PDA

View Full Version : looks like 'The Great Smelt' was a lie...

Lord-Boofhead
02-02-2014, 02:58 AM
Looks like the story that they are smelting all the white metal and selling it for scrap was a lie.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod2380273a

It does look like they are trying to offload the old metal however.

Also this better not mean we aren't getting plastic Slayers or I'll be taking my business to Avatar's of War thanks...

euansmith
02-02-2014, 03:47 AM
The use of the word "Deal" usually implies some sort of a saving :D

Lord-Boofhead
02-02-2014, 04:03 AM
You're new to GW aren't you?

Timmytimmy
02-02-2014, 06:43 AM
Most likely it was all the metal product they replaced with plastic/Finecast. Metal product that hasn't been updated yet is still Available.

Bigred
02-02-2014, 04:12 PM
We've heard multiple reports of the metal shipments headed out.

I would assume it is a process and won't be all at once.

Tin is one of the expensive metals on the commodities market right now. It fetches $20,000 per ton at the moment.

Deadlift
02-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Looks like the story that they are smelting all the white metal and selling it for scrap was a lie.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod2380273a

It does look like they are trying to offload the old metal however.

Also this better not mean we aren't getting plastic Slayers or I'll be taking my business to Avatar's of War thanks...

I find it highly unlikely now that we're going to see plastic slayers. Not with this bundle being made available. I know GW aren't the most savvy when it comes to pissing of their customers but surely they wouldn't sell a load of metal slayers to dwarven players and then release plastic ones the month after. That would be pretty low. I see the flaw in my argument :o

Cap'nSmurfs
02-02-2014, 06:56 PM
The deal for metal Slayers doesn't actually contradict the idea of an ensmeltening. You can be selling your metal stock at the same time as working through sales of existing metal miniatures. Both get you to the desired end goal of no metal and a stack of cash.

One thing which is incontrovertible, given the miniatures which are no longer available from GW's website, and the way characters are being replaced with plastics as fast as possible, is that GW is flushing metal out of its system at the moment.

Worth considering that this is probably your last chance to get some of these sculpts from GW, although they'll always be doing the rounds in the secondhand market.