PDA

View Full Version : 2k Space Marine list: Need help finishing

Duke
12-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok here is my 2k list... I have it sitting at 1845 and thus have 155 pts left over, Im taking suggestions on how to finish it.

-Vulkan
- 5 TH/SS termies
- LR Redemmer w/ Multi Melta

Tactical Squad
- M melta
- Melta Gun
- P fist
- Razor back

tactical squad:
same

Tactical squad:
same

Assault squad:
2x flamers
P fist
Rhino

Assault squad:
same

I was thinking of throwing in a unit of 2 Multi Melta Attack bikes, or a vindicator... what does everyone think?

Duke

Cryl
12-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Looks nice, personally I'd drop the assault squads as I'm not a fan, they just never seem to be that effective and they aren't cheap. With the points that are left I'd play to Vulcans bonuses... Landspeeders with Multi Meltas, Attack Bikes with Multi Meltas are really good as they're going to fill that fast moving and killy niche that you don't fill at the moment. That's even more important given the lack of "reach out and touch someone" that a list based on 24" range weapons has. I might even look at dreads in pods - heavy flamers and multimeltas falling out of the sky on things that can assault will be a problem for any army.

As always, opinion only and ymmv :)

Chumbalaya
12-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Dropping the assault squads for another unit of Termies would be much better.

Rhinos > Razors in this case, since you want they boys rolling together. Look into a combi-flamer.

Dakka Preds and MM/HF Speeders would also be very handy for popping armor.

Duke
12-16-2009, 10:16 AM
I could drop one Assault Squad, this would allow my to add 2 squads of 2 Multi Melta Attack bikes. Or one squad of two attack bikes and one MM, HVY flamer speeder. I would still have the problem of the remianing 155 points. Any suggestions there?

Duke

Brosef Stalin
12-16-2009, 10:33 AM
If you're not looking to amend the above list too much, you could add a Librarian. Like I've said a bunch of times, I've always found one useful (usually in Terminator Armor). If I remember correctly they are 100 pts base, plus either wargear or the Epistolary upgrade.

Cruor Vault
12-16-2009, 10:41 AM
I think you should keep the list as is and play it at Ghengis this year!

Otherwise I think you should add in a pair of MMAB and a scattering of other Upgrades.

Duke
12-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I have thought about playing Ghengis this year, but not only is it on V. Day Weekend it is also the weekend of my Anniversary, and this year is 5 years... Chances are low I will go. But I will sacrifice a thousand psychers to the Emperor and see if he can do something for me.

If I ran it as a 1850 I might drop a first or two to include a MM attack bike.

Duke

Duke
12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Ok, so I think that if I drop the Power Fists in my tactical squads and put in Power Weapons I will save 45 points. I can then buy a MM attack bike. Then I still have another 150 to spend. to get to 2k

ideas:
- Ironclad
- Dakka Pred
- Vanguard vets??? (For the random)
- Hvy bolter Devs???
- Command Squad with 4 flamers in a Razroback

Duke