-Devastator Squad (10): 170
--Missile Launchers (2): 30
--Lascannons (2): 70
---Razorback: 40
----Twin Linked Lascannon: 45

http://knightofultramar.wordpress.com/

Cryl
12-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but the list feels a little confused to me, like you've grabbed all the cool stuff you can get your hands on and taken one of each of them, for example your fast attack choices can probably almost entirely go, the assault squad is too small to be effective and assault marines just aren't that great anyway... the heavy support is also very very expensive for it's surviveability and killyness.

How do you see this playing? I'm guessing you see the scout bikers guiding in drop pods whilst the devs and foot tacticals give fire support to the teleporting termies and other mobile troops? The problem is that you're too spread out in terms of what you've taken to play it that way, one of everything means that you're not going to be able to compensate when a unit dies. Pods work with some mech because you present a large number of really scary targets to your opponent all at once and they have to react to what you're doing.

My general thoughts
I'd always take a librarian over a chapter master, especially in termie armour.
Shooty terminators aren't great especially without a heavy weapon, TH/SS termies are awesome though. Termies in general really benefit from an AV14 delivery box (a landraider, preferably a crusader although ymmv) especially the assault ones.
A single dread podding in will get nuked hard... two on the other hand (especially venerables) will do some real damage and probably make it to turn 2
Always give your tacticals a transport option
Assault squads aren't good. They're ok with a chaplain but still I just wouldn't bother.
Scout bikes and bikes aren't really filling any role in this list other than taking up a bunch of points that you could use for another dread
Dev squads are devastatingly expensive, that's about the only thing they're devastating.
Land speeders are amazing, they can deep strike and you have a range of weapon options, MM, Assault Cannon and typhoon missiles are my preferences although the MM/Assasult Cannon combo is 100 points a go so you might just want a MM or two for deep striking killyness. Another option is 2 HBs which at 60 points is nice anti horde shooting.

Hope some of that's useful, let us know how you get on

Chumbalaya
12-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah, this is pretty poor. Just a mishmash of stuff with no real focus.

Here's my thoughts:
-Orbital Bombardment isn't worth it, Captains are generally better every time. Not much point to Terminator Armor if you have such poor Termies.
-Foot Tac Squads don't need to be. Rhinos are cheap, pick them up. You want your choice of weaponry to be flexible, capable of handling all comers. Missile Launchers, meltas of any stripe, and flamers are all good picks. I wouldn't worry about combat much, you've got your Rhino and combat tactics to avoid it, and power weapons kinda suck anyway.
-Drop Pod Dreads are suicide machines, Venerable and Extra Armor won't change it. Meltas still kill them anyway.
-Termies with no heavy weapons are no Termies I want to see. Cyclones are best.
-Scout Bikes are too expensive and too ineffectual, I wouldn't bother.
-Assault Squad is too small, and they kinda suck too (not enough punch, even a full squad).
-Bikes are nice, just 3 is kinda weird. 2 meltas would be most useful.
-Lascannons are too expensive on Devvies, who are generally overpriced anyway. They're too static too, so you're better off with Predators.

This needs a lot of work. For starters, look into giving everything a transport, finding more meltas and flamers to help kill armor and hordes, work in medium S weapons like autocannons and missile launchers to hunt medium armor and give yourself some redundant units and a focus for your army. 1 Tac Squad, 1 Bike Squadron, and 1 Terminator Squad aren't as useful as 3 Tac Squads, 3 Bike Squadrons, or 3 Terminator Squads.

Rapture
12-16-2009, 08:59 AM
2000 points is a large list, but I like to see that you army list doesn't have 'same' written anywhere on it. Some people will say that you like is too broad, but I'm sure that with a little imagination you can redirect your units to cover losses.

Maybe give a little explanation about how you expect the list to perform and why you chose certain key units/gear. That will make it a lot easier for people to help you with the list.

Dave the Twisted
12-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Ah... I suppose when writing this post I should have explained that I don't own many of the troop change suggestions you're making. I actually own no more than 5 Termies (And the captain), 1 Rhino, 1 Dreadnought, and 1 drop pod.
Yay for Black Reach....
But I will poke through the things I do own and see if I can't fix this apparently sucky list.

Duke
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Ah... I suppose when writing this post I should have explained that I don't own many of the troop change suggestions you're making. I actually own no more than 5 Termies (And the captain), 1 Rhino, 1 Dreadnought, and 1 drop pod.
Yay for Black Reach....
But I will poke through the things I do own and see if I can't fix this apparently sucky list.

