02-10-2014, 12:41 PM
House Van Saar

Pitslaves

Ratskins

The Cult of the Emperor's Redemption

Enforcers

lobster-overlord
02-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I currently have a 9 strong escher gang in the works as a penal squad for my IG. the old cadian cigar smoking cadian is their penal sgt. I have to dig them out to take pics. I met a guy through work that still plays necromunda, so we are talking about getting deadzone for the terrain?

Gingerpanda
02-10-2014, 02:19 PM

I always keep these near my desk and create a few gangs every now and then, although I've not played for many years.

Terrainosaur
02-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah! I just built an enormous Necromunda table, with dozens of buildings and a 5'x6' factory floor.

http://www.terrainosaur.com

SaveModifier
02-10-2014, 02:31 PM
I have about 30 escher models in various states, some Spyrers and a few bounty hunters and I just finished converting some Chaos Cultists into a Pit Slave Gang!
Can't seem to find any photos here though!

Necromunda is the greatest game

-Tom-
02-10-2014, 02:52 PM
I currently have a 9 strong escher gang in the works as a penal squad for my IG. the old cadian cigar smoking cadian is their penal sgt. I have to dig them out to take pics. I met a guy through work that still plays necromunda, so we are talking about getting deadzone for the terrain?

Having enjoyed playing Necromunda years ago, I've recently been looking to play again, and am at a stage of scouring various places for miniatures (rather than borrowing 'stand ins' from a friend). A couple from Studio McVey, a couple from Hasslefree, a couple of kit bashes from GW stuff... I want to get "Cruz" from the 'Toughest Girls in the Galaxy' to be one of my Heavies, (once it's out of the kickstarter and available to buy). Hopefully I'll get round to posting up some pictures when done. I also had a go at writing some custom scenarios for it that could be for 2+ players rather than just 2, along with some NPC rules in some of them too... not yet play tested them though to know if they'd be worth sharing.

For terrain, my friend has a shop on eBay selling laser cut MDF terrain. He's got these great industrial sets that can either be glued, or will hold together nicely enough to leave dry fitted. (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/War-Games-Tournaments?_trksid=p2047675.l2563). He's done them pre-painted before too.

GentleBen
02-10-2014, 03:20 PM
I can still remember some creeper hitting on my mom when she went into the store with me to buy me a redemptionist box for my 14th birthday.

"What? These toys? These are for my kid?" Points at teenage son.

Mom uses humiliate. It's super effective. Creeper defeated.

Psychosplodge
02-10-2014, 04:29 PM
the scum with two bolt pistols is still one of my favourite GW models of all time.

Ezaviel
02-10-2014, 04:40 PM
*Nostalgia hits you*
*Critical hit!*

Man, I miss Necromunda. I am always badgering my mates to play it with me, and start up a new campaign.

I have pretty big gangs for all the basic gangs, and a couple of the outlander gangs (still haven't got Pit Slaves, Scavies or Ratskins).

I was mostly a Van Saar player. I loved the high tech suits they had, and taking heaps of Techno skills.

Ezaviel
02-10-2014, 04:42 PM
For terrain, my friend has a shop on eBay selling laser cut MDF terrain. He's got these great industrial sets that can either be glued, or will hold together nicely enough to leave dry fitted. (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/War-Games-Tournaments?_trksid=p2047675.l2563). He's done them pre-painted before too.

That does look pretty cool. I may end up buying some of that.

Ahren McLaren
02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Necromunda, Gorkka Morkka, Mordheim, Battle Fleet Gothic, Space Hulk...I've been collecting them all for awhile, trying to get enough together that even if my friends don't have the stuff to run a gang, that I can loan them one. I've got a boat load of the Necromunda Terrain, from both the base set and the Outlands expansion. I've got at least one set of each from the Gorkka Morkka set and expansion, but I want more. Looking for the cardstock buildings that they had in the early days of 40k. I'm also looking for more Mordheim Terrain. Cityfight style Fantasy Battles in the streets when the gangs go to ground. Tear, sniff, I want to play again!!!

Steakhouse
02-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's the pear cider and whiskey talking, but it really seems like the Infinity ruleset is begging for a Necromunda hack.

SecondJames
02-11-2014, 01:17 AM
I've always wanted to play Necromunda. I even made a mostly-converted Redemptionist Crusade that I'm now expanding into a proper 40k army. Its just too bad there's no FLGS or GW near me, or I'd organize a campaign myself.

daboarder
02-11-2014, 02:13 AM
It's so easy to do modern versions of all the gangs but delaque with the GW plastics these days. I love necromunda, the only thing we need now is a scifi range from FW akin to their fantasy Monster range.

SaveModifier
02-11-2014, 06:30 AM
It's so easy to do modern versions of all the gangs but delaque with the GW plastics these days. I love necromunda, the only thing we need now is a scifi range from FW akin to their fantasy Monster range.

And if you want Delaque, http://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_15&zenid=b41ffb18b2cb3b012f3e99b4ac9d0522 these are amazing

Bob821
02-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Lads you all sound like it's dead and gone! The rules are there for free on the GW website. Most gangs can be made from a combo of imperial guard and warhammer imperial forces for pennys. I just started a new campaign as a break from 40k. Get out there and do it!

SaveModifier
02-14-2014, 05:44 AM
Lads you all sound like it's dead and gone! The rules are there for free on the GW website. Most gangs can be made from a combo of imperial guard and warhammer imperial forces for pennys. I just started a new campaign as a break from 40k. Get out there and do it!

Last year I played more Necromunda than 40K, its still a great game, yakromunda is a great resource for rules and campagin management too, get a few bits and get your friends together and start playing

Bob821
02-15-2014, 01:19 PM
The community rules and the yakromunda website in general are the bees knees!

tankbusta
02-16-2014, 11:54 AM
I've always wanted to play Necromunda. I even made a mostly-converted Redemptionist Crusade that I'm now expanding into a proper 40k army. Its just too bad there's no FLGS or GW near me, or I'd organize a campaign myself. I don't know where in NoVa you live, but Drop Zone in Bowie MD, and Dream Wizards in Frederick MD have pretty active gaming groups for a variety of GW games. FTW in Richmond, of course, is an option as well. I thought Fredericksburg had a gaming establishment.

I always thought that Inquisitor would have been a good fit to add on to Necromunda, additional storylines, characters, scenarios , wargear. I recently read "Pariah" by dan Abnett, and there was a lot of possible game ideas in there.

I really do prefer skirmish games and Necromunda was a great one, especially if you played a campaign.

Thanks for the links I'll check these sites out.

Lord-Boofhead
03-19-2014, 12:33 AM
I'm also looking for more Mordheim Terrain. Cityfight style Fantasy Battles in the streets when the gangs go to ground.

Here (http://www.angelfire.com/wa/dralair/buildings.html). You're welcome.

Here (http://ernysplace.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/more-free-buildings.html) Also

Also do a search for Warhammer Townscape.