flexible with the Sternguard... Also he can gate, fire off a null zone and give the stern guard a Force dome invlun of 5+. Or, give the force dome shoot avenger (for termies) and gate, or gate, and use the flamer attack to compliment the heavy flamers or use the vortex to support the meltas. In short that unit is ultra flexible.

Thoughts?

Duke

Murphius Stevus
12-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Just one question: why Tig and not Mephiston? Isn't the latter more deadly and a BA?

Ok three questions :D

Chumbalaya
12-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Eh, 430 points in 2 characters that don't really complement each other doesn't seem so hot.

Beyond that, you have, of all things, assault marines, 1 Land Raider and 3 Razors.

Assault Marines are not all that hot in assault, they really need a Chaplain to be any good (or Preferred Enemy and Furious Charge, but that's a different "Codex" :P)

Powerfists > Power Weapons, Land Raiders need extra armor.

You could pull a mech plus dual Assault Squad dealy, that might be fun to see. Hide the jump marines behind a wall of armor, pop up and maybe hurt something.

Duke
12-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Ok so with those suggestions.

- I originally had P. Fists in all my squads, but decided to drop them to afford Tig.

- I have actually been quite surprised with Assault marines equipped with 2 flamers in a Rhino. At my store we have a lot of Daemon players and with a null zone flying around these guys will wipe out entire squads in one turn... These two units are really my anti-horde/ speed bump unit for my Thunder Hammer Termies. It is great fun to pull up in a Rhino and put 2 flamer templates on a squad. If I did switch them out what would you suggest in their place? Two more Tac Squads?

- Your right, Lysander and Tig. Don't compliment each other directly... I just really like the conversion I did for Lysander, lol I could drop him though and insert another TH/SS terminator. Then I would have another 150 pts to play with... maybe I could add a drop pod dread.

Any other suggestions?

Duke

Chumbalaya
12-15-2009, 11:57 AM
If you were to keep either, I'd keep Lysander. Tiggy is just too pricey for too little return.

Sternguard > 2 flamers in a big way. With Lysander they get even better.

Cruor Vault
12-16-2009, 11:22 AM
1st, your 40pts over.

2nd, your actually not over because you fail at adding your tactical squads and assault squads correctly!

3rd some changes.

Dude, Tig sucks....

He is way too expensive for what he does. Maybe in a larger game where his reserves power gets some use, but not at 2K

An Epistolary would give you what you need.

Also, nobody is going to be scared of 5 Sternguard in a Razorback. The thing that makes Sternguard Deadly is the Alpha Strike from off the table with Meltas and their special ammo. They already have such amazing abilities that taking all combis is a waste of their talents.

If you want an awesome Flamer squad look at a command squad. 135pts for 4 flamers and Feel-No-Pain. Plus then you can add CC upgrades to them.

Also, if your assault weapon is anti-tank then you should have a Pfist, if your assault weapon is a Plasma you could go either way, if its a Flamer then you want a power sword.

Overall:

Drop Tig down to an Epistolary Saves 80pts

Swap the Sternguard for a command squad with 4xFlamer and a power sword saves 10pts

Buy a MMAB for 50ps.

Buy fists for your Tactical Squads

List should look like this.

Lysander 200pts

Epistolary 150pts

Command Squad 210pts
4x Flamer
Power Weapon
Company Banner
1xMeltabombs
Razorback

Tactical Squad (10) 240pts
Power Fist
Melta
MM
Razorback

Tactical Squad (10) 240pts
Power Fist
Melta
MM
Razorback

MMAB 50pts

Assault Squad (10) 230pts
2x Flamer
Power Weapon
Meltabombs
Rhino

Assault Squad (10) 230pts
2x Flamer
Power Weapon
Meltabombs
Rhino

Duke
12-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I like the command squad idea. The problem I was having is that I wanted to inlcude that thrid Razorback which I have painted so nicely, but couldnt figure out what to do. Ill try out this list next time I get a chance (and assuming I don't like my Vulkan list better)

Duke