I just wanted to say, great attitude Dave the twisted! The suck about putting lists on the internet to be analyzed is that we generally assume one of two things

1. You have every single model in the collection, and not only that but enough of every single model to accomodate the changes we suggest (i.e. switch the 4 plasma guns for 4 meltas)

2.If for some odd reasonyou don't qualify for the first assumption, then we assume you have unlimited financial resources to go and buy the things we suggest.

Hopefully we can help you with the actual models you own.

Duke

Chumbalaya
12-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes, that.

Cryl
12-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Yes, that.

Guilty as charged!

Let us know what you have and I'll stop assuming that you own a full battle company with all the supporting units needed :)

Dave the Twisted
12-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Rather than listing defined squads, I'm going to list by Wargear and Rank ((Scout, Brother, Veteran and Command/Honored))

SCOUTS
Bolter Scouts: 4
HB Scout: 1
Sniper Scout: 1
Scout Bikes: 3 (2 GLs, 1 PFist)

BROTHERS
Bolter Brothers: 30
CCW/Pistol Brothers: 2
CCW/Plaspistol Brothers: 1
Special Weapon Brothers: 1 Flamer, 1 Meltagun, 1 Plasmagun, 2 HBs, 2 MLs, 2 LCs
Jump Pack Brothers: 4 (1 with Plaspistol)
Bike Brothers: 1 w/Meltagun (Someone still owes me another bike in a trade)

VETERANS
Bolter Veterans: 9 (1 PFist, 2 Combiplasma, 1 Combimelta)
Pfist/Bolt Pistol Veteran: 1 (Mk2 Vet. made before Pfists and pistols sucked)
Jump Pack Veterans: 11 (2 PWeapons, 1PFist w/ Stormshiled, 1 Relic Blade)
CCW/Bolt Pistol Veterans: 1
PWeapon/Bolt Pistol Veterans: 3 (One is a modelled as a powered chainsword, so he can count as a CCW if I need him to)
Special Weapons Veterans: 1 HB, 1 PC, 1 ML, 1 Flamer, 1 Heavy Flamer
Bike Veterans: 1 (Combimelta)

HONORED
Terminators: 5 (1 PWeapon Sgt and 1 Chainfist)
PWeapon/Bolt Pistol Honored: 4 (In Honor Guard, they count with Bolters as well)
PWeapon/Plaspistol Honored: 1 (Used to be my Champion in 4thEd when they could still take Plaspistols)
1 Champion w/ Relic Blade, CCW and Bolt Pistol
1 Apothecary w/Bolt Pistol
1 Standard Bearer w/Bolt Pistol and CCW (Has a glowy edge to count as a PWeapon when I need it to)
1 Techmarine w/Storm Bolter and PWeapon (Another powered Chainsword)

COMMAND
Captain w/ PWeapon and Bolt Pistol
Captain w/LClaw and Stormbolter
Terminator Captain w/ PWeaopn and Stormbolter
Black Reach Captain (Which I may re-paint into an Inquisitor)
Chaplain w/ Plaspistol
Librarian w/ Bolt Pistol: 2

VEHICLES
1 Rhino
1 Razorback w/ LC (Was once a Predator before the sponsons broke)
1 Drop Pod w/ Stormbolter
1 Ugly Cardboard scratchbuilt Drop Pod (Made before I knew what they looked like or what size they were)
1 Black Reach Dreadnought (Converted to count as a Ven. Dread when needed)

OTHERS
2 Servo-skulls
1 Warrior Henchman w/ Hellpistol and CCW (Converted Scout)
2 Mystic Henchmen stand-ins (Old D&D figures from before WotC took over the craft)
1 Priest Henchman stand-in (Old D&D figures from before WotC took over the craft)

And that is everything! (I hope it is anyway. It's possible I missed some)

Chumbalaya
12-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Hrm, something like:
Libby + Sternguard in a Pod
Dread in a Pod
DS-ing Termies (or Pod, heavy flamer)
Tacs in Rhinos
Scouts w/ camo to hold objectives
DS-ing Assault Squad (2 flamers, use locater beacons)
Scout Bikes (sure, why not)
Devastators

Not perfect, plenty light on armor for fure (another Pod would be most useful), but it can work. Basically you come in, Pod Sternies or a Dread as needed and bring in other units using Locater beacons while you follow up with Tacticals to nab objectives and Scouts/Devvies to hold yours.