PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor allies to IG

Inquisitor Gray
12-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I know this thread is similar to others, but I want to know what people think would make a strong fluff and playable army for IG with Inquisitor allies. My idea is that I want to make a Rogue Trader, and his ships crew or house guard, and have him use Inquisitor "maybe demonhunter" and IG rules. I am planning on having the IG as the main army, and the Inquisitor as a ally. I am also thinking of making this a 2000 point army. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Or any fluff ideas? Thank you all for your help.

Melissia
12-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Generally speaking Inquisitors kinda suck. But there are some combos that let them work.

Most notably: the Daemonhunter Inquisitor Lord with two mystics in his retinue (allows you to decimate deep strikers), and the Witch Hunter Inquisitor Lord who uses a certain psychic power along with Psyker Battle Squads (allows you to force enemy squads off the table).

I couldn't say more than that, as I generally dislike the Inquisition as an army.

DarkLink
12-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah, if you want Inquisitor allies, go with one of Melissia's options. Then check out the assassins, if you want. Not the most competitive units usually, but a lot of people have a lot of fun with them, so worth checking out.

Other than that, though, there really aren't any good Inquisitorial units. Veterans are better than Inquisitorial Stormtroopers by a lot, and the other random circus-freak type Inquisitor units are only good for very casual, non-competitive gaming.