PDA

View Full Version : WW1 systems and 6mm miniatures

Popsical
01-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Hey folks. So with the imminent finish of my final 40k army, im looking into starting a 6mm army in historicals.
Im really interested in WW1 and would like suggestions for rules and figs in 6mm.
Pros and cons of the rules systems would be good too.
So, fire away.

rsutton
02-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Hey folks. So with the imminent finish of my final 40k army, im looking into starting a 6mm army in historicals.
Im really interested in WW1 and would like suggestions for rules and figs in 6mm.
Pros and cons of the rules systems would be good too.
So, fire away.

If you are looking at 6mm then I assume you are interested in larger scale actions (as in higher command level)?

If so, then Great War Spearhead is fantastic (I'm an unashamed fan). Pitches command and control at regimental level, and is best played at Divisional/Corp level.

My web site has AARs, scenarios and other resources:

www.wargaming.org.nz

There's also a very cool, supportive Yahoo group, with Shawn Taylor the author a regular contributor.

Others will have cool recommendations if yo want lower level command/control and actions.

Kind regards
Robin

Bigred
02-17-2014, 11:53 AM
I have been dreaming of a great WW1 game for years - but the Great War seems like it almost demands a small scale for the epicness of the battles.

I could see 10mm and smaller being about right.

rsutton
02-17-2014, 06:13 PM
I have been dreaming of a great WW1 game for years - but the Great War seems like it almost demands a small scale for the epicness of the battles.

I could see 10mm and smaller being about right.
A couple of AARs on my web site with 6mm figures.. take a look at the Cambrai refight.. spectacular.

R

Lukas The Trickster
02-19-2014, 12:45 AM
The 'word on the street' is that Battlefront are bringing out a range of WW1 miniatures this year for Flames of War......