PDA

View Full Version : Empire Detachment Swift reform

c-wiseman
01-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Are detachments able to reform if the regimental unit makes a swift reform? Detachments use the regiments leadership and standard. Detachments can't take a musician of their own. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Chris

Wildeybeast
01-15-2014, 03:02 PM
An interesting one, I had to check this one carefully. The only benefits the detachment gets is leadership and the listed special rules, along with counter charge and support fire. They do not benefit from the parents rank bonus, standard or musician. Effectively, they function as an independent unit in all regards apart from the passed on ld, special rules, support fire and counter charge. They cannot swift reform as they don't have a musician and don't benefit from the parents one. To answer your question, any movement the parents unit makes in no way affects the movement the detachment makes, just as if they were totally separate units in any other army. If the parent unit reforms or swift reforms, the detachment may do as it wishes, reforming or moving as you desire. You don't have to keep them within 3" of the parent unit, they just won't benefit if they aren't.

I hope that helps, any other Empire questions, let me know. I've been playing with them for a long time.

c-wiseman
01-16-2014, 11:35 AM
That is what I thought, thank you for your reply.

Chris