PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Mystery Preview and IA 2!

RedScorpionsGirl
12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Got a cool email today and here's the juicy parts:

Sneak Peek: Imperial Armour Apocalypse II
Today I have the first preview of our latest book, Imperial Armour Apocalypse II. This is a brand new supplement, featuring no fewer than 46 new datasheets for legendary vehicles and battle formations, bringing together all our recent releases and some brand new models as well. It also features some updated sheets from the first book, hints and tips, optional rules for your games, and five new Apocalypse Missions for you to play. The book is lavishly illustrated with some fantastic colour photographs of our models. This book supplements our first Imperial Armour Apocalypse book, which is still available and should help you get the most out of your Forge World models in your games of Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse.

We`ll have full details of the book for you next week, when hopefully the book will also be available to order, but meanwhile Here are a few preview pages.

Preview of a few pages

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/apoc2p.htm

Special Mystery Preview
With Christmas getting close we thought we`d put together one of our ever-popular mystery jigsaw previews of a forthcoming model for you. You can see the first of our three part preview picture Here. All I can tell you is it’s a new special character for the forthcoming Imperial Armour Volume 8, so you`ll just have to guess what it is! Lookout for more pieces of the jigsaw in our newsletters leading up to Christmas.

Link for the preview

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/previewbg.htm

RedScorpionsGirl
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
So what do you think the mystery character is? I am guessing Tech.. of some form... also, Melissa, check it out, sisters have an Apocalypse formation!!

Atrotos
12-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Not a techmarine - MEKBOY. Check out the orky bits on the 'Servo Arms'

Hopefully the apocalypse book will convince more people to use Imperial Armour in regular games - some great units are in there.

Melissia
12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Sweet, a new Exorcist datafax for apoc. About damn time.

RedScorpionsGirl
12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Sweet, a new Exorcist variant for apoc. About damn time.

I'm looking forward to fielding this one... Considering from time to time I will run 3 exorcists in my regular 2000pt list. I hope there's more than just the one, you?

Melissia
12-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Chorus of Faith:
1 Mistress of the Choir (Exorcist)
2 Exorcists
Cost: 75 pts + the points for models (meaning 405 pts minimum)

Special Rules:

Strike Force:
-- Designate one Exorcist to be the Mistress of the Choir.
-- No Exorcist may be deployed further than 12" away from the Mistress of the Choir.

Exaltation of Judgement: (the first word is a bit blurry on my zoomed screen)
-- If a target is within range and line of sight for all of the Exorcists of the Choir, they may focus on it and fire 2d6 shots each instead of d6 shots.
-- There is more text here, but it is blurry and I can't really read it.

The Emperor's Chorus:
-- All Exorcists count as having Laud Hailers and [text is blurry].

RedScorpionsGirl
12-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Thx...I am riding in a truck and there isn't any way in hell I could have zoomed in and read it right now

McMurdoc
12-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Gotta agree with Atrotos, that's something Orky. Looks kinda big to be a Mekboy... Battlewagon-upgrade ?

MarshalAdamar
12-15-2009, 02:44 PM
I would be stoked for some more Orkiness!

Melissia
12-15-2009, 06:17 PM
If anyone can read the Sororitas entry better, please fill in the blanks.

Duke
12-17-2009, 09:23 AM
I have always been a fan of the Chappie Dread. If only I could field it in a regular game.

Duke

Cryl
12-17-2009, 09:54 AM
I have always been a fan of the Chappie Dread. If only I could field it in a regular game.

Duke

Counts as venerable... I use mine all the time it's too lovely a model not to! If you mean the rules then they're not too different for the dread to be unusable in regular games imo, although ymmv with respect to the approach of your gaming group

Herald of Nurgle
12-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Gotta agree with Atrotos, that's something Orky. Looks kinda big to be a Mekboy... Battlewagon-upgrade ?
Warboss Nazdreg returns...

gwensdad
12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm going to commit heresy here and go out on a limb and give a theory as to what the mystery piece is:

It's not 40K related
It's part of a Chaos Dwarf..thingee

They announced a "fantasy Forgeworld" last year, maybe this is the first thing coming out of it.

zealot
12-22-2009, 04:20 PM
About damn time.

You don't even seem happy when you seem happy. lol

rbryce
12-30-2009, 04:47 AM
what im interested in is the convocation of wrath, on the contents page in the forces of the imperium section. if you have a copy yet, what is it? i dont need/want specifics, but by the sounds of it, its sisters too

Artein
01-20-2010, 04:59 PM
From B&C

The first is the Chorus of Faith. It is composed of 3 to 5 Exorcists. You are considered to have Holy Icons and Laud Hailers on all of them. The cost is assumed in the formation cost. The big ability of the Chorus is to choose a single target once per game and lob double the normal Exorcist missiles from each tank in LOS and range. Thats up to 10d6 Exorcist missiles. the drawback is that any tank that participated in the barrage cannot fire in in the next turn similar to Dire Avengers using Bladestorm.

The second is the convocation of Wrath. It consists of a Canoness and her retinue in an Immolator as the command unit, 2 more Immolators, and 2 to 4 battlesister squads in Repressors or Rhinos. The squads must contain a heavy flamer. There are two major benefits to the formation. All flamers (heavy, normal, twin linked etc.) gain +1 Str as long as the command unit is still alive as well as re-rolling all dangerous terrain tests no matter how fast you moved.

I'm working from memory so some of this may be a bit off. All in all the book itself is worth a read and possibly picking up. As IA books go its cheap.

rbryce
01-21-2010, 05:51 AM
swish, cheers for that artein. so, after years of waiting for a data sheet, we get two that pretty much offer up a whole army.

Melissia
01-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Sucks that it's merely two of them, but it's at least better than nothing.

Faultie
01-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Sucks that it's merely two of them, but it's at least better than nothing.

This is all you have to say? No freaking out about the 6d6 to 10d6 Exorcist missiles, or a bunch of Sisters with S6 Heavy Flamers (including the ones on the Repressors!)

Well, then I shall be ecstatic for you. HUZZAH!

david5th
01-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Like the book. This thread has inspired me....

Melissia
01-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Faultie: It's nice. But with these rules, Exorcists are still only 48" range, and they're still only S8. So not only do they still have to make their way across the apocalypse board-- which are often much larger than normal boards-- there's only a 1/36 chance for each missile to destroy an AV14 armor vehicle assuming one shot destroys it, and against other vehicles that many missiles against one target is kinda overkill. And it's only once per game, and the number of shots is still completely random.

So with this, you are able to spend 675 points in order to destroy one baneblade (which is ~500 points), once per game, if you're lucky enough to roll LOTS of sixes (void shield, three structure points), and then your exorcists are sitting ducks the turn after. While you can get up to 60 shots, that's still not, on average, enough to kill a baneblade even without accounting for the void shield. On average you'd get 30 shots, which isn't even on average enough to get one pair of sixes, nevermind enough to get through the void shield and take down all three structure points.

It's really not that great. Maybe it'd be useful against massed formations of AV13 or lower vehicles... but then the Sisters don't entirelly have too much problems with them anyway if they have so many exorcists.

S6 heavy flamers are nice, but Sisters don't really need anti-infantry assistance. Anything caught in the Sisters' rapid fire range is already going to be put in a world of hurt, S6 heavy flamers or no, especially if they have immolators.

That's not really that great either.

So Sisters essentially got two mediocre or decent datafaxes, but nothing great. It's nice that we're getting attention, I just wiish they were more useful.