PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Fan?

Katharon
01-17-2014, 03:48 AM
Are there any SW fans out there amongst the horde of BoLS? I'm curious to know what people feel and think about the upcoming release of the new trilogy (which Lucas promised but never delivered), what you think about Disney having the IP for SW now, and what your opinions are of the table-top games that have thus far been released for SW.

eldargal
01-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Star Wars VII (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?29289-Star-Wars-VII).;)

Wolfshade
01-17-2014, 04:20 AM
The Oubillette, once again beating people to the punch :)

http://veryhilarious.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/darth-fader.jpg

Katharon
01-17-2014, 05:38 AM
But this isn't just about SW Ep. VII...

Wolfshade
01-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Don't worry about the topic, so much the spirit...

eldargal
01-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Yup, it's basically a general Star Wars discussion now. :)

Psychosplodge
01-17-2014, 07:16 AM
And it pops up elsewhere down there occasionally.
I think there was a more general one before the VII one popped up...

chromedog
02-13-2014, 11:29 PM
They haven't managed to feth up the marvel universe yet (as much as you CAN feth up something that gets rebooted every few years anyway) and besides George still has a say in things.

I'll reserve judgement until I see something concrete come out about the new stuff.
Getting rid of the hierarchy of canon is a good thing, though. EU canon was all over the shop.
At least the new stuff will ALL be designed to fit into the canon, with nothing needing to be shoehorned in with a handwave and "it's always been there."

Nabterayl
02-13-2014, 11:45 PM
I think the canon collapse has been widely misreported. It's not just that they aren't going to have tiers of canon (which, practically, hardly ever conflicted anyway, as the licensing department at Lucasfilm has been very diligent since the early '90s at least). The bigger thing it's taking away is the George-era construct where nothing but the movies and shows was canon at all. As far as George was concerned, the only Star Wars that was real was the stuff he personally had a hand in creating - Episodes I-VI. The rest of it wasn't real to him. And that's fine; it was his story.

But I am definitely excited to see the official line be that (for example) the novels and movies actually exist in the same universe.