PDA

View Full Version : GW+FW+BL= one big company?

spaceman91
01-10-2014, 08:10 AM
This cropped up yesterday and was semi confirmed by a friend who I trust with sort of thing. So is this happening? There must be something out there to say yay or na to this.

eldargal
01-10-2014, 08:12 AM
They already are one big company.

Mr Mystery
01-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Their results come under Gw plc, and have done for a long old while.

Fun fact. Forgeworld and Black Library pretty much share an office. I've been in there. It is sweet.

spaceman91
01-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Not what I meant. From what I have heard they will be ONE not sisters. Forge world in store
GW site redo.

Psychosplodge
01-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Well after the WD thing I wouldn't put anything past GW these days, they've certainly ramped up the FW range...

eldargal
01-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Not what I meant. From what I have heard they will be ONE not sisters. Forge world in store
GW site redo.

Maybe, if they have figured out how to produce enough FW kits to keep all stores stocked comfortable which was the main trouble before, as I understand it.

Horncastle
01-10-2014, 09:34 AM
I would love it if I could go to GW to get my Forge World kits (even better if I could get them from my FLGS like I do most of my GW kits). Anything to not have to pay the completely random and ridiculous delivery fess I sometimes have to pay (mosly if the package is delivered by UPS instead of Canada Post but there is no rhyme or reason behind which packages go through the post and which go through UPS near as I can tell).

Mr.Pickelz
01-10-2014, 09:45 AM
If LGS's can get FW kits regularly,then FW has found some way to increase production by 9001% or something. Hopefully, at that rate the casting quality won't suffer. I could see some smaller stuff at GW's stores to "test the waters", stuff like Land Raider doors and such. Leaving the bigger whole models to Forgeworld's website allowing them to "print on demand". If GW stores were to carry the Heresy stuff, like Primarchs, older Mark armours, etc... Then FW would be hugely overwhelmed just filling all the GW stores world wide.
As I'm not an expert on resin molds; Would the extra printings cause the molds to deteriorate faster, and thus require replacement more often? If so, then the cost of the models may be increased to off-set demand and pay for the newer molds.

Mr Mystery
01-10-2014, 10:24 AM
It could be the happy middle ground you know......

Still not physically stocked in GW stores, but able to be Direct Ordered, including Ze Free Shippink into Store.

I know that'd make me happier about procuring Forgeworld. Those shipping prices can be offputting.

Horncastle
01-10-2014, 10:48 AM
To be clear my LGS carries the minimum required to sell GW products so my normal method of purchase is to tell the owner what I would like and he orders it in for me. If I could do the same with Forge World through a store I would be happy, even if they was a slightly longer wait to get it.

*Ninja'd by Mr.Mystery

Mr Mystery
01-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Everyone gets Ninja'd by me :p

Arkhan Land
01-10-2014, 12:04 PM
the end of WD, the end of finecast, new plastic, new resin, new marketing... could this all be the work of one of GWs most recent trends?

I don't think there's anything wrong with this mini-"merger", the possibility of in store FW nor am I suprised.
Company hires person with experience in streamlining a company, said person looks at three seperate companies each with their own hierarchy of management, releases, and pay. said person is then made aware of current dilemna experienced by players about validity about two of three companies releases. Said person then realizes how to solve two issues with one solution

Psychosplodge
01-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Everyone gets Ninja'd by me :p

True story, we've put a bounty on his head for it, but they can't find him :confused:

Eldar_Atog
01-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Still not physically stocked in GW stores, but able to be Direct Ordered, including Ze Free Shippink into Store.

I know that'd make me happier about procuring Forgeworld. Those shipping prices can be offputting.

Could FW keep up with the increase in demand caused by easier/free shipping? It was my understanding that they had trouble keeping up with the current level of demand.

jksigler
01-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Perhaps finecast was a test for large scale resin production. I wouldn't expect quality to be any better or worse. Forgeworld has been cranking out new models regularly.

Houghten
01-11-2014, 04:37 AM

Not just the shipping prices, either: it would also mean I get to have them delivered somewhere that isn't home and then smuggle them past prying eyes at my leisure, avoiding "how much did you spend on that?" style questions.

Mr Mystery
01-11-2014, 09:30 AM
True story, we've put a bounty on his head for it, but they can't find him :confused:

Nudie Ninja!