PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar newbie list

Mr. Smith
12-15-2009, 11:41 PM
I've been getting kinda bored with my chaos space marine so I decided I wanted to go with some Dark Eldar, their fluff is great. These guys are more evil than daemons, its awesome.

So in my excitement of buying the codex and reading through it a couple times, I decided to come up with a newbie list. A list intended to be simple used in a simple, smaller game, allowing me to get used there rules and weaknesses. Anyway.

Kruellagh: 125pts
+Drazhar: 90pts
+ 6 Retinue: 150pts
+2 Blasters: 12pts
+Raider: 55pts
+Horrorfex: 5pts
+Night Shield: 15pts
+Slave Snares: 15pts
+Incubi Master: 18pts
+ Shadow Field: 25pts
510pts

Elites
10 Wyches: 140pts
+2 blasters: 12pts
+ Disintegrator: 5pts 242pts

10 Wyches: 140pts
+2 blasters: 12pts
+Disintegrator: 5pts 242pts

Troops
10 warriors: 80pts
170pts

170pts
+Ravager: 105pts
+Darklance: 10pts
+2 blasters 10pts
205pts
Total: 1539pts

What do you think?

EDIT: List edited.

Chumbalaya
12-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Don't bother trying combatty DE, just stick in your Raiders and kite.

Haemonculi are cheapo HQs that can support your units.

Wyches can be 5 men with 2 Shredders, drop 2 S6 blasts and maybe tie things up in combat.

Warriors can be 10 men with dark lances and blasters.

Ravagers are a must, Dissies all day.

Raiders can be kept cheap, the only upgrade you really need is Night Shields. Beyond that, Slave Snares and Screaming Jets are handy.

Sit back and let all that firepower do your damage.

SlavesToDarkness
12-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Agree with above. Get more units, more Raiders and as many Ravagers as you can get. All that fast flying stuff is a nightmare for MEQs and Orks.

islyfe
12-17-2009, 11:23 AM
More raider and ravagers less bodies Darklances on your troops, shredders on your wytches and dissies on your ravagers.

btw: Are you intrested in buying some DE stuff(new on sprue)?

Mr. Smith
12-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Now why shredders, because judging by the amount of space marines and marine like entitiies out in the universe, those blasts with no ap are dealing with 3+ armor save. Instead of blasters that will most likely kill two, and if your lucky the pistols might kill one as well. Then you assault.

And we'll talk, I haven't gotten my battle force yet, but when it comes, I'll atleast ask you how put those damn raiders and Ravagers together, because they look like a *****.

Chumbalaya
12-17-2009, 07:13 PM
2 S6 blasts can force a lot of saves so even marines will fail a few, you won't always be playing marines, and AP3 isn't so hot considering how prevalent cover is.

Mr. Smith
12-18-2009, 12:42 AM
I was basing this list of of what I'm most likely am going to be playing against most often at the game store, most likely some Space Wolves, some Imperial Guard, the armies of the people who I most likely will be playing against in the local gamestore.

But back on the subject of those blasts, after looking at them, I would have assumed that those are for the horde armies. Used to take out some boys or a put a wound on a warrior.