PDA

View Full Version : 2250 DE for local tourney

Mazelf
12-17-2009, 11:05 AM
any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The idea for this list is to take advantage of the elves high mobility and be kind of an in your face CC style army, while still having some shooting and a tiny bit of magic def.

General:
-Dreadlord
GW, SDC
Armor of Eternal Servitude
Pendant of Kaeleth
Null Talisman x1

-Death Hag
BSB
CoB

Core:

- 1x10 RXBows
- 1x20 Warriors, FC, Banner of Murder (Assasin with xtra hand wpn, RoK, Manbane)
- 2x5 Dark Riders, RXBows
- 2x5 Harpies

Special:

- 1x12 Shades, GWs (Assasin with xtra hand wpn, Rending Stars, Manbane)
- 1x19 Black Guard, FC, Banner of Hag Graef, RoH

Rare:

- 1x1 War Hydra
- 1x1 War Hydra

thx!

quinn
12-18-2009, 04:46 PM
The idea for this list is to take advantage of the elves high mobility and be kind of an in your face CC style army, while still having some shooting and a tiny bit of magic def.

General:
-Dreadlord
GW, SDC
Armor of Eternal Servitude
Pendant of Kaeleth
Null Talisman x1
I would drop the AES, it's overkill. Use Armor of Darkness or mundane armor. Drop the Null Talisman too, I'm assuming the DL is in the Black Guard and you've already got the ring. Add Crimson Death: ST6 Magical and can't be reduced in Strength by anything.
DL w AOD, CD, PoK = 225 pts

-Death Hag
BSB
CoB
I'm not a fan of making the COB a BSB. I've played a lot of games with a COB and can't think of one time where I've run it that way.
COB = 200pts

Core:
- 1x10 RXBows
- 1x20 Warriors, FC, Banner of Murder (Assasin with xtra hand wpn, RoK, Manbane)
- 2x5 Dark Riders, RXBows
- 2x5 Harpies

DEW blocks are not very good in my opinion. Save the points and use them elsewhere, unless you're running a Sorceress with the Dagger, then you need the bodies. The other choices are solid, although you can never have enough Harpies!
Core: 430 (without DEWs and Assassin)

Special:

- 1x12 Shades, GWs (Assasin with xtra hand wpn, Rending Stars, Manbane)
Shades are great, but 12 is too many in one unit. Either split this into 2 units or just run 1.

- 1x19 Black Guard, FC, Banner of Hag Graef, RoH
BG win combat through kills, not ranks. I suggest you run these guys 2x7. You can put the Assassin (from the DEWs in here) to protect your DL if you want.

Special: BG 13 w FC, BHG, RoH, Assassin: 410
Shades 5 w GW and Assassin: 241
Rare:

- 1x1 War Hydra
- 1x1 War Hydra
No problems here, but your opponents will yell 'cheese'.

Total points with changes: 1856

You've got 400 points to play with and I think you need at least 1 Scroll Caddy (the RoH is not enough in a tournament) and at least one high strength unit to deal with Armor Saves. I learned this the hard way when my BG attacks kept bouncing off the Warriors of Chaos army I faced right after the new DE book came out. If you spend 150 on the Scroll Caddy, you can either add a unit of Executioners ( and possibly put one of the assassins in the unit)or a unit of Cold One Knights. Both of these unit have high strength attacks and work really well with a COB. Another option is a couple of Cold One Chariots. If you're dead set on Shades, you can of course add another unit of them. Remember the #1 Dark Elf rule: You can never have enough Harpies! :D
That's my 50 cents worth, www.druchii.net is great for army list critiques.

Vindur
12-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree with Quinn for the most part except for the Crimson death. In a unit with ASF soul render is just as effective 9 times out of 10 and gives you 20 more points to play around with.

quinn
12-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah, you're right about Soulrender. I havn't run a Dreadlord in ASF Black Guard in so long that I actually forgot about it. The one advantage to Crimson Death is that Spells and Gifts can't affect it's ability, at least according to the written rule entry, although you may get some arguements.