PDA

View Full Version : 500pt Goblins for Escalation League

eventgrot
01-15-2014, 05:03 PM
My Gaming group is starting an Escalation league and I have chosen to play a goblin Army.

It will be Night goblin heavy, and want to feature only night goblin Characters, but i will be using other goblin units like chariots and doomdivers as the league goes on.

We have a variety on new players, so i didn't want to hard of a list, but didn't want to swept off the board-

First 500 Points-

Night Goblin Shaman lv1

Night Goblin Big Boss- BSB, Lt A, Enchanted Shield

24 Night Goblins with Bows
-1 Fanatic

25 Night Goblins with Spears and Shields
-2 Fanatics

Goblin Chariot

Goblin Chariot

Mangler Squig

Total- 499pts

Is this list to hard or do i need to change a few things

Thanks!
E

Baneblade
01-30-2014, 12:34 AM
I would find a way to get a Big Boss as a general. Most other armies can handle a wizard as a general because they are leadership 7 or better, but the poor old Night Goblins are only leadership 5. In your current list only one unit will benefit from a higher leadership, the one with the BSB, a Big Boss that is not the BSB will give LD6 to the other unit.

eventgrot
02-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the info, my logic was that it was better to get a re-rollable LD5 than over all LD6.

My major opponents will be Empire, Ogers and WoC, so i really don't want to drop any of the heavy hitters, al-la two chariots or the mangler.

I have my first couple of games with them this weekend, so i will give both options a try and post which one works better.

Baneblade
02-05-2014, 11:43 PM
I never said to get rid of the BSB. I think having the extra point of LD is critical, especially with two of the main opponents you will be facing. Ogres you will need to worry about fear. You will have a hard time as it is wounding them, so you do not want to have any hits wasted from fear. Chaos will be hard nut to crack. Great WS,high T and great armor spells a hard fight for goblins.

Another option for you is to find points for the poison banner for the BSB. You will get a lot of mileage from poison attacks, whether it is in your archer unit, or your melee unit.