PDA

View Full Version : New to Wood Elves and need some help with upcomming event.

Fossil Hunter
12-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey fellow fantasy players,
I come to you for some assistance; seems I have tripped into the forests of Athel Loren and have acquired some Wood Elves (Battalion and the lord unit).It seems that I feel like a need for change yes I can change (heheh tried to make a funny) well anyway I have been trying to get accustomed to the new army and its shooting phase goodness. The LGS (Local Game Store) will be hosting a small league tourney and I received an invite and was thinking of turning the sky black with wood elf arrows. So I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips or verify unit choices and critique the builds. Point limit has yet to be decided im guessing Week 1 would consist of 1000 points.
Rules:
Week 1: A hero and battalion; hero can be equipped with anything that points will allow.
Week 2: Players can include extra core choice.
Week 3: Extra special choice.
Week 4: Extra Rare choice
Week 5: one extra upgrade for their force.

So here is a list progression from W1-W5. So here are my selections.

Week 1: - Not sure if we can max out on heroes or it’s just one needing clarification.

Hero: Wood Elf Noble – 160 Points
Talisman of Protection
Bow of Loren
Kindred: Waywatcher

Core: Glade Riders x 8 (Full Command) – 156 Points
Glade Guard x 18 (Full Command) - 240 points – Was thinking of splitting them up in a groups of 8 and then give one a magic banner.
Glade Scouts x 5 (Full Command) – 109 – Either scrap these to add more Glade Guards
Dryads x 12 (Full Command)

Week 2:
+ Add the Glade Scouts, probably a group of 10.

Week 3: This is the hardest decision, I was thinking of adding Tree Kin, or wardancers or Eternal guard. If I select eternal guard could they be considered core and add them to Week 1’s composition or should add to Week 2. Not sure this is where Wood Elf experts come in.

Week 4: Depends, if I go Wardancers or Tree Kin, Ill select the Waywatchers, if the eternal guard becomes selectable then Ancient Treeman would become selectable.

Week 5: I’m at a loss of what to pick.

So what do you guys think??? I want this list to be competitive so that I can get all available points. My plan of action is during deployment position as far back as possible and then once the initial charges fail then start to pepper the units. Not sure how far it will get so that why I’m asking for help.

Fossil Hunter
12-22-2009, 01:01 PM
34 views and 0 responses. hmm thats 2 topics in a row.

Kieranator K82
12-22-2009, 09:45 PM
^ I'm sorry to hear that.
I honestly don't know anything about Wood Elves. I'm new to the game myself.
Sorry I couldn't say anything useful; just wanted to make you feel better.

Mazelf
12-22-2009, 09:46 PM
34 views and 0 responses. hmm thats 2 topics in a row.

you might try www.asrai.org