PDA

View Full Version : Across the Dead Earth - Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Warfare Kickstarter 01-03-14

Dead Earth Rich
02-06-2014, 03:29 PM

Across the Dead Earth is a fast paced and exciting skirmish wargame set 3 generations after "The Last War". In it, players control persistent, upgradeable Gangs through campaigns to fight, scavenge loot and controil territory. The rules are in the last stage of beta testing and we have 3 miniatures sculpted so far:

The Kickstarter campaign is to raise the funds for the 9 more characters and the printing of the rules in softcover to make up our starter set. We have a website over at www.deadearth.co.uk wherre you'll find some background, some fiction and some concept art and there's frequent updates on our facebook page facebook.com/acrossthedeadearth including two beta test battle reps from our playtesters.

SaveModifier
02-07-2014, 03:38 AM
If this is Necromunda meets Fallout then consider me sold

Chapter Master Jake
02-07-2014, 07:31 AM
This certainly seems interesting, what about customized gangs? Maybe rules for vehicles like motorcycles, weaponized cars and transport cars? I'd love to see this take off! :D

Dead Earth Rich
02-07-2014, 11:05 AM
If this is Necromunda meets Fallout then consider me sold

I've never played Necromunda, but several of the playtesters have said there are similarities, especially with the campaign element and the upgradeable Gangs between battles. As for Fallout, I would say that although there are now numerous differences in the setting, Fallout was my biggest influence in wanting to create this game :-)

Dead Earth Rich
02-07-2014, 11:08 AM
This certainly seems interesting, what about customized gangs? Maybe rules for vehicles like motorcycles, weaponized cars and transport cars? I'd love to see this take off! :D

Characters and Gangs are completely customisable - you can take our ideas and modify them or start pretty much from scratch, or create a character around a figure you already have. I think most cars are stuck in 70 year+ jams but we'll be adding bikes and a biker Gang at some point assuming this gets off the ground! You know what to do to help that happen!

eldargal
02-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Really interested in this, especially if you keep up a decent gender ratio. +1 for the sensibly dressed woman on the artwork.

Dead Earth Rich
02-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Really interested in this, especially if you keep up a decent gender ratio. +1 for the sensibly dressed woman on the artwork.

In the starter set there will be 3 female characters from a total of 12, that ratio would actually increase if we get as far as sculpting some other Gangs we have planned. The different gangs often have a clothing theme or similarities, so whilst some characters will not be sensibly dressed, I wouldn't dress a female character differently to their male comrades.

Cap'nSmurfs
02-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Ruins of a destroyed Tesco made me so happy. So happy.

Dead Earth Rich
02-08-2014, 09:56 AM

Gender ratio for the starter set is 9/3 but this will change each time a faction/Gang gets released. I have an all female one written and there's others which will be mixed in different ratios...

Women will not be dressed in any way I wouldn't dress a man.

Cap'nSmurfs - disgruntled employee? ;)

SaveModifier
02-10-2014, 06:44 AM
all sounds very promising, Necromunda was just 2nd Edition 40K but with customisable and upgradeable gangs and a campagin system, so yeah, you're there!

Post Apoc skirmish wargame with a campaign system set in the ruins of the british isles that treats women as equals rather than pin ups, well, you're doing well at targetting me specifically!

Dead Earth Rich
02-10-2014, 05:25 PM
all sounds very promising, Necromunda was just 2nd Edition 40K but with customisable and upgradeable gangs and a campagin system, so yeah, you're there!

Post Apoc skirmish wargame with a campaign system set in the ruins of the british isles that treats women as equals rather than pin ups, well, you're doing well at targetting me specifically!

Excellent! If you'd be so good as to clone yourself a couple of hundred times, we'll be sorted!

Dead Earth Rich
02-16-2014, 11:02 AM
We now have the metals of the first three characters made, and a rather lovely lick of paint applied by The Artificer:

Dead Earth Rich
02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
This goes LIVE on Kickstarter tonight @ 00:00 GMT!

Dead Earth Rich
03-03-2014, 01:12 PM
87% funded!

Dead Earth Rich
03-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Hi there! Great news, our game was successfully funded yesterday, and we're now racing towards our first stretch goal!

Dead Earth Rich
03-09-2014, 02:49 AM
We still have a few of the bargain £30 starter set pledge level left - that's for 2 gangs, the rulebook and an Exclusive miniature! This is strictly limited so grab one while you still can!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chappellm/across-the-dead-earth

Also, follow us on Facebook for the details of a competition which could win you an upgrade to your next pledge level, or even the new Lifer pledge level - everything which will ever be produced for Across the Dead Earth.

Www.Facebook.com/acrossthedeadearth

Dead Earth Rich
03-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Our bumper weekend update, which is viewable by all, not just backers, includes concept art for The State squad, which will be manufactured if stretch goal #1 is met, details of new pledge levels, the stretch goal 2 announcement, a new Gang and a brand new short story.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chappellm/across-the-dead-earth/posts

rbrthpr
03-20-2014, 01:00 PM
Some great new art/figure concepts up now, and comparison images with other make figures.
Looking to be a great set of rules and wonderful figures, damn good deal all round!

rbrthpr
03-23-2014, 05:17 PM
First stretch goal has been passed so the extra Gang (paramilitary) is included free with the £50 pledge and above.
That is now worth 17 figures, printed rulebook and pdf expansions for moving the game setting to USA and including undead/zombie type characters.