PDA

View Full Version : Deep Striking Deamons

Norbu the Destroyer
12-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Curious on how people play deamons and deep striking. Do people deep strike aggressively(0-8") far away (20 or more inches) or somewhere in between?? Some of the deamon players around here have different thoughts on the matter. I know it is a unit to unit basis, but even the units that are away from the battle and need to be near each other, how do people deep strike, knowing 2/3 of the time they scatter??

Jwolf
12-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Generally aggressive is the best game in town for Daemons.

Herald of Nurgle
12-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Slaanesh: Strike far away to Fleet into combat (13)
Khorne: Cover and Charge (12)
Nurgle: Icon in (6 from other)
Tzeentch: Defensive and Fire (18)

eagleboy7259
12-20-2009, 01:13 PM
I'll only ever icon in GUO's, Bloodcrushers, and Flamers. GUO's are so dang slow, Bloodcrushers have such a huge footprint, and flamers are basically suicide squads so a bad scatter for any of them means you're out something fierce. I like to try and plop fateweaver close and bring in everyone around him so they don't get blasted to death in the enemy shooting phase. Anything with a reach: fleet, wings, guns or jetbike silly screamers I try to keep out of rapid fire range. I've been having trouble placing my bloodletters somewhere where they won't die tho, they look so great on paper but I haven't been able to get them to work well for me.