PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Eldar Mounted List

khornechaos
12-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Any help or comments welcome, I'm just getting back into the game after a few years and was wondering if this list is at all functional. Thanks in advance.

Eldar List- 2250 pts

HQ: Farseer -173 pts
Jetbike, Fortune, Guide, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear

HQ: Farseer- 163 pts
Jetbike, Fortune, Doom, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear

HQ: Warlock Unit – 250 pts
4 Warlocks
Jetbikes, Destructor,Witchblades
1 Warlock
Jetbike, Enhance, Witchblade

Troops: Guardian Jetbike Squadron-286 pts
9 Guardian Jetbikes
3 Shuriken Cannons
1 Warlock
Jetbike, Destructor, Singing Spear

Troops: Guardian Jetbike Squadron-286 pts
9 Guardian Jetbikes
3 Shuriken Cannons
1 Warlock
Jetbike, Destructor, Singing Spear

Elite: Fire Dragons-270
10 Fire Dragons
1 Wave Serpent
Shuriken Cannon + TL Shuriken Cannons

Troops: Dire Avengers- 262 pts
9 Dire Avengers
1 Dire Avenger Exarch
Bladestorm, 2 Avenger Shuriken Catapults
1 Wave Serpent

Troops: Dire Avengers- 262 pts
9 Dire Avengers
1 Dire Avenger Exarch
Bladestorm, 2 Avenger Shuriken Catapults
1 Wave Serpent

Elite: Howling Banshees- 280 pts
10 Howling Banshees
1 Wave Serpent
Shuriken Cannon + TL Shuriken Cannons, Spirit Stones

Total: 2250 pts

Unholy_Martyr
12-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I'll admit, initially looking over the list I was rather frightened, especially with that Warlock unit of pain...4 destructors, are we copying Fritz much? Anywho, I'm a fan really, the only complaint I really have is the lack of ranged punch. Granted you're fast enough to be in your enemies face rather quickly and have some guns to bring to bear, but don't you think a few Bright Lances couldn't hurt? Outside of that, I like it.

khornechaos
12-17-2009, 08:38 PM
The only way I can think of to fit some BLs in is to either cut the second seer, which would hurt the council's cc ability and/or its ability to fortune say the banshees, or to cut a squad of Dire Avengers, but that would give me far to many points for 3 BL upgrades, and I have no idea what I would use them for. Do you think 3 TL brightlances are worth the lose of redundancy/ rerolling 1s in CC and shooting.

Unholy_Martyr
12-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Hmmm, well, after referring to the Eldar Codex, you can go ahead and strike my coment on the Bright Lances...and consder this adjustment. With you having a Wave Serpent stuffed full of Fire Dragons, what about this idea:

Take a Falcon or two and cut down the numbers on your squads. For example: 6 Dire Avengers with listed upgrades mounted in a Falcon coplete with Bright Lance and Spirit Stones, total for unit : 252pts.

You maintain your scoring units while managing to maintain a decent firing platform. While the Falcons are VERY vulnerable as compared to your Wave Serpents, you want to use them as an endgame with your Elites and Seer Council of pain being the main components of your Assault. Once the enemy has been either destroyed or weakend, you can use the speed of the Falcons to swoop in for the killing blow. On the other hand, in the middle of the battle, with the concentration on the Wave Serpents as your opponent focuses on them thinking they have scoring units inside, you can run up the middle unhindered. This gives you 4 VERY fast, and 2 VERY powerful scoring units that I for one would not expect.

khornechaos
12-17-2009, 10:21 PM
That is a very interesting idea, I'll definitely consider that, but one interesting question it brings up is: with the reduced squad size due to the Falcon's limited transport is an Exarch with bladestorm even worth it? It strikes me that that unit now only exists in order to create a scoring tank + gunplatform, not to use the unit inside to do much damage. If thats the case, the taking out the exarch would give enough points to switch the spirit stone for holo-fields (which, even though they took a hit in 5th e would seem to make the tank more survivable) and leave 10 pts left over between the two tanks to either upgrade on to having spirit stones as well or use somewhere else in the list.

If i'm just babbling or seriously overestimating holofields feel free to let me know.

Unholy_Martyr
12-17-2009, 10:32 PM
The idea is rather well founded...I would say try it both ways and see which plays better to your style. Honestly, I would go for the Holo-Fields because it makes Falcons nigh indestrucible. From what I've encountered they are a pain to destroy given all of the other powers the Eldar have, you would have a balanced strike force with a solid fire support platform.

Mobious
12-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Solid basic list, but I have a few comments. At 2250 you are really going to want a second Fire Dragon unit, and you probably want to cut them down to 5 man squads. Ten Meltas in one squad is ridiculous over kill and frankly a waste of points. You'll find your self faced against Dual Raiders and many other Mech forces, and one big squad won't cut it.

Bright Lances are also a good buy for your Avenger Serpants to deal with the Heavy Armor that S6 cannot handle, and to assist/back up the Dragons. Along with buying Lances you might want to consider dropping the Exarch and Bladestorm, its nice and all but you are not gonna want to get out of your Serpant with T3 Armor 4.

Destructors in the Guardian squads works, but the best way to use Guardians Jetbikes IMO is to sit back with all of your S6 / S4 goodness and peck away. And then when the assault phase comes around move away 6". You don't want to find yourself in assaults, and that is what destructor leads to. Personally I would rather have Embolden to keep you around.

Howling Banshees are great fun but hard to use. You need Doom for a fact, and you also need two turns to set up your assaults. Plus once your Banshees are out of their Transports, they will be gone fairly quickly. Not sure if you would want to, but using those points on some Heavy Support (Falcons and Prisms) which you lack, and/or beefing up the council would really go a long way.

And if you add numbers to the Council, then you don't need the expensive second Seer. Therefore leaving even more points to play around with. Falcons with Pulse Lasers/Scatter Lasers/Shuriken Cannons and Holo-Fields are really nice to have around. They pump out all sorts of shots at range that can hurt MC/Mech/Infantry and can even hold some Avengers to score an objective.

Hope I helped. :)

davel
12-22-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't think you need guide. Your bikes and serpents are twin linked any way. your templates don't need it, banshee won't be shooting. dire advengers are bs 4 with blade storm and twin shuriken exarch with blade storm massive number of shots,guide is O.K. but not essentual. the only unit I think it may be usefu with is the dragons how ever you have ten of them. If your plan is to use them with dragons then he may as well lead them direct. Saving points on jet bike. or spend points on another power.

happy crimbo

dave l

Jwolf
12-22-2009, 01:06 PM
People play 40K at 2250 in your area?

khornechaos
12-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Occasionally Jwolf, recently it seems all anyone wants to play is Apocalypse, which, as the games are very time consuming, is never finished. By going a little higher than usually (1.5k-2k pts) I'm hoping I will be able to slowly wean them off super heavy carnage and actually get a game done once in a while.

Anyway, in response to comments I have made a few changes to the list:

I replaced the 10 man fire dragon squad with 2 squads of six in waveserpents with TL bright lances
I cut out the one of the farseers, and changed the other's psychic powers to doom and fortune (I've been an eldar player for years and I still completely forgot guide only works on shooting attacks)
That put me 38 points over so i cut 2 jetbikes to make a squad of 8 and added an exarch with a triskele to the banshee squad

Any comments or suggestions now